You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AirshipCanon

BASELINE that "X" Mod

25 comments in this topic

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

Don't ban it.

Does it provide an advantage? Yes.
Would it hurt the game if it proliferated? [edited] NO. It might hurt Smoke Campers, but smoke campers... yeah, they deserve that.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

No it's a cheat

It's no cheat- it only provides info of where your own shells will land on the minimap.

It provides a mild unharmful advantage to the user for specific scenarioes, and should be a BASELINE [included in interface] option.

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

No it's a cheat

- remember his last spotted distance

- see the shells come out of the smoke (optional)

- having last known position enabled

- pop spotter plane (optional)

- aim at him using those 2 information

Profit?

[MKF]
Members
410 posts
15,088 battles
2 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

It's no cheat- it only provides info of where your own shells will land on the minimap.

It provides a mild unharmful advantage to the user for specific scenarioes, and should be a BASELINE [included in interface] option.

So dumb down the game further...? No thanks

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,469 battles
5 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

Don't ban it.

Does it provide an advantage? Yes.
Would it hurt the game if it proliferated? [edited] NO. It might hurt Smoke Campers, but smoke campers... yeah, they deserve that.

Aimbot hackers need to be perma banned too, they deserve it.

[SEP]
Members
3,723 posts
14,941 battles

Why would anyone shoot in smoke using this mod? So much easier to shoot based on where the shells are coming from. So much easier to shoot inside the smoke cloud that is clearly visible on your screen.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
1 minute ago, TTK_Aegis said:

That's a new one on me.... is this some kind of a mod that lets you use the mini map to aim shots? 

There's a mod that's got a lot of fire recently that adds... where your shells will land [approximately] onto the minimap. It's information that should be communicated.

But some idiots act like it's a cheat.

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,469 battles
1 minute ago, TTK_Aegis said:

That's a new one on me.... is this some kind of a mod that lets you use the mini map to aim shots? 

What?

Few bastards explain how do they do it in game openly in forum. 

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,610 battles
4 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Yeah, lets just take any semblance of skill out of the game, and keep dumbing it down. Hell, lets just put auto-aim with lead assist in it while we are at it.

Was already a mod at one point.  IIRC it told you how far you should lead shells and made a mark on the crosshair when you had the proper lead.  People said that wasn't a cheat either :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
2 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

There's a mod that's got a lot of fire recently that adds... where your shells will land [approximately] onto the minimap. It's information that should be communicated.

But some idiots act like it's a cheat.

So when someone smokes, you just kinda walk your fire onto their last known position icon using this mod? 

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

This is why WG will never have a pure vanilla client for the general population. It is free development for them.

Minimap Last Known Location

Minimap Auras

Smoke timer

Smoke Circles

have all been added to the vanilla game based on mods

I'm pretty confident something like monstros smart markers is going to be added eventually as it improves teamplay significantly.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
Just now, Dodgy_Cookies said:

. It is free development for them.

Minimap Auras

Smoke timer

Smoke Circles

These are exactly the same cases.  Information that is of the player and should be available with ease. This is something that should be baseline. 

4 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

Was already a mod at one point.  IIRC it told you how far you should lead shells and made a mark on the crosshair when you had the proper lead.  People said that wasn't a cheat either :cap_fainting:

That thing was an Alpha-era feature, and it was based entirely off the other player.

If you want to make note of a mod that is comparable: Navigator/Angle mod + Running lights.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
2 minutes ago, Dodgy_Cookies said:

This is why WG will never have a pure vanilla client for the general population. It is free development for them.

Minimap Auras

Smoke timer

Smoke Circles

I'm pretty confident something like monstros smart markers is going to be added eventually as it improves teamplay significantly.

Basically yeah. World of Warcraft is the same way. Once a year or two they round up a few of the best mods everyone uses and puts them into the basic UI. Of course the community mods tend to be better than the Blizzard versions, but still it's very much free R&D for the company allowing the public to mod their UI. 

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
10 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

Yeah, it surfaced in WoT, I was being facetious. All these posts trying to defend "grey" or absolute cheats just gives you an idea what most folks will do to win - and still consider themselves skillful and talented. lol.

[DAKI]
Members
626 posts
6,382 battles

lol people making a big deal out of a useless mod that tells you where your guns are pointing.

is this that mod from the arslan's pack.

he checks with wg to see if they are valid all the time. case closed

Edited by awildpervert

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,469 battles
2 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Yeah, it surfaced in WoT, I was being facetious. All these posts trying to defend "grey" or absolute cheats just gives you an idea what most folks will do to win - and still consider themselves skillful and talented. lol.

and if you call a cheater a cheater, you are an idiot. Haha the brains in these people...

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
10 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

lol people making a big deal out of a useless mod that tells you where your guns are pointing.

is this that mod from the arslan's pack.

he checks with wg to see if they are valid all the time. case closed

I am guessing you weren't around for, or are conveniently forgetting when his mods got crossways with WoT Devs. Yes he rectified it, and always works hard to not use strictly illegal mods as defined by devs - but saying Aslain's is the final arbiter on mod disposition as your "case closed" argument doesn't hold much credibility.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles

I wonder what the players of this game would do if WoW just banned ALL MODS PERIOD.

• Cool 1

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
430 posts
6,140 battles
9 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I wonder what the players of this game would do if WoW just banned ALL MODS PERIOD.

I would prefer it.  No reason for any more MODs.  Smoke timer was the last one they needed.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,830 posts
1,327 battles
55 minutes ago, m373x said:

Why would anyone shoot in smoke using this mod? So much easier to shoot based on where the shells are coming from. So much easier to shoot inside the smoke cloud that is clearly visible on your screen.

Yeah, I've seen the X, but never thought about using it to shoot...seems the long way around to me.