You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrandonKF

Double (No, TRIPLE!) Detonation...

52 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,565 posts
8,979 battles

Detonations happen but overall they are not very common. I am more interested in if your division mate has a replay of that as he claims he had the detonation flag.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,188 posts
12,684 battles
20 minutes ago, BrandonKF said:

doubledet.png

If you have a replay of you detonating with a 100% flag on, please upload it and post it on the forum. People keep claiming that it happens, but it shouldn't be able to, and nobody has ever been able to provide a replay of it happening.  Any proof that it happens will help fix that bug, if it exists.

• Cool 2

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

If you have a replay of you detonating with a 100% flag on, please upload it and post it on the forum. People keep claiming that it happens, but it shouldn't be able to, and nobody has ever been able to provide a replay of it happening.  Any proof that it happens will help fix that bug, if it exists.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles

well I have over 8K battles and my Det % is 1.1677428218162%

funny..... my profile to the left says over 8.... my WOWS profile and WST says 7200....hmmmm

so if my actual number is 8515 like it says to the left than its 0.99823840281856% 

whatever the number, I have not seen anyone more than, 1,6% so far... my DEVASTATING strike death % is much much higher... so THAT needs to be removed from the game  :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by pmgaudio

Members
594 posts
4,414 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Don't know if he has it for a replay. Will need to get one myself. I didn't have a flag equipped. But I was startled at how it all shook out.

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles
12 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

well I have over 8K battles and my Det % is 1.1677428218162%02

funny..... my profile to the left says over 8.... my WOWS profile and WST says 7200....hmmmm

I think the profile counts all kinds of battles, including co-op. It's also higher for me.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,565 posts
8,979 battles
13 minutes ago, BrandonKF said:

Don't know if he has it for a replay. Will need to get one myself. I didn't have a flag equipped. But I was startled at how it all shook out.

It might be enough to see if he really had the flag up. He might have thought he mounted it but didn't. I have gone into battle many times with no camo because I forgot to click mount.

[ZR]
Members
377 posts
9,294 battles

Saw this happen in ranked last season. 

All of them happened on my team so I quit after that. Simply wasn't going to put myself through that again. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,565 posts
8,979 battles
21 minutes ago, Swagger897 said:

Saw this happen in ranked last season. 

All of them happened on my team so I quit after that. Simply wasn't going to put myself through that again. 

Why would anyone take anything besides a BB into Ranked without the Det flag even if they are running the 70% upgrade which is fine for simple Randoms and Co-op?

[ZR]
Members
377 posts
9,294 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Why would anyone take anything besides a BB into Ranked without the Det flag even if they are running the 70% upgrade which is fine for simple Randoms and Co-op?

It was before I got to the rank 5 bracket. I never run det flags till then but when i saw that happen I just said no.

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,643 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I know this is incredible -- you might be skeptical and perhaps think it impossible -- but sometimes people run out of detonation flags. Yep, it's a documented fact.

The issue isn't people taking/not taking det flags into Ranked. It is that detonations are possible in Ranked. That's just crapstupid. But WG won't remove dets from Ranked or Clan battles. Apparently they are so desperate to keep games short...

...and before you tell me how hard it would be to remove dets from Ranked and CW, let me remind you that WG has already removed dets from CVs. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,565 posts
8,979 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

I know this is incredible -- you might be skeptical and perhaps think it impossible -- but sometimes people run out of detonation flags. Yep, it's a documented fact.

The issue isn't people taking/not taking det flags into Ranked. It is that detonations are possible in Ranked. That's just crapstupid. But WG won't remove dets from Ranked or Clan battles. Apparently they are so desperate to keep games short...

...and before you tell me how hard it would be to remove dets from Ranked and CW, let me remind you that WG has already removed dets from CVs. 

While it would be possible if you save them for competitive play it should be much less likely to happen. They should be available in the premium shop though even if they are only good in competition.

Members
594 posts
4,414 battles

Happened again last night in tier IV Phoenix. Didn't have the Det flag on. One Salvo from a New York.

I think I'll just keep a recording of all the times I detonate for posterity and lulz.

[-K-]
Members
1,082 posts
7,273 battles

I've been seen a lot more detonations lately.  I've had 5 in the past two weeks, after only having 23 in the previous 4000+ games.  It's starting to feel to me like they upped the det chance in a recent patch.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
11 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I've been seen a lot more detonations lately.  I've had 5 in the past two weeks, after only having 23 in the previous 4000+ games.  It's starting to feel to me like they upped the det chance in a recent patch.

They didn't.  It's just that human brains love seeing patterns where none exist.  RNG is RNG.

• Cool 3

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
12 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

They didn't.  It's just that human brains love seeing patterns where none exist.  RNG is RNG.

Especially negative trends, we are wired for noticing "threatening" or adverse conditions.

[-K-]
Members
1,082 posts
7,273 battles
42 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I very much respect your knowledge of the game and don't make a practice of doubting the information you share, but I'm wondering if you can clarify your statement.  Having an extensive history in software development/testing, I'm wired to suspect inadvertent bugs/problems with new releases of software.  Are you confident, based on knowledge of recent code/configuration changes, that they did not change the det chance?  Or is your confidence based on a lack of acknowledged/publicized det chance change?  Is it possible there was a change that was unintentional (bug/mistake)?

I'm happy to chalk up my observations to RNG, but it seems too widespread lately (both to me, to others in my games, and others' comments on the forums) to be easily chalked to coincidence unless we hear someone with some inside knowledge confirm that no changes have been made.

Members
1,106 posts
5,690 battles
1 hour ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I had 2 yesterday. 1 in the Bismark. 1 in a Sims with the 70% det module.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles
12 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I very much respect your knowledge of the game and don't make a practice of doubting the information you share, but I'm wondering if you can clarify your statement.  Having an extensive history in software development/testing, I'm wired to suspect inadvertent bugs/problems with new releases of software.  Are you confident, based on knowledge of recent code/configuration changes, that they did not change the det chance?  Or is your confidence based on a lack of acknowledged/publicized det chance change?  Is it possible there was a change that was unintentional (bug/mistake)?

I'm happy to chalk up my observations to RNG, but it seems too widespread lately (both to me, to others in my games, and others' comments on the forums) to be easily chalked to coincidence unless we hear someone with some inside knowledge confirm that no changes have been made.

The proof is in the pudding.  One or two random players going "oh, I think the detonation chance changed!" every so often doesn't indicate a change in detonation chance.  Given the population at large and the number of players present, if the number was significantly changed, we'd see a whole flood of reports regarding it.

As it stands, the detonation chance is between 0% and 10% per hit received to the magazines (0% if Juliet Charlie is used, 0.3% to 3% if Magazine Mod 1 is used instead, 1% base scaling up to a maximum of 10% without).  Most players are unaware of these base numbers.  Almost without fail in a detonation thread, someone makes the claim that it's "happening more often recently".  Lemme dig up some examples:

This gives us a baseline bit of expected background "noise" that tells us nothing out of the ordinary is occurring.  If said frequency increased dramatically, then it would be time to examine for bugs.

• Cool 2

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
On 10/9/2017 at 9:12 PM, Taichunger said:

On 10/9/2017 at 6:26 PM, Lert said:

Perhaps he was running the fire % increase flags that increase det chance? 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
On 10/9/2017 at 6:05 PM, BrandonKF said:

Well, that's one for the infamy books...

doubledet.png

I only see 2 detonations. Where is that third one?