You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Should have done it the easy way right from the start

19 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,176 posts
18,887 battles

pnSCIxa.jpg

I tried since Friday to get some of the 3 star missions done. If I choose the kill two DD with a DD the MM throw a wall of cruisers on me. Even if there were more then one DD I killed the first and got the last one always sniped in front of me when they just needed a last hit. Then I got two killed but the team was total potato and I got killed in the last moments of the game. Afterwards I tried the cruiser part with 10 citadels/12 defend ribbons. Ofc there were tons of DD and BB. And my team either steamroll the other so there was no chance of getting a defend ribbon or they stay away from any cap and I would die to find the ship that sit inside the cap. I got a few times 9 citadel hits but the last one don't wanted to happen. Sunday evening I gave up. Got the 2500 ribbons/3 mio credits/40k xp mission. Use the Missouri with XP/credit flags. Rinse and repeat. Was done with the last 8 stars within 3 hours.

• Cool 3

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

pnSCIxa.jpg

I tried since Friday to get some of the 3 star missions done. If I choose the kill two DD with a DD the MM throw a wall of cruisers on me. Even if there were more then one DD I killed the first and got the last one always sniped in front of me when they just needed a last hit. Then I got two killed but the team was total potato and I got killed in the last moments of the game. Afterwards I tried the cruiser part with 10 citadels/12 defend ribbons. Ofc there were tons of DD and BB. And my team either steamroll the other so there was no chance of getting a defend ribbon or they stay away from any cap and I would die to find the ship that sit inside the cap. I got a few times 9 citadel hits but the last one don't wanted to happen. Sunday evening I gave up. Got the 2500 ribbons/3 mio credits/40k xp mission. Use the Missouri with XP/credit flags. Rinse and repeat. Was done with the last 8 stars within 3 hours.

This stuff happens far too often to be mere coincidence.

Congrats!

Edited by Wulfgarn

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,093 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

pnSCIxa.jpg

Congrats on success! I am limited to fewer options since I have no T9 or T10 CA or BB. Still, I will get there, soon...

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Congratulations OP. I've got a ways to go myself.

[SEP]
Members
3,723 posts
14,941 battles

The tasks in this mission give really nice rewards, be sure to finish them.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,242 battles
33 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Congrats on success! I am limited to fewer options since I have no T9 or T10 CA or BB. Still, I will get there, soon...

You can do it Khafni!

Me? I'll likely be stuck grinding the 1-2 star tasks because i have no faith in my ability to do the WoT Daily Missions tasks that make up most of the rest.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,093 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

You can do it Khafni!

Me? I'll likely be stuck grinding the 1-2 star tasks because i have no faith in my ability to do the WoT Daily Missions tasks that make up most of the rest.

That is exactly what I am doing - grinding the one and two star missions because I don't have the ship tier and class needed for the others.

Everyone who is interested will be able to succeed in this mission. It is permanent and can be accomplished with one T8 ship.

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

Congrats! Well done!

I am slowly grinding it so it will take time for me. No hurry anyway as the mission does not end anytime soon (if at all).

i have seen only one in battle with it so far. Realized this when I saw a BB shooting colored tracers at me. We will start seeing more soon now that the last step opened.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,445 posts
8,092 battles

Yeah, running behind on it, kitted a stock Iowa for AA to try and down 30 planes, so naturally, haven't seen a CV. Every other match though, there is one hen not in the ship. I can get some of the higher difficulty stuff given some of the reward here, like survive 2.5 million incoming damage and live in a BB, as limiting as it is, even dreadnought in a cruiser, I can get, 20 aerial torp hits in a battle (given tier and if your not abusing manual drops, can be a challenge) and the ones like 7 dev strikes, cap 40 points, etc that, in theory anyway, are easy, just can require serious grinding. My issue with some of the Wargaming stuff in this and I believe the revolution missions, least that first set, is when they start adding "and live", "and win", one a while back I think had both to certain missions, and not always for rewards worth the headache. 7 defended and survive in a BB - the 40 or 50 grind one was maybe 2-3 a battle average, a couple maybe that were around 7, in ships that actually have the RoF to basically farm the damn things, let alone survive. Some of these which, at least with Yamamoto you have easier options just to finish, albeit potentially frustrating in time taken, feel like you need to have the stars align on the 5th Tuesday of November in an election year.

I find myself yet again going back to WoT for "best mission ever" way back when they gave out the WZ-111 when you had to grind xp and kills in pretty hefty numbers. Even newer ones that are generally simple (just get a win, maybe 3 kills in the day, etc) but rather encourage daily play even if only a couple matches, are for some of these. These feel at times like the model that failed in WoT initially in their campaign release and failed spectacularly in WoWp (more so when the population was flat out decimated) that only super blue berries and grapes can get them, even if it's a tier 4-5 that any other time they'd basically go "here, it's Christmas, have this freebie". or even a forum contest for take an awesome screenshot. Okt is a tier 5 ship, yeah, okay, 30k damage is basically chump change damage, took 20-30 matches to beat the first part just because either I got destroyed or the team lost. second part took even longer cause again, teams not winning, even when I'm sinking 4 ships. The rest are easy and make sense, save maybe 1600 base xp in a match, but these 3 are kinda "what the hell" for a tier 5 ship. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I really think some of the missions and all this year have had some whack requirements for sometimes not really worth it rewards.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,581 posts
8,995 battles

Congratulations, I just finished the first stage but a two month layoff from the game slows you down.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,567 battles

The only time you would fulfill a mission's condition, is when you do not have that mission active.

Congratuations!

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
646 posts
13,741 battles

Erebthoron - Congrats!  +1

Unfortunately, I have a way to go as others have said but nice to know that there is no time frame to complete.  Much more relaxed about it.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,093 battles
31 minutes ago, TugboatCommander said:

And here I am still working on Science of Victory, well done OP!

Always more 'stuff' on the horizon. Maybe I should put Yamamato on the Shinonome when I earn him?

Members
904 posts
4,255 battles

I'm stuck on 2nd to last mission, because all 3 stars require either high tier BBs or almost impossible for me 2.5 mil potential damage and live condition. Breezed through the previous mission in few hours :(

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,581 posts
8,995 battles
13 minutes ago, Vaitmana said:

I'm stuck on 2nd to last mission, because all 3 stars require either high tier BBs or almost impossible for me 2.5 mil potential damage and live condition. Breezed through the previous mission in few hours :(

Just redo a couple of the easier 2 star missions. You are only stuck if you are a completist and want 100 percent.

Members
3,769 posts
13,992 battles

Grats! I'm presently on mission #4. I'm working the easy tasks, the credit and XP earning and BB damage. It's slow but I'm getting there. And it's not as frustrating as trying to do some the other tasks. I've noticed similar tasks in the 5th and last mission so I'll be doing that too.

I'm a comin' Admiral, I'm a coming'! :Smile_izmena: