You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gonowgetdown

Hindenberg OP?

46 comments in this topic

[PRSR-]
Members
177 posts
6,251 battles

To start, my primary ship is a Montana. I primarily play battleships. Back in the day, prior to several buffs (Montana buff, Hindenberg HE buff), my primary concern was Zao HE and Yamato AP. Today, neither of those two threats seem all that big a deal anymore. You keep your distance from a Yamato or get very close to it and you're good. Zao's have a rather timely reload and if you aim right you can get them off your tail (they only have so much health, even with that troll armor). 

Then there came the Hindenberg HE buff. Next thing I know, its my #1 threat as a Montana. I don't know what the fire % is, but it seems high enough. I get lit up by Hindenberg's regularly. Not to mention, the HE alpha is great and they have twelve guns. This is not even discussing their armor / torpedoes / battleship like AP. Overall, it seems too perfect a threat, at least to my battleships. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by gonowgetdown

Members
3,725 posts
14,997 battles

I think the Hindenburg is very strong right now, you can fight almost anything in this ship. There is one thing that denies the "overpowered" title to go to Hindenburg though, that thing is called Des Memes.

• Cool 1

[PRSR-]
Members
177 posts
6,251 battles
9 minutes ago, Drago_Ryder said:

And here we go again.

Ps: Hindenburg has worst HE out of all the cruisers.

There is a question mark. Which indicates a question. Which invites a response and discussion. 

As for your part about the HE, does it? Doesn't it have better HE pen?

[PRSR-]
Members
177 posts
6,251 battles
8 minutes ago, m373x said:

I think the Hindenburg is very strong right now, you can fight almost anything in this ship. There is one thing that denies the "overpowered" title to go to Hindenburg though, that thing is called Des Memes.

Re: DM, I can't agree.

The DM's shell arcs severely nerf its capabilities at range, which is where the Hindenberg relaxes and regularly lights me on fire. 

Members
3,725 posts
14,997 battles
1 minute ago, gonowgetdown said:

Re: DM, I can't agree.

The DM's shell arcs severely nerf its capabilities at range, which is where the Hindenberg relaxes and regularly lights me on fire. 

A ship is not OP just because you get set on fire, jesus [edited]christ. I'm out.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,191 battles
3 minutes ago, gonowgetdown said:

There is a question mark. Which indicates a question. Which invites a response and discussion. 

As for your part about the HE, does it? Doesn't it have better HE pen?

/4 HE pen instead of the standard /6 HE pen for other ships. Despite this, the HE has the lowest alpha damage of all the TX cruisers

[PRSR-]
Members
177 posts
6,251 battles
Just now, m373x said:

A ship is not OP just because you get set on fire, jesus [edited]christ. I'm out.

Its not OP because it sets me on fire. There's just not much you can do in return. An angled Hindenburg at 17km setting you on fire regularly and doing good alpha damage. Not to mention, the ship has good AP, torpedoes, etc. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,073 posts
6,781 battles
30 minutes ago, gonowgetdown said:

To start, my primary ship is a Montana. I primarily play battleships. Back in the day, prior to several buffs (Montana buff, Hindenberg HE buff), my primary concern was Zao HE and Yamato AP. Today, neither of those two threats seem all that big a deal anymore. You keep your distance from a Yamato or get very close to it and you're good. Zao's have a rather timely reload and if you aim right you can get them off your tail (they only have so much health, even with that troll armor). 

Then there came the Hindenberg HE buff. Next thing I know, its my #1 threat as a Montana. I don't know what the fire % is, but it seems high enough. I get lit up by Hindenberg's regularly. Not to mention, the HE alpha is great and they have twelve guns. This is not even discussing their armor / torpedoes / battleship like AP. Overall, it seems too perfect a threat, at least to my battleships. 

What do you guys think?

CcvB6KX.gif

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,567 battles

Hindi was a good ship before the HE buff, when it's very high alpha AP rounds would murder folks.  Back then it was most common to push for the near 8 second reload on the guns, and AP spam anything that gave you broadside.  After the HE buff, it seems that most simply fit for 20km range and casually rain HE while staying at a range that makes them extremely hard for any ship to counter.

[AFW]
Members
82 posts
22,750 battles

Nerf nerf nerf every ship. then you have nothing fun to play.

