Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Queen_Anne_Revenge_

Dirt for good games

45 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3 posts
1,373 battles

Why is it when we do good we get craped on? 6 kills ! 1543 exp. 1 kill in pvp is way more. People who afk in pvp mostly get more exp. This needs to be fixed. I got this in a pvp match I would have gotten 30x the reward. it should be more balanced in terms of rewards. not all of use feel like pvp to grind the exp for teir 10''s

20171009_172309.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
485
[SOV]
Beta Testers
1,493 posts
5,811 battles

The reward is proportional to the challenge. 

 

Whoa, that took me back...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles

the real question is what happened to your PRINT SCREEN BUTTON????  do you not have one???

AND also this...

you have 11, ELEVEN PVP games.. and 1073 CO-OP with 737 of them in tier  8 ships....

so I would love to know when you feel like you are going to play PVP and if not then get used to low income...

how do you even know you get 30x the stuffs if you dont even try playing COOP.... and to grind XP in tier 8 ships you are going to be a WHILE!!

 

Edited by pmgaudio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
445 posts
2,076 battles

I mean, co-op is far easier than random, it doesn't make much sense at all to give the same reward for fighting bots. Would be rather unfair to PvP players as well due to the massive difference in difficulty. As WG has stated before, the mode was originally intended just for trying out and testing ships, not necessarily as a way to play the entire game.

Edited by Speedstang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles

Does not need to be fixed.  This is quite intentional on WG's part.  The devs have come right out and said they only intended co-op to be a training mode and were genuinely surprised when they saw how many people play co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles
Just now, Speedstang said:

I mean, co-op is far easier than random, it doesn't make much sense at all to give the same reward for fighting bots. Would be rather unfair to PvP players as well due to the massive difference in difficulty. As WG has stated before, the mode was only intended just for trying out and testing ships, not necessarily as a way to play the entire game.

I will say I think it is harder to play a DD in co-op, because the AI is programmed to focus on DDs.  And you can't really sneak up on the bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
445 posts
2,076 battles
Just now, kerensky914 said:

I will say I think it is harder to play a DD in co-op, because the AI is programmed to focus on DDs.  And you can't really sneak up on the bots.

In my experience, the moment I get spotted as a DD in random I have every single person with a line of sight to me drop whatever they're doing and fire everything at me. In co-op, the bots don't aim very well at all, so the shots are easy to dodge, not to mention they're terrible at dodging torpedoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles
3 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Does not need to be fixed.  This is quite intentional on WG's part.  The devs have come right out and said they only intended co-op to be a traiing mode and were genuinely surprised when they saw how many people play co-op.

be carefull.... the CO-OP UNITED PEOPLE FRONT!!! will come and troll you!!! lol
There are people with well over 5K battles in coop... and to make it even funnier they come into regular threads and give advice based on COOP games that we PVP'rs have in real games... now THATS GOLD!!!

OnuE603.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,377
[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

Rewards are scaled to the difficulty. If you want better rewards against bots, play operations as they are more challenging. This is coming from someone who has played a lot of coop battles but I do enjoy PVP when I'm able to do so.

Edited by RipNuN2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles
5 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

In my experience, the moment I get spotted as a DD in random I have every single person with a line of sight to me drop whatever they're doing and fire everything at me. In co-op, the bots don't aim very well at all, so the shots are easy to dodge, not to mention they're terrible at dodging torpedoes.

You must get different bots than I do.  Yes, randoms will focus a DD on sight - I know I do.  But with the bots as soon as you are spotted they *all* head for you.  And they're pretty good at dodging torps, the computer knows when you launch them after all. ;) 

5 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

be carefull.... the CO-OP UNITED PEOPLE FRONT!!! will come and troll you!!! lol
There are people with well over 5K battles in coop... and to make it even funnier they come into regular threads and give advice based on COOP games that we PVP'rs have in real games... now THATS GOLD!!!

Yeah, I know, but I'm not the one that said it.  The truth hurts sometimes. ;)  Trust me, before I came here I was a staunch PvE-only player in every other game I'd played.  I understand why those guys feel the way they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,484 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Rewards are scaled to the difficulty. If you want better rewards against bots, play operations as they are more challenging. This is coming from someone who has played a lot of coop battles but I do enjoy PVP when I'm able to do so.

