You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NotSynpax

In-Game Stat Monitor

52 comments in this topic

[TNG-D]
Members
108 posts
821 battles

I run WoWS with Matchmaking Monitor on a second screen to give some guidance about how I need to play in a given game based on the stats of other players. 

I'd like to recreate this so it shows up in-game somewhere, and simplify it to just win rates in a given ship over the last 50 games along with the total number of games in a particular ship (IE: NotSynpax 65 / 51%). 

I believe these stats can come from Wargaming, However some people choose to hide their stats. So what I'd like the app to do is to allow members to SHARE their NOTES on each game with each other and create the stats this way. So next to the person's name you'd see the same numbers but a little asterisk to indicate their a stat hider and that these were merely collected by other people using the mod. 

Can anyone help me build this mod? I'd be happy to help sponsor it. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

31 posts, 20 battles and you need stats? At this point you wouldn't even show up. You can't live without stats to properly play your game with 20 battles? 

tenor.gif

• Cool 1

Members
1,786 posts
5,663 battles

I do not believe anyone should know the stat's of anybody in game. The idea is fight the other team not pick out individuals.:Smile_izmena:

• Cool 2

[LOU1]
Members
3,023 posts
8,125 battles

I would suggest that the best way to figure out what to do in a particular battle is to focus on what ships the teams have, their ability to counter one another, and the flow of battle.  Since stats from the past cannot really tell you who is distracted, drunk, on meds,  stressed out, or on the top of their game, I suggest that the best barometer to forecast the battle is the battle itself.  I myself am a potato, sometimes more so than others - wonder what my stats would prompt you to do?  (Depending on when you read this post, I could be heavily blue or red/orange.  For example, pushing to a couple of t10s during the anniversary event destroyed my 63% blue 90 day recents.  And  then, playing in the upper tiers with unfamiliar ships has thrown my goto ships out of wack the last week.  Definitely a player to be wary of.)

All of my energy is focused on what is happening and unfolding in the midst of a battle.  What fronts is our team creating or attempting to hold/push, how is the enemy deploying, do I need to flex to the weak flank or push harder where I am, are our ships on a particular front capable of dealing with the ships they face, is the base at risk, is it smart to protect a cap or let it go and come back later in force?  These are the important questions in my mind and good/poor choices on my part have the biggest impact on a battle.

Deciding who is good and who is bad so that I know whether to follow them seems to be a waste of energy.  Maybe their stats are due to being too aggressive and the situation they now face in the battle needs aggressiveness, or possibly it is a passivity issue and the situation requires that.  What matters is the flow of battle and how you can affect that flow to go in your team's favor.  No stats can tell you that...

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 3

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles
33 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I would suggest that the best way to figure out what to do in a particular battle is to focus on what ships the teams have, their ability to counter one another, and the flow of battle.  Since stats from the past cannot really tell you who is distracted, drunk, on meds,  stressed out, or on the top of their game, I suggest that the best barometer to forecast the battle is the battle itself.  I myself am a potato, sometimes more so than others - wonder what my stats would prompt you to do?  (Depending on when you read this post, I could be heavily blue or red/orange.  For example, pushing to a couple of t10s during the anniversary event destroyed my 63% blue 90 day recents.  And  then, playing in the upper tiers with unfamiliar ships has thrown my goto ships out of wack the last week.  Definitely a player to be wary of.)

All of my energy is focused on what is happening and unfolding in the midst of a battle.  What fronts is our team creating or attempting to hold/push, how is the enemy deploying, do I need to flex to the weak flank or push harder where I am, are our ships on a particular front capable of dealing with the ships they face, is the base at risk, is it smart to protect a cap or let it go and come back later in force?  These are the important questions in my mind and good/poor choices on my part have the biggest impact on a battle.

Deciding who is good and who is bad so that I know whether to follow them seems to be a waste of energy.  Maybe their stats are due to being too aggressive and the situation they now face in the battle needs aggressiveness, or possibly it is a passivity issue and the situation requires that.  What matters is the flow of battle and how you can affect that flow to go in your team's favor.  No stats can tell you that...

People don't get a good long term stat record by just being one thing. Usually those people that are top of the class are able to read the situation and do whats best for their ship in it.

• Cool 1

Members
155 posts
10,370 battles

I have noticed a lot more Stats Nazis in game lately, as soon as the game starts they're like "we are going to lose because xyz has bad stats" or this team sucks. Its really annoying to play with these people.

Yes there are people out there that may not the greatest , but they are on every team.

Plus all those bad players are what make the unicums look good.

• Cool 1

Members
4,545 posts
6,439 battles

NO OP just NO.  XVM IMO made WoT a toxic stat crazy mess. Definitely hurt the game and most who play it now totally agree. Many thought it was cool when it was first introduced not thinking that this kinda thing works both ways.  Good players who initially were all for it changed their minds when they realized it got them targeted or "focus fired".  Just man your battle stations and head out and fight the enemy team.  You learn real quick who is good on the red team.....don't need no silly arcade POS like what you suggest.  Again, this kinda thing does little if any good and a lotta bad. It's about as far from any semblance of real battle as you can get.  Toxic.

Edited by dmckay

Members
4,545 posts
6,439 battles
2 minutes ago, denismc66 said:

I have noticed a lot more Stats Nazis in game lately, as soon as the game starts they're like "we are going to lose because xyz has bad stats" or this team sucks. Its really annoying to play with these people.

Yes there are people out there that may not the greatest , but they are on every team.

