You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkywhaleExpress

Suggestion: Actually sanction accounts who AK on purpose!

63 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

As the title says.. there's got to be something done to people who go into match after match and then announce they're going to AFK because "XYZ matchmaking/stat checker makes me think I'll lose anyway" and then they follow though by actually going AFK...

These guys are deplorable, and should be erased from the wargaming system.

Members
942 posts
4,083 battles

sadly not all AFK are actually AFK some are probably were DC (happens to me rarely but it happens)

[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

In almost 6,000 games played, I have never once seen someone tell my team that they are going AFK because the team was going to lose.  Not one single time.  I've seen AFK's.  I've seen a few people drive into a corner and sit there.  I've seen CV's who lose their planes just exit game.  It's a pretty rare experience for someone to be deliberately AFK.

• Cool 3

Members
1,251 posts
9,022 battles

you missed a small point....sanctions can be for or against....but typically against, as in "put sanctions upon".....the way you used it, you make it sound like you want to condone AFK...

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I've never seen anyone ever say that before.

Course I don't play on weekends, so that might be when it happens.

[SF-E]
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

It's real. I'd post it, but then that would be naming and shaming.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Never seen anyone announce an AFK or throwing a game in general. Seen plenty of AFK though. I've /been/ an AFK a few times due to computer crash and reboot but I apologize when I return. 

Strangely, I've never come back to being sunk. I'm always fine when I return from a computer crash, or only just then coming under fire. Weird. 

[PSP]
Members
6,325 posts
8,945 battles
18 minutes ago, Ajatcho said:

sadly not all AFK are actually AFK some are probably were DC (happens to me rarely but it happens)

I've gone AFK, a couple of times. One was a minor medical emergency I had to attend to and the other a power outage. Remember that this is just a game, and a free one at that. Your random team is not going to hold a permanent grudge against you if you go AFK occasionally, and even if they do, the odds of your ever teaming up with them are slight. If you division with friends then they should understand.

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

I've gone AFK, a couple of times. One was a minor medical emergency I had to attend to and the other a power outage. Remember that this is just a game, and a free one at that. Your random team is not going to hold a permanent grudge against you if you go AFK occasionally, and even if they do, the odds of your ever teaming up with them are slight. If you division with friends then they should understand.

This guy was with or against us for hours on end.

[PSP]
Members
6,325 posts
8,945 battles
Just now, SkywhaleExpress said:

This guy was with or against us for hours on end.

Must not have been many on that night.

[SF-E]
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

Must not have been many on that night.

There's plenty on tonight.

[PSP]
Members
6,325 posts
8,945 battles

Usually what I see are slow loaders. I'm not sure why this is so. I'm on an ADSL connection that's decidedly slower (usually < 5Mbps download and < 300 kbps upload) than most internet plans but I've only had one instance in well over 4000 games where I was slow to load. Perhaps these people are on hotel or college, etc. WiFi systems that are overloaded. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[PSP]
Members
6,325 posts
8,945 battles
3 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

This is a guy who says "F this MM, I'm out, AFK."

Well, that's different then. Unfortunately, it would be difficult to institute a method where you could blacklist someone from a random game, even if players voted for it. Technical difficulties aside, this system could easily be abused. For instance, I could see people blacklisting good players just because they didn't want to face them.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
1,866 posts

I hate the AFKs, but red/green, it's random. Don't like the MM? crap, grow a pair. I've seen the most OP ships lose, even Black and Flint. It has a lot more to do with whose driving the ships. One guy tonight said, "I am so stoned", and I knew I wasn't getting a lot out of him. They try to balance the ships.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,902 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Remember that this is just a game...

which is exactly why i won't waste my time with a team that is either A) not even attempting to win, or worse, B) trying to win, but so stupid that they do the WoWs version of running the ball into their own endzone.

its a game, and its meant to be fun... i will not sacrifice my fun by wasting it with a group that obviously doesn't give a damn.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,736 posts
3 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

which is exactly why i won't waste my time with a team that is either A) not even attempting to win, or worse, B) trying to win, but so stupid that they do the WoWs version of running the ball into their own endzone.

its a game, and its meant to be fun... i will not sacrifice my fun by wasting it with a group that obviously doesn't give a damn.

You are a teammate to 11 other individuals and owe them your best effort, no excuses

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
624 posts
22,421 battles

does he have a bunch of XXXX after his name! He's done it on my team twice lately!

ps 

In another thread somewhere he even said he does it!

Edited by fbrrhd

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,902 battles
Just now, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

You are in no position to criticize anyone's play as you are not holding up your end of the bargain. Go down swinging, that's what I do

think of it as a breach of contract... i won't break the contract first... but if they do... i have no remorse saying its null and void and that i have zero obligation to them after that point.

and as for going down swinging... this isn't the 300 spartans holding the pass at thermopylae... there is absolutely zero reason for me to "go down swinging" especially when the only thing ill gain from it is the respect of players whose respect i don't care about.

Edited by Shadeylark

[NMKJT]
Members
2,736 posts
Just now, Shadeylark said:

think of it as a breach of contract... i won't break the contract first... but if they do... i have no remorse saying its null and void and that i have zero obligation to them after that point.

Sophistry

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,932 battles

I had 4 cases were people complained about the MM. 2 went afk (one of them said that it isn’t a domination map so he will not make enough xp as t8 in a t10 match). The others were carriers that killed themself. It happen but it’s rare. I had lately problems with my ISP and suffered a few discons. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,737 posts
8,298 battles

Sometime i can't really blame them for being AFK on purpose. That doesn't mean i encourage this, but I can understand. I just had a game on Tears of Cruiser Epicenter with my Charle Martel. I was the only T8 cruiser of my team and i wasn't able to do a single thing because all target in range were behind island and BB have so much range it is impossible to show your nose without eating full pen damage. The other T8 cruiser in the ennemi team just said he was going to watch TV during the game.

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,685 battles
3 hours ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

It's real. I'd post it, but then that would be naming and shaming.

I can second what he is saying because I was in the same game (if you're referring to the one with the Bismarck that went to the corner and sat when you were divved with two of your clanmates). He also put a salvo into the flank of my Conqueror at game start (which turned him pink but still took 15k hp off me) before going to sit in the corner and spamming 'good luck and fair seas' all game.