You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Multi ship bundles

9 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,172 posts
15,156 battles

Hi

Just reading another thread by a member about The Goeben being a replacement tier 3 ship which is not a bad idea for a premium.

But I have always thought had WG played there cards right they could make a mint with multi bundles.

The first one that comes to mind would in fact be The Goeben and Breslau this duo is steeped in history others could range from The CV Glorious and DD's Acasta and Ardent.

The CA's Ajax, Exeter and Achilles lots of history in those 3 ships and that famous battle.

Houston and Perth also would go well and those who already have Perth can just buy Houston, in fact WG could still seel these and other ship singly for those that don't want to buy the multi bundles.

There are many other groupings of ships some as duos others as 3 ship teams the potential is there.

Then there are other ships that might not make the grade as a premium like Glowworm which had a rather famous history but may end up as a tech tree ship, so why not have a event featuring Her and Hipper like we had, either like the Bismarck one or the more recent British BB event.

Players get Glowworm and compensation for having Hipper others who don't have the ship get them both.

There some many ships out there that could be promoted either way and as long as WG does not make the price for such bundles to pricy for players it could be a gold mine for them.

As for event ships that always sparks players enthusiasm to play more when there's a free ship in the offering.

Speaking of event ships WG should sell the 2 Dynamo Destroyers they created, seems a waste creating them for the operation then mothballing them.

Regards 

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,227 battles

A while ago they had a $400 Armada bundle that had over 30 premium ships in it

[PVE]
Members
5,714 posts
18,273 battles

Yeah they do really good bundles if you have the cash. Lots of times the ships are close to half price in bulk. They should have another big bundle sale around Thanksgiving and last year they sold every premium ship in the game as a bundle for like $400 (like FireAndHE said). The best thing about it was if you already had some of the premium ships, they gave you full doubloon value for them as well as the port slots so it was a good deal. 

[-K-]
Members
5,311 posts
9,141 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

They do have multiship bundles from time to time.

35 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Wait for Black Friday.  They usually have significant ship bundles for sale at that time.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,436 battles
1 hour ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Yea, I remember that. I wonder how many guys bought into that.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,954 posts
7,492 battles
42 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Yea, I remember that. I wonder how many guys bought into that.

I did and it was worth it to me. I like collecting the ships and as a child, I made models. I live in a small house now, so collecting the models as pixels I can fight is even better. No dusting so the wife is sorta happy with the hobby. :Smile_teethhappy:

Having multiple premiums to work a captain is pretty nice since I play co-op mostly and farm 1st win bonuses. I was also having trouble making credits with tech tree ships, but having a bunch of premiums, means I can earn credits easier if I need to.

[OPEC]
Members
947 posts
5,108 battles
48 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Having multiple premiums to work a captain is pretty nice since I play co-op mostly and farm 1st win bonuses. I was also having trouble making credits with tech tree ships, but having a bunch of premiums, means I can earn credits easier if I need to.

^  Main reason I buy premiums, too.  Any line that I really like will get a premium as a captain trainer.  The Tirpitz with the camo from last year's Santa Convoys is also the boss when it comes to earning Free XP (combined with a Papa Papa or other flag) - just helped me unlock the Missouri.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,263 posts
10,726 battles

They had around the 4th or Memorial Day they had all the USN Premiums bundled together for 200 USD I think it was.  I had several already or I would have done that bundle.