You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bismarck26

Bring back the old Bismarck

43 comments in this topic

[Y_OLO]
[Y_OLO]
Beta Testers
57 posts
3,527 battles

Bismarck was nerfd real bad.  Used to be a time that you entered the ring of death you could take on 2 or 3 ships at once now you cant.  I have a legendary captain with secondary gun build an enemy dd came to within 3km of me without using smoke and for almost 5 minutes i just kept avoiding his torps. my main guns finally sunk him.  Like wth how do people not think Bismarck was not nerfd?  used to get 2 or 300 secondary hits per game now lucky if you get 30.  

This vid is proof that a year ago Bismarck was a lethal ship now can even sink a dd at point blank.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,063 posts
6,753 battles
2 minutes ago, Bismarck26 said:

Bismarck was nerfd real bad.  Used to be a time that you entered the ring of death you could take on 2 or 3 ships at once now you cant.  I have a legendary captain with secondary gun build an enemy dd came to within 3km of me without using smoke and for almost 5 minutes i just kept avoiding his torps. my main guns finally sunk him.  Like wth how do people not think Bismarck was not nerfd?  used to get 2 or 300 secondary hits per game now lucky if you get 30.  

This vid is proof that a year ago Bismarck was a lethal ship now can even sink a dd at point blank.

lLitYwF.gif

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles

It was nerfed because it was OP.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
6 minutes ago, Bismarck26 said:

Bismarck was nerfd real bad.  Used to be a time that you entered the ring of death you could take on 2 or 3 ships at once now you cant.  I have a legendary captain with secondary gun build an enemy dd came to within 3km of me without using smoke and for almost 5 minutes i just kept avoiding his torps. my main guns finally sunk him.  Like wth how do people not think Bismarck was not nerfd?  used to get 2 or 300 secondary hits per game now lucky if you get 30. This vid is proof that a year ago Bismarck was a lethal ship now can even sink a dd at point blank.

Confirmation bias. There has been nothing but a damage nerf, and a range buff to her secondaries.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles
Just now, Doomlock said:

Confirmation bias. There has been nothing but a damage nerf, and a range buff to her secondaries.

Wasn't the hydro nerfed a while back?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
8 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Wasn't the hydro nerfed a while back?

Yes. However the OP was specifically referring to the secondaries in the post.

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles

Yes, capital idea. And while they're at it, why not make Bismarck drive itself and aim and fire the main batteries automatically too to go with the magic secondaries? Then OP can just sit back and pick his nose and watch the kills rack up!

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles
6 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Yes. However the OP was specifically referring to the secondaries in the post.

Ah, cause the hydro was what made it slightly OP. The secondaries have had some work, but I think the net result was a buff.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles

My problem with the Bismarck was that every time I took her out it seemed the whole red fleet came at me! Haven't noticed what seems to be a nerf per se though. Haven't probably played her enough though.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles
23 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

It wasn't even a damage nerf. Secondary alpha was largely unchanged. The thing all the BB mains cried foul over was the fire chance.

And it wasn't even a nerf. It was being normalized to match the exact same guns found on other ships. They cried so hard about it that WG extended the secondary range so they'd stop whining.

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

... fire starter: 

What should the max secondary range be on Bismarck/Tirpitz, FDG and GK? 

Imo, I think it should be like 9 for Bismarck, and 10.6 for GK and FDG

Members
1,458 posts
12,318 battles

Have to agree, secondaries are not as damaging as in the past (also fire starting). Averaging approximately 50 to 100 damage per shell hit ribbon... (also includes GK).  

Edited by Panzer1113

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, Panzer1113 said:

Have to agree, secondaries are not as damaging as in the past (also fire starting). Averaging approximately 50 to 100 damage per shell hit ribbon... (also includes GK).  

GK's secondaries were not even touched in the patch that adjusted Bismarck. That's all the proof we need to know you're full of little red spiders.

• Cool 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,933 posts
7,508 battles

One bad round, instantly screams that their pixel bote has been wrecked beyond all recognition, and while doing so makes a fool out of themselves, because they clearly have zero idea what they're talking about.

Ah yes, typical, idiotic day on the forums.

Members
1,458 posts
12,318 battles
18 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

GK's secondaries were not even touched in the patch that adjusted Bismarck. That's all the proof we need to know you're full of little red spiders.

I like spiders......

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

Do you have manual secondaries and did you target that DD with your secondaries?

4 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

One bad round, instantly screams that their pixel bote has been wrecked beyond all recognition, and while doing so makes a fool out of themselves, because they clearly have zero idea what they're talking about.

Ah yes, typical, idiotic day on the forums.

This, that DD won the lottery for awhile.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,933 posts
7,508 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Do you have manual secondaries and did you target that DD with your secondaries?

This, that DD won the lottery for awhile.

Thank you, good sir! Also, it must have been me driving it, I've only been hit once that I'm aware of by BB secondaries.(I tend to stay in contact range and hide, because IJN DD.)

That one time detonated me. :Smile_hiding:

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
9,055 battles

The only thing I miss about old Bis was her distinct Secondary Range advantage over the Tirpitz.  After they were brought to parity, I stopped playing as much because 'I may as well credit grind' became first thought when I picked her.  Shame really, she only has the better (heh, so useful in CV-less meta) AA guns and Sonar.

As for the old Bis secondary difference?  DD's deserved the break.  Still Hella Fun against all targets but they aren't the DD-cleansers they were and that's just fine with me. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

As I recall the update notes, there was an error in the amount of damage dealt by the Bismarck's seconderies...  like a decimal place error???  

Before this fix, the secondaries did more damage than the main guns.