You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seraphil

Double Double Strike

30 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,093 posts
7,667 battles

That's it, I don't think I can achieve anything more spectacular than this.  My Tirpitz solo, during a cyclone, vs. an Iowa, Kii, Atago and Maass.  I killed them all.  Torped Kii to my left, torp kill on Iowa to my right(who I had been shooting up earlier,) dodged the Kii's torpedoes except one, killed the Maass with secondaries and forward main guns, killed the Kii with rear main guns, and then rammed the Atago to finish.

FhZC4Oi.jpg

We lost.

• Cool 12

[INTEL]
Members
8,599 posts
25,771 battles

Too bad you lost... but that is epic, and why I loved Tirp so much. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,944 posts
7,492 battles
15 minutes ago, Seraphil said:

That's it, I don't think I can achieve anything more spectacular than this.  My Tirpitz solo, during a cyclone, vs. an Iowa, Kii, Atago and Maass.  I killed them all.  Torped Kii to my left, torp kill on Iowa to my right(who I had been shooting up earlier,) dodged the Kii's torpedoes except one, killed the Maass with secondaries and forward main guns, killed the Kii with rear main guns, and then rammed the Atago to finish.

FhZC4Oi.jpg

We lost.

But, but... you are supposed to carry harder right? :Smile_smile::Smile_teethhappy:

Excellent job sir! I wish I could do half as much in a Tirpitz vs bots. :Smile_izmena::Smile_honoring::Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
943 posts
5,985 battles

Yeah, they need to implement rewards for triple and quadruple strikes... Flamu got screwed out of a triple strike in one of his recent videos.

Do you have the replay? That should be showcased by Wargaming in their quick gameplay scenes they put at various points in their videos.

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,468 posts
10,488 battles

From what I am hearing, it's the Iowa that screwed up royally and managed to get everyone else killed.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,310 posts
9,134 battles

Awesome!

Would love to see the replay....

• Cool 1

[DESS]
Members
5 posts
8,597 battles

That was me in the Atago. Wouldn't have happened if the Iowa hadn't potatoed up the dance so hard. I'm still mad. He was in the way of me or the Kii every second of the last minute up to that point, and the only thing he accomplished was eating all your torpedoes, and turning into and blocking my only escape vector so I had  to turn in instead of away.

That said, Tirpitz guy, well done all the same. You took every mistake and problem the enemy had and made something awesome with it. Doesn't matter how the stars align, it still takes skill to make stuff like that happen.Good job.

• Cool 5

[PVE]
Members
9,944 posts
7,492 battles
9 minutes ago, NotSoSubtle said:

That was me in the Atago. Wouldn't have happened if the Iowa hadn't potatoed up the dance so hard. I'm still mad. He was in the way of me or the Kii every second of the last minute up to that point, and the only thing he accomplished was eating all your torpedoes, and turning into and blocking my only escape vector so I had  to turn in instead of away.

That said, Tirpitz guy, well done all the same. You took every mistake and problem the enemy had and made something awesome with it. Doesn't matter how the stars align, it still takes skill to make stuff like that happen.Good job.

Awesome respect to you and the Tirpitz. If either of you have the replay, that would be great to see.

• Cool 1

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,093 posts
7,667 battles
15 minutes ago, NotSoSubtle said:

I'm guessing the Iowa blocked you from launching torpedoes?  I don't think I saw any come from your direction, only from the Kii.

And thank you!

Edit: Sadly, no I do not have replays enabled.  I keep telling myself to go look up how to do it but I always forget about it.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,755 battles

Excellent circumstances: check.

Excellent plays: check.

Enemy logic: broken.

Teammate competency: 404 not found.

Another day of Wows: all systems nominal.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
9,944 posts
7,492 battles
23 minutes ago, Seraphil said:

Edit: Sadly, no I do not have replays enabled.  I keep telling myself to go look up how to do it but I always forget about it.

I didn't until I started having the occasional game hiccup. I also save, what are for me, awesome games. :Smile_child: :Smile_teethhappy:

WG did make a batch file to make enabling replays easy. Download the file, put it in the WoWs game folder and run it. The option will come up to enable replay and to set the computer to run replays with the right .exe file.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/517

[-BRS-]
Members
1,649 posts
13,668 battles

That's awesome way to go:cap_like:

I had that once in a destroyer which I soon died in with the double double strike it gave me a double flesh wound

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

"Off to a great start!" Well done OP! :Smile_medal:

[-ARP-]
Members
294 posts
14,030 battles

Your double double strike is a lot better than mine was. 

Played a venson and shot torps into smoke... and killed 4 ships doing that.

but hey welcome to the club!!!

[RQL]
[RQL]
Beta Testers
650 posts
13,844 battles

Excellent work - talk about the perfect storm......LOL

Too bad it was a loss but you did everything possible to get the win - well done.