Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icuOklaCity

WG'ings Reply to my Ticket will have you LYAO

8 comments in this topic

[TMDA]
Members
113 posts

Here's a copy of my ticket and Wargaming's reply..(without the screen shoots)

Wargamings reply to my ticket I open on the issue of my Gearing torp reload times are now higher adding Commander Skill - Torp Acceleration  has me banging my head on the desk, asking myself Really, did he really just threw out this [edited] reply hoping it would stick, Or is he correct because he use the "New Math" to come up with the answer...

On the Gearing I have it as a torp build out with Slot 3 Torp Tube Mod 3. with the Level 3 commander skill Torpedo Armament Expertise and my torp reload time was 104 sec. But I added the commander skill torp Acceleration +5 knots to torpedo speed -20% to torpedo range and it knock my reload time back up to stock 134 sec....???? It list the reload time as 104 sec in Ship Parameters while in Port. But in game I have a 134 sec reload time.. Why is that and is this a bug or am I missing something about one commander skill cancelling out another commander skill...??? Screen shots show the build out, commanders skills, and in game reload time of 134 sec. (131 sec shown)

Hi icuOklaCity,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming NA support. We appreciate bringing this to our attention.

We understand that you would like clarification in regards with the game mechanics especially the reload time of your ship and thank you for sending us screenshot of your query.

In regards with the reload time, The reload 1:34 is not in seconds perhaps it is 1 minute and 34 seconds in game which is actually 94 seconds when in fact Gearing have 104 second torp reload time.The reason for the 10 seconds discrepancy there is a loading time at the start of the battle which is around 10 seconds.

You should see the actual reload time of your torpedo at the bottom of in game screen when a fire a torpedo tube.

For frequently asked questions, please click here.

Thank you again for bringing this to us and we hope you will continue to love World of Warships.

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,091 posts
4,164 battles

Port shows torp reload in seconds, while in a match it's in minutes:seconds. Let's say my Gearing has a torp reload of 115.6s in a port, however in game that's shown as 1 minute:55.6 seconds.

Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro
  • Cool 1

Members
412 posts
17,016 battles

wg has a nasty habit of switching things up just to be  confusing. 

why wg cant use the same timing metric is beyond me.  its really stupid to say in one area, the reload time is 80 sec, but in another area, the reload time is 1 min  20 sec, which , if you do the math is the same,

but just screws with the mind.  is it so hard when they say in one place , the reload is 120 sec, then why cant they use the same 120 sec everywhere to eliminate the confusion,  but adding confusion to the game is the way wg does things,

they have been doing it this way ever since i started playing  world of tanks, and they kept up the muddy the water attitude in world of warships.  its almost as if they dont want you to figure out how the game works

im waiting for them to start interchanging miles, yards  feet and inches,  with the kilometers, meters , centimeters and mm,  ......     oh.......  nevermind, they are already partly doing that with  the ship guns.   yea how many mm are there in a 16 in gun again.......

[TMDA]
Members
113 posts

Even if in game time stock reload is 1m + 34s (1:34 shown on game screen) that is still 94s... If  the upgraded Gearing reload time is 1m +4s (1:04 on game screen) that is 64s.... So if my Gearing is upgraded to fast reload time I should never see in game a torp reload time more then 1:04. Yet I have 1:34 reload times now... Had 1:04 up until I added teh Commander skill Torp Acceleration, after that skill was added I have 1:34 reload times....

shot-17.10.09_00.18.13-0743.jpg

shot-17.10.09_00.17.41-0842.jpg

shot-17.10.09_00.17.38-0362.jpg

[ZR]
[ZR]
Beta Testers
99 posts
12,128 battles

104 seconds = 60 + 44 seconds = 1 minutes and 44 seconds = 1:44 in the game display

Now how many times will we have to repeat this math to you before you get it, OP?

Edited by NKNKN
  • Cool 2

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,945 battles
17 minutes ago, icuOklaCity said:

Even if in game time stock reload is 1m + 34s (1:34 shown on game screen) that is still 94s... If  the upgraded Gearing reload time is 1m +4s (1:04 on game screen) that is 64s.... So if my Gearing is upgraded to fast reload time I should never see in game a torp reload time more then 1:04. Yet I have 1:34 reload times now... Had 1:04 up until I added teh Commander skill Torp Acceleration, after that skill was added I have 1:34 reload times....

Lol, if you think the Gearing could ever have a 64s reload time on it's torps you have clearly failed in your math somewhere. Sorry.

Stock gearing torp reload is 136 seconds, or 2 minutes and 16 seconds. The best reduction you can accumulate is -35% to reload time (total). Lets make it easier to calculate.

100 seconds - 35% = 65 seconds.

36 seconds - 35% = ~25 seconds.

=

90 seconds.

You are looking at ~ 90 seconds for your torpedo reload. This will be about 1 minute and 30 seconds on the in game timer. Suspiciously close to the 1 minute and 34 seconds you keep whining is wrong, isn't it?

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 4

Sign in to follow this