I agree, operations are worth doing and the rewards seem better than vanilla PvE (tho still not close to PvP)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,377
[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

I agree, operations are worth doing and the rewards seem better than vanilla PvE (tho still not close to PvP)

 

I get many runs that are as good as PVP. I had one run at almost 2k base xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles
Just now, kerensky914 said:

You must get different bots than I do.  Yes, randoms will focus a DD on sight - I know I do.  But with the bots as soon as you are spotted they *all* head for you.  And they're pretty good at dodging torps, the computer knows when you launch them after all. ;) 

Yeah, I know, but I'm not the one that said it.  The truth hurts sometimes. ;)  Trust me, before I came here I was a staunch PvE-only player in every other game I'd played.  I understand why those guys feel the way they do.

there is one in particular I have not seen in a long time , I wonder if he is still here...
AND the MAROON-MORON is my favorite... the RAGE QUITTING COOP demon!

 

That fof course is not his real name due to the name and shame rule, I left his real name out...
but his rage quit  posts was one of the best I have ever seen....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,264 battles
9 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

be carefull.... the CO-OP UNITED PEOPLE FRONT!!! will come and troll you!!! lol
There are people with well over 5K battles in coop... and to make it even funnier they come into regular threads and give advice based on COOP games that we PVP'rs have in real games... now THATS GOLD!!!

OnuE603.gif

Why are so intent on crapping on every thread you post in? Who cares if he plays pve, I do too...sometimes the chat in pvp gets to you....it's really none of your business is it?

Honestly, there was a way to block posts, you would be on the top of my list.

And yes, you came into one of my threads and capped all over it, like you're doing now.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles
14 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

Why are so intent on crapping on every thread you post in? Who cares if he plays pve, I do too...sometimes the chat in pvp gets to you....it's really none of your business is it?

Honestly, there was a way to block posts, you would be on the top of my list.

And yes, you came into one of my threads and capped all over it, like you're doing now.

J4wpnyr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles
6 hours ago, knice_destroyer said:

Moderated by Mezurashi.

but I never ONCE called anyone a prick...
Well done kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,036
Members
3,764 posts
13,992 battles
33 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

I will say I think it is harder to play a DD in co-op, because the AI is programmed to focus on DDs.  And you can't really sneak up on the bots.

That and the bots always know where you are, no matter what you're driving and are very accurate shooters.

However, Random is a lot riskier and a greater challenge so if one wants the greater rewards, take on the greater challenge. My 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,637
[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles
16 minutes ago, toosonmike said:

Why are so intent on crapping on every thread you post in? Who cares if he plays pve, I do too...sometimes the chat in pvp gets to you....it's really none of your business is it?

Honestly, there was a way to block posts, you would be on the top of my list.

And yes, you came into one of my threads and capped all over it, like you're doing now.

Insults me for having fun and I NEVER ONCE INSULTED ANYONE!!!   you and that other guy are also PURE GOLD.... wake up kid.... its FUNNY STUFF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,454
[O_O]
Members
4,398 posts
9,515 battles

I get why people play Co-op and I don't think any less of them for it.

However, Co-op is a much different animal than PvP, and IMO shouldn't have the same level of reward.  Playing against players takes a lot more caution, thought, planning, coordination, etc.  Of course there are frequent s4!7-show games, but the rule still stands.

I have had dozens and dozens of Random games that have left my heart pounding, palms sweaty, and whooping out loud.  Not even once in a Co-op game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,692
Members
18,179 posts
5,192 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

 Playing against players takes a lot more caution, thought, planning, coordination, etc.  

 

I disagree to an extent. IMO, it's not that PvP takes more of those things you mention, (except maybe the thought) it's that it's unpredictable. In PvE, you know your enemy's ROE, and that he won't deviate, and your team has no ROE.

 

PvP, neither team knows what the other will do. You can figure out what players will usually do, and play accordingly. But it might not work. Or maybe you'll luck out and you weren't where the enemy expected, and it works brilliantly.

 

That's why I play this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[PT8TO]
Members
277 posts
11,700 battles
8 hours ago, toosonmike said:

Why are so intent on crapping on every thread you post in? Who cares if he plays pve, I do too...sometimes the chat in pvp gets to you....it's really none of your business is it?

Honestly, there was a way to block posts, you would be on the top of my list.

And yes, you came into one of my threads and capped all over it, like you're doing now.

LiveLeak-dot-com-a9c_1507550721-image_1507550732.gif.56d73dedfa587e34c62df91da4e55444.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,237
[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
9 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

Does not need to be fixed.  This is quite intentional on WG's part.  The devs have come right out and said they only intended co-op to be a training mode and were genuinely surprised when they saw how many people play co-op.

The fact that Wargaming was surprised that people like PvE shows an immaturity of gaming that is beyond the pale. PvE has always been a popular gaming mode in any game where it is available and the idea that they weren't aware of this is either out of stupidity or deception.

With that said, I agree with you that rewards in Coop are just fine the way they are. If the OP wants more xp/credits, go into OPs or PvP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×