Sick of your people.

If you think one ship is OP, why not you get one.

• Cool 2

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,729 posts
7,712 battles

It cant possibly be OP, its not a USN ship. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,806 posts
9,864 battles

I find that ppl who whine so that the ship they played in can be good again. eg Montana, how about please nert Montana's AP value so that it is balance with the Yamato and the Zao ??? since they are no longer a threat, meaning that they been NERF out of balance. Montana AP straight are so deadly to any cruiser "sarcasm" so please nerf their damage down to a minimum of -500

Hindy's HE is lowest to create fire. Next thing everyone know, please NERF the Moskva fire too, or NERF the Bristish BB HE too since whiners on the roll now

Members
3,794 posts
14,076 battles

Montanas do too much damage to my Hindenberg! Nerf Montanas!  :Smile_playing:

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Cool 2

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
290 posts

59 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Hindenburg is fine.  So is Des Moines.

BTW so is the Montana but that's another topic. I have all three and find them each balanced in their own way. Hindi is a good all-rounder but doesn't have radar and can still be punished pretty hard by BBs (I've been on both sides of that one). That said, it does have a fighting chance against any ship in the game. For example, the flatter gun arcs are more useful than Des Moines' against russian dds like the Khab. It has torps but, at 6 km, they are outranged by most other high tier torp ships, including the Minotaur, which also has smoke and can be just as (if not more) annoying. Also, the Hindi's guns still aren't quite as good as the Moskva's, and the Moskva also has some substantial armor. While the Hindi is a good overall package, I can't think of any specific area where it comes in first.

As for the Des Moines vs. Hindenburg; I find myself enjoying them equally and switching between them because of their differences... seems balanced to me!

Edited by Chief_Runamuck

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,128 posts
14,535 battles

Hindenburg isn't OP at all.

Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg, Henri IV all do the same thing to BBs.  Pelt them at range, reliably.  Hindenburg's HE shell damage is the weakest of these but is made up for by faster possible reloads of 8.8 seconds with MBM3.  Otherwise the others shoot a bit slower but hit you harder per shell and significantly higher Fire Chance.  Zao and Henri IV have 20%+ Fire Chance, which is very high, as well as having the capability to connect against a BB at long range.  Some can even hit Cruiser targets at very long range with any of these 4 CAs.

Now, where Hindenburg really shines is being able to do a variety of tasks.  She has great torpedo launch arcs, unlike Zao.  She has torps, unlike DM & Moskva.  She has A LOT of torpedoes, unlike Henri IV.  She can play at range, unlike DM and Minotaur.  She has great AA, unlike Zao.  Her protection is decent, unlike DM & Minotaur.  Her turret traverse is good, unlike Zao.  The only thing she cannot do is bring Radar to the game like Moskva & DM do, especially if those 2 decide to go the Radar+Hydro route.

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,609 battles
1 hour ago, Drago_Ryder said:

And here we go again.

You can't really just look at 1 HE shell alpha and says the ship has bad HE.

In reality, combined with fast ROF, the ship has better fire per minute than Zao. In addition, the HE pen is the best which lets Hindenburg HE penetrates 50mm armor. 

Honestly, all things considered Hindenburg has probably the best HE among T10 cruisers.

• Cool 1

[OPG]
Members
3,973 posts
5,678 battles
1 hour ago, Drago_Ryder said:

Yes and no.

The Hindenburg may have the weakest HE alpha and lowest fire chance, but once we factor in the number of guns and reload it is actually one of the better HE spammers in the game.  If it's running the reload mod, it actually has the 2nd highest DPM and 2nd highest fire starting rate of all the Tier 10 cruisers, only trailing behind the Des Moines in both categories, and that is before we even factor in its superior penetration.  

So yes, the Hindenburg does have the worst HE of all the tier 10 cruisers, but no, that does not mean it is the worst HE spammer.    

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,774 battles

\

2 hours ago, gonowgetdown said:

What do you guys think?

T10 cruisers - it's the only tier where cruisers are feared by battleships - As far as Hindenburg shes a strong performer - a jack of all trades - and she can tank pretty good - glad to hear your complaint I'll take it as a compliment - thanks M8

(cruisers a dying breed)

Edited by chopshop64