You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

No More Free Pass For TK Status Removal In Co-op (Suggestion)

97 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles

As the title says it is time to remove the free pass to remove TK status by simply putting a ship, or ships, into Co-op matches and then going AFK to remove a game from your pink status. Not only does this screw over the people actually playing and trying to win but how does it serve as any kind of deterrent/punishment for those who TK by letting them remove it so easy?

I have no issue with people who go to Co-op to remove it and actually PLAY because they are too embarrassed to do it in Random. However, too many times people just put a ship in and leave it or drive it off somewhere to park it and then leave. Again, this screws those who actually are there to play and try and win.

To remove a game from the TK status the player should have to be there from start to finish and participate. I am sure it is possible for WG to track players who park and leave vs those who are active and engage the enemy. If they go afk, for any reason, no game is removed and if done multiple times start adding them.

Most everyone has gone pink at some point so this isn't any kind of bash on the pink guy thread. It is simply a suggestion that WG stop allowing TK'ers this free pass to remove the pink. Otherwise what is even the point of having it? 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[VOP]
Members
335 posts
6,832 battles

If  I remember correctly the pink ship does have to do a certain amount of damage in the game for it to count towards their pink games played. Otherwise the game does not come off of their tally and they are stuck doing it over. I am sure they will learn quickly that the count does not alter after being afk as they must contribute to the batttle... Lately though I have seen a lot of people loading in later and later to the game. I am sure that may be contributing to the afk issue.:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,416 posts
9,606 battles

Fun Fact #1:  Many pink players in Co-Op and most of my incidents got their pink status while IN CO-OP.   You want to make them play Random?  See the irony?

Fun Fact #2:  I play a lot of Co-Op..  I have no idea what parallel universe you transmorgified in from, but I don't see AFK pink players in Co-Op..  like ever?

Fun Fact #3:  If they go AFK, or even have a low scoring game, the TK number does not go down.

• Cool 6

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles
17 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Fun Fact #1:  Many pink players in Co-Op and most of my incidents got their pink status while IN CO-OP.   You want to make them play Random?  See the irony?

Fun Fact #2:  I play a lot of Co-Op..  I have no idea what parallel universe you transmorgified in from, but I don't see AFK pink players in Co-Op..  like ever?

Fun Fact #3:  If they go AFK, or even have a low scoring game, the TK number does not go down.

this..
And If I see a Pink player in random or co-op (which I rarely do anymore but ) and he is afk, I bump him a little...:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles
38 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Fun Response #1: Never said ONLY Random players go pink. Never said anything about "making" a pink player play any mode. No irony here at all?

Fun Response #2: I pretty much only play Co-op with T4-T10 ships. About 3600 games worth since 1st playing WOWS Dec 2016. I see it quite often, and within last couple days and it cost us the match, hence taking the time I have to make the post.

Fun Response #3: This seems contrary to what I see posted a lot from people who talk of "just go park your ship in Co-op for 5 games and TK vanishes". Seen it posted multiple times here and at Reddit. If in fact you are correct then that is a good thing. Those who I have "SEEN" show up and drive off to park and leave, or the guy who appears in back to back, or even b2b2b, games and is afk every time seems to indicate that people believe just showing up is enough. If it isn't great because it shouldn't be. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
41 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Doesn't hurt to counter a guys thread with some facts, but this is just outright wrong.

Even the few times I have played CooP, I have seen AFK players.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles
44 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

If  I remember correctly the pink ship does have to do a certain amount of damage in the game for it to count towards their pink games played. Otherwise the game does not come off of their tally and they are stuck doing it over. I am sure they will learn quickly that the count does not alter after being afk as they must contribute to the batttle... Lately though I have seen a lot of people loading in later and later to the game. I am sure that may be contributing to the afk issue.:Smile_honoring:

Yes, I know this is an issue. I am talking specifically about afk 100% or those who drive off to a corner or behind an island and then go afk. I also account for no fault afk by simply not taking a game off so no extra penalty. Only if it is multiple times in a row, which clearly indicates intent, then start adding games.

If in fact players are not allowed to just put a ship in to remove TK status already that is great because they shouldn't be able to. It has been my understanding based on reading the forums since I joined that is not the case. It is widely commented on in TK threads here and on Reddit how you can just throw 5 ships into Co-op games, while you go play one yourself,  and get it taken off. This is what I am referring to. If it is already addressed them great.

:Smile_playing:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles
1 minute ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Doesn't hurt to counter a guys thread with some facts, but this is just outright wrong.

Even the few times I have played CooP, I have seen AFK players.

TONS of pink players in Co-op. Extremely common. It is where most go to remove TK status regardless of where they earned it.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,416 posts
9,606 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

TONS of pink players in Co-op. Extremely common. It is where most go to remove TK status regardless of where they earned it.

Tons of AFK pink players....   Maybe once, but when they see it doesn't work...   and they lose credits...

I've seen lots of pink players.  I've seen a few AFK.  I don't recall seeing both conditions in the last 5-6 months.

And I've been AFK myself after the program boots me out (happening a lot more frequently these days).

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles
7 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Tons of AFK pink players....   Maybe once, but when they see it doesn't work...   and they lose credits...

I've seen lots of pink players.  I've seen a few AFK.  I don't recall seeing both conditions in the last 5-6 months.

And I've been AFK myself after the program boots me out (happening a lot more frequently these days).

I didn't say tons of afk pink players - I said tons of pink players in Co-op. Big difference there. 

I have but I play many many games a day, and in Co-op, so I have a greater chance than most. Not sure how many games you play a day?

I have had that happen too and accounted for that possibility in the original post.