Exactly my point. It can really mess things up. It's for jerks. 

Members
4,545 posts
6,439 battles
1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

Excellent.  One of the things I like about WoWs is that stats are not displayed in game. Ya you can go to sites and look at players stats but keep that outta of the game as it is being played. I hardly ever play WoT anymore. Play it long enough and it begins to leave a bad taste in your mouth due in part to the stat freaks, jerks, and trolls.  It can be unbelievably hateful at times. I just don't want WoWs to go that route. 

Edited by dmckay

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Just be happy with what we have.

Many of us run it to compile MM information. I also use it to predict how the match will go and know if a teammate is worth possibly risking my ship (DD) for over the course of the battle.

I don't call anyone out either.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Members
4,170 posts
4 hours ago, NotSynpax said:

I run WoWS with Matchmaking Monitor on a second screen to give some guidance about how I need to play in a given game based on the stats of other players. 

I'd like to recreate this so it shows up in-game somewhere, and simplify it to just win rates in a given ship over the last 50 games along with the total number of games in a particular ship (IE: NotSynpax 65 / 51%). 

I believe these stats can come from Wargaming, However some people choose to hide their stats. So what I'd like the app to do is to allow members to SHARE their NOTES on each game with each other and create the stats this way. So next to the person's name you'd see the same numbers but a little asterisk to indicate their a stat hider and that these were merely collected by other people using the mod. 

Can anyone help me build this mod? I'd be happy to help sponsor it. 

This was a reason why a earlier in the year I toyed with hiding my stats.  I toyed with playing a week with it on, then off.  Currently they are still hidden (more due to I'm too lazy to actually go back to the website and toggle that).

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
1 hour ago, denismc66 said:

The stat wieners from WoT are descending upon us. The migration will probably start to pick up since the announcement of clan wars.

One of the worst aspects of WoT, which contributed to elitism, folks bailing on Win Chance, and perceived "bad teams" was XVM.

I fear with the start of CW, and the inclusion of more content, the stat bashing, XVM worshiping, elitist lords (as well as Dunning crowd that believes they are not the problem whilst citing others stats), we are headed down the same path as WoT.

However, I believe the dev team for this game has gone a long way to trying to avoid the pitfalls of WoT, so I am guardedly optimistic.

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,079 posts
8,964 battles
59 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Many of us run it to compile MM information. I also use it to predict how the match will go and know if a teammate is worth possibly risking my ship (DD) for over the course of the battle.

Really you would leave a person to die because they have a 45% win rate?  wow.

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, Wulfgarn said:

7 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Really you would leave a person to die because they have a 45% win rate?  wow.

I assume you are talking about smoking. Simply smoking someone isn't "risking my ship".

DDs are too important to the team to give one up for a scrub. I also didn't say what WR would be deemed unworthy.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,963 battles
1 hour ago, Pulicat said:

People don't get a good long term stat record by just being one thing. Usually those people that are top of the class are able to read the situation and do whats best for their ship in it.

Or they get great stats by playing 2/3 of their battles in divisions with good players.

The only purple players that worry me are the ones with a 70% WR in carriers, especially when my team's carrier has a 30% WR.  It usually (but not always) spells disaster for my team...

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles
Just now, Thraxian said:

Or they get great stats by playing 2/3 of their battles in divisions with good players.

The only purple players that worry me are the ones with a 70% WR in carriers, especially when my team's carrier has a 30% WR.  It usually (but not always) spells disaster for my team...

Ah, well that's cute. You'll tend to realize those same players still have dwarfing solo stats too. 

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,963 battles
2 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Ah, well that's cute. You'll tend to realize those same players still have dwarfing solo stats too. 

What's cute?

[CAFE]
Members
1,395 posts
10,746 battles
14 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Damn Pulicat, he's onto our strategy, now everyone will have great unicum level stats :Smile_facepalm:

IMG_0191.PNG

• Cool 1

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Lets assume players that use stat monitoring SW are above public "stat shaming".  What value does the SW offer?  (Aside from Wulfgarn's use to compile MM data, which sounds interesting but limited to matches that are monitored rather than all matches.)  The important question is how would knowing the skill level of another player effect what you do in a match?  How many would try to carry, support or encourage a poor player, who is about to potato?  Or would they avoid, even abandon a player with poor stats (...call it private "stat shaming")?  How would you judge a new player struggling to get past WG's T4/T5 surprise?

Is any stat monitor capable of telling the whole picture?  I'm sure there are a large number of players who are better than their stats indicate, and even recent performances may not reflect their skill level (looking at you RNG).  Imagine (or even recall) when grinding a new line how many mistakes were made before the you might have understood the weaknesses and strengths of the line.  Or when WG makes a significant change that takes time for the player base to adapt, and some players can take longer than others.  I am sure there are players who are so fixated on stats that they may create new accounts after they have become skilled with the game, and that seems a little pathetic.

I'm fine with the existence and use of a stat monitoring program.  How it is used is up to the players using it, and I expect, reflects on the personal (even public) importance of their own stats.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,963 battles

The problem isn't always stat shaming.

Often, stats can be used in a "reverse stat shaming" way to encourage focusing on that one 'purple' enemy ship, thus removing them from the match and improving your team's odds of winning...

[TNG-D]
Members
108 posts
821 battles

>thread in which people whine about using every available and legal advantage to win in a competitive game. 

You know you can just play co-op, right? Or go to the training room and sail your ship around unmolested?