Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SirStFrancisDrake

MM Broken

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
8 posts
5,627 battles

Been taking notes.

Playing Kiev

First Ten games: lvl X - 6 games, lvl IX - 2 games and lvl VIII - 2 games

Next ten games: lvl X - 5 games, lvl IX - 3 games, lvl VII - 2 games

Next lot, first 4 games lvl X, at which point I decided to stop playing.

Can MM not try to make it just a little bit balanced?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
301
[CK5]
Members
806 posts
6,578 battles

This is a very old story.  The population of T10s is not that large so matches are often filled out with T9s, as you would expect, but also frequently T8s.  If you want to play T8 ships, then expect to be up-tiered early and often.      

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,789
Members
9,976 posts
8 minutes ago, SirStFrancisDrake said:

Been taking notes.

Playing Kiev

First Ten games: lvl X - 6 games, lvl IX - 2 games and lvl VIII - 2 games

Next ten games: lvl X - 5 games, lvl IX - 3 games, lvl VII - 2 games

Next lot, first 4 games lvl X, at which point I decided to stop playing.

Can MM not try to make it just a little bit balanced?

 

 

It's WG's subtle hint that you should grind or pay your way to the top....where you can't be out tiered....:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

you are a DD you can easily operate in any tier because of your stealth and torpedos it is not as big of a deal for you the only classes in the game that fell being untiered are cruisers and CVs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,465
[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,663 battles
2 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

you are a DD you can easily operate in any tier because of your stealth and torpedos it is not as big of a deal for you the only classes in the game that fell being untiered are cruisers and CVs

Kiev's mostly a gunboat (although since being buffed to tier 8 she has usable torps now and can barely stealthtorp.) They do struggle a bit when uptiered, although Kiev still uptiers well in the hands of a good player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,270
[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

 

It's WG's subtle hint that you should grind or pay your way to the top....where you can't be out tiered....:Smile_teethhappy:

True fact though. That's the best part of being in a T10. Always the big fish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,224
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,665 posts
9,071 battles
8 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

This is a very old story.  The population of T10s is not that large so matches are often filled out with T9s, as you would expect, but also frequently T8s.  If you want to play T8 ships, then expect to be up-tiered early and often.      

It has always been like this and unlike tier 5 where the power difference between them and tier 7 is huge it is more equal. The biggest problem with getting into a tier 10 match in a tier 8 DD or cruiser is getting spotted and getting smacked into dust by a BB on the other side of the world. If you are spotted drive like you are three sheets to the wind drunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,106
[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,741 battles

Sir, you certainly aren't very lucky with the matchmaking today, but at least you aren't driving a Hipper.

Try to cope with the up tiered matchmaking, only in these games, you can truly have a chance to improve yourself.

Good luck and fair seas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,143 battles

Welcome to T8. The good news is most T8s can handle T10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
25 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

you are a DD you can easily operate in any tier because of your stealth and torpedos it is not as big of a deal for you the only classes in the game that fell being untiered are cruisers and CVs

Thats false.

 

Tier 5 dds vs radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[-BRS-]
Members
1,639 posts
13,617 battles

Yes I pushed every Nations Tech Tree all the way to 8 and then after that I really decide who I'm going to push past it because it is a struggle

 

And it's not always that you're in T10 match but just about every game there's at least one T10 something and that's always brutal also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,263
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
56 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Tier 5 dds vs radar.

This depends heavily on the DD; in a Fujin I wouldn't even sweat it while in a Nicholas; ROT ROW!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
629
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,457 posts
11,772 battles

Let's see...

Kiev, OP destoyer.... check.

Tier 10 battleships... check.

Can farm damage and great exp... check.

 

Complains.... check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[DAKI]
Members
629 posts
6,440 battles
6 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

Kiev's mostly a gunboat (although since being buffed to tier 8 she has usable torps now and can barely stealthtorp.) They do struggle a bit when uptiered, although Kiev still uptiers well in the hands of a good player. 

all my games today in the kiev were uptierd and i was forced to cap a lot since my dds either melted or just ran away, its a shame but ive come to accept it now. The kiev like you said still burns bbs down to the ground and eats dds at range.

6 hours ago, SirStFrancisDrake said:

Been taking notes.

Playing Kiev

First Ten games: lvl X - 6 games, lvl IX - 2 games and lvl VIII - 2 games

Next ten games: lvl X - 5 games, lvl IX - 3 games, lvl VII - 2 games

Next lot, first 4 games lvl X, at which point I decided to stop playing.

Can MM not try to make it just a little bit balanced?

 

tbh, i dont mind getting uptierd in this ship vs other ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
21 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Thats false.

 

Tier 5 dds vs radar.

a tier five DD can only face three ships with radar and two of them aren't really popular but yes you are right but i'm talking about the higher tiers where your torpedos out range most radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
13 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

a tier five DD can only face three ships with radar and two of them aren't really popular but yes you are right but i'm talking about the higher tiers where your torpedos out range most radar.

4km torps out range radar what????????????????????????please get ur info half correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 minute ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

4km torps out range radar what????????????????????????please get ur info half correct.

who have 4km torps at tier VIII-X plese tell me because as a whole DDs at those tiers have long range torpedoes there might be one or two but there in the minority and have good guns and speed to make up for that fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, skull_122_steel said:

who have 4km torps at tier VIII-X plese tell me because as a whole DDs at those tiers have long range torpedoes there might be one or two but there in the minority and have good guns and speed to make up for that fact. 

Reading this i lost the will to live on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×