[VOP]
Members
335 posts
6,832 battles
22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes, I know this is an issue. I am talking specifically about afk 100% or those who drive off to a corner or behind an island and then go afk. I also account for no fault afk by simply not taking a game off so no extra penalty. Only if it is multiple times in a row, which clearly indicates intent, then start adding games.

If in fact players are not allowed to just put a ship in to remove TK status already that is great because they shouldn't be able to. It has been my understanding based on reading the forums since I joined that is not the case. It is widely commented on in TK threads here and on Reddit how you can just throw 5 ships into Co-op games, while you go play one yourself,  and get it taken off. This is what I am referring to. If it is already addressed them great.

:Smile_playing:

All I do is chuckle every time I see a pink player in co-op hiding behind the rest of us...cause I know he's going to be pink for a while.

When I was pink (shooting at a ship being rammed by a friendly-doh!) I did not do enough damage in a couple games and this did put me off for a few games as my game number did not alter.  So they want you to earn back your status by contributing.

You cannot just load into a game and not contribute. Your idea about adding games for multiple afk's or not contributing enough towards their pink status is a good one though. As the game keeps track of that info already it would make people work harder for their status to be changed back. Would be nice if you could wipe off 2 games if you did exceptionally well in a match too.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,894 posts
10,700 battles
38 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

All I do is chuckle every time I see a pink player in co-op hiding behind the rest of us...cause I know he's going to be pink for a while.

When I was pink (shooting at a ship being rammed by a friendly-doh!) I did not do enough damage in a couple games and this did put me off for a few games as my game number did not alter.  So they want you to earn back your status by contributing.

You cannot just load into a game and not contribute. Your idea about adding games for multiple afk's or not contributing enough towards their pink status is a good one though. As the game keeps track of that info already it would make people work harder for their status to be changed back. Would be nice if you could wipe off 2 games if you did exceptionally well in a match too.

I wonder if this policy has been changed since I joined? Either that or many others like me are confused on how it works. I tried to find the actual policy and can't.

I simply want to be sure people don't just go their to remove TK and not contribute. If that is already in place that is good. 

:Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
5,650 posts
18,236 battles
52 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I'm confused, what else is co-op good for then?

I find it good for grinding ship lines and captains. Will have my third 19 point captain in about a week and unlocked the Iowa a couple of days ago. I decided to go BB because once I got to a tier 9 destroyer in PvE, it got old really fast and just quit grinding the line. I also have every single nation's line of class of ships up to at least tier 5, most around tier 6/7 so I can take advantage of nation specific or class specific missions. Every ship has at least a 10 point captain in it. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Actually, that is interesting.  I recently wondered why a TK ship in a Co-op match played normally for the first few minutes.  It hit some bots and then sailed into an island and then froze up for the rest of the match.  I just figured they had a disconnect issue, now I wonder.  At low tier with small maps a player could work off a TK status in 15-20 minutes using such an approach. Oh well, there are always people that will find loopholes.  WG would go broke trying to plug them all.

Members
4,177 posts
2 hours ago, pmgaudio said:

this..
And If I see a Pink player in random or co-op (which I rarely do anymore but ) and he is afk, I bump him a little...:Smile_teethhappy:

I like that.

Honestly, when I turn pink I go to coop, T1 and can bang that out in such a short amount of time its not even funny.  Think last time I needed 7 games and managed to do that in 45 minutes or so.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles
1 minute ago, Wowzery said:

I like that.

Honestly, when I turn pink I go to coop, T1 and can bang that out in such a short amount of time its not even funny.  Think last time I needed 7 games and managed to do that in 45 minutes or so.

I just take the Hindy or Zao out a few times, stay at range and burn things to the waterlne....
or my Blys.... that thing eliminates pink fast...

THE PINKINATOR!!!

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Always interesting to see different people's luck of the draw with matchmaking. I think I've seen an AFK player in Co-op maybe.... 5 times? Granted these days I mostly play Random unless I'm learning a new ship or just want some casual pew pew, but still I really don't remember seeing that many AFK people. 

/That said/ I also use to say I almost never see people detonate, but last night I was in a game where ships were going off like popcorn. Two by my shells alone. I think there were a total of four in one game. It really comes down to how (un)lucky you are I guess. 

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,229 posts
10,556 battles
3 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

All of this.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,229 posts
10,556 battles
2 hours ago, Pulicat said:

1.  Get away from lemming teams

2.  Get away from stupidity

3.  Get away from idiocy

4.  Get away from all other stupid things I didn't mention

• Cool 4

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,953 battles
Just now, mohawkdriver said:

1.  Get away from lemming teams

2.  Get away from stupidity

3.  Get away from idiocy

4.  Get away from all other stupid things I didn't mention

That must be quite the unfulfilled list then. 

• Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
274 posts
1,429 battles

I use Co-Op a lot to avoid the stock grind on lower-tier ships because I'm still saving my Free XP for Missouri :Smile_coin:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,541 posts
7,555 battles

Practice.

Yes, I said it, sometimes you need to school yourself on a particular ship's style..

I recently revived my interest in the KM DD line, which I dropped at the L. Maase...  Had so much fun in PTS with the Z-52, that I took up the line again. Needed practice with it, so off to Co-op to ravage the bots... It helped, and at least I earned something more than the training room does..

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,684 posts
9,083 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Fun Response #3: This seems contrary to what I see posted a lot from people who talk of "just go park your ship in Co-op for 5 games and TK vanishes". Seen it posted multiple times here and at Reddit. If in fact you are correct then that is a good thing. Those who I have "SEEN" show up and drive off to park and leave, or the guy who appears in back to back, or even b2b2b, games and is afk every time seems to indicate that people believe just showing up is enough. If it isn't great because it shouldn't be. 

That is old information that has not worked for quite awhile now.

• Cool 3