Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lampshade_M1A2

Credit supercontainers

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

915
[LEGIO]
Members
2,986 posts
5,407 battles

Simple question? Can supercontainers still give you a whole lot of credits? I've never gotten a single SC with credits in it despite them supposedly being relatively common.

 

Also what happens if you win a premium ship but you already own one? With my luck I'd finally get a ship and it would be another Emden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles

No more credit containers and IIRC you get the doubloon value of the premium ship.  The closest thing to credit containers will be if you get a flag container with a bunch of flags.  Some flags sell for more than others and selling all of the flags in a SC can get you like 6 mill credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,577
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,723 posts
15,363 battles

I'm sitting on 193 million so another 20 million, 10 million, or 5 million credits means even less than a spotting plane upgrade module.

 

That said, I can understand why some would need these :)

Edited by Lord_Zath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47
[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,118 battles

after my last ship buying spree I went from 200mil to 30mil, so yeah sometimes the credits come in handy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,160
[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,456 battles
1 hour ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Simple question? Can supercontainers still give you a whole lot of credits? I've never gotten a single SC with credits in it despite them supposedly being relatively common.

 

Also what happens if you win a premium ship but you already own one? With my luck I'd finally get a ship and it would be another Emden. 

 

1 hour ago, AhosChaos said:

No more credit containers and IIRC you get the doubloon value of the premium ship.  The closest thing to credit containers will be if you get a flag container with a bunch of flags.  Some flags sell for more than others and selling all of the flags in a SC can get you like 6 mill credits.

 

I heard that when the game rolls 'free premium ship' it only goes off the ships you don't have to pick the one you get, so you won't get a duplicate. If you buy a bundle that has duplicates of premium ships you own, then you get the doubloon value of the duplicate.

 

I've done both and it worked that way for me, but this is a small sample size. I bought the Shipsgiving bundle when I had two duplicates and got the doubloon value. During the Christmas boxes event, I bought some $3 boxes and got two premiums. Since I had all the premiums available for purchase at the time in the Shipsgiving bundle, I got the Nicolai I BB and the Gremashchy which were only available in super containers, so I didn't have them yet.

 

IIRC, some people got duplicates in the Christmas boxes, but I have not heard of someone getting a duplicate in a regular super container. The people who got duplicates in the Christmas boxes may have already had all the available ships, but I seem to remember some saying that the didn't have all the ships. Some who got ships that they didn't want had sold that premium ship earlier. Worse comes to worse and a super container that gives you a duplicate premium ship would give you the doubloon value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
755 posts
6,963 battles
17 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

IIRC, some people got duplicates in the Christmas boxes, but I have not heard of someone getting a duplicate in a regular super container. The people who got duplicates in the Christmas boxes may have already had all the available ships, but I seem to remember some saying that the didn't have all the ships. Some who got ships that they didn't want had sold that premium ship earlier. Worse comes to worse and a super container that gives you a duplicate premium ship would give you the doubloon value.

I got about 12 Emdens and 2-3 Indianapolis in the Christmas boxes, I had a ton of doubloons by the time the dust settled....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
623
[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts
24 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

 

IIRC, some people got duplicates in the Christmas boxes, but I have not heard of someone getting a duplicate in a regular super container. The people who got duplicates in the Christmas boxes may have already had all the available ships, but I seem to remember some saying that the didn't have all the ships. Some who got ships that they didn't want had sold that premium ship earlier. Worse comes to worse and a super container that gives you a duplicate premium ship would give you the doubloon value.

 

I had a lot of luck with the Xmas containers. I pulled a ship out of most of the boxes. If I bought 5 boxes, it would check my inventory at time of purchase and choose ships I didn't have. So I once got 3 Tirpitzs and 2 Lo Yangs. But I got the duplicate ships only in the same batch as I got the original ship. Subsequent purchases would give new ships. Once I figured this out I bought boxes one at a time.  Once I had all ships, I would get Emdens and Ishis. Rather, the doubloon value and a 10 point captain. 

 

I don't believe they give out doubloons for duplicate ships any longer, they now give silver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,075
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,306 posts
6,587 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Zath said:

I'm sitting on 193 million so another 20 million, 10 million, or 5 million credits means even less than a spotting plane upgrade module.

 

That said, I can understand why some would need these :)

 

We all have things that where we don't need anymore. For me it's signal flags, I am sitting on at least 14k flags that I will most likely never use. Yet my last two SCs gave me 100 Detonation flags each... :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
361
[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,452 battles
1 hour ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I've found 2 credit supercontainers. They both had 5m I think.

 

How recently though? Pretty sure they got rid of them a little while back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[WOLF9]
Members
3,241 posts
3 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Simple question? Can supercontainers still give you a whole lot of credits? I've never gotten a single SC with credits in it despite them supposedly being relatively common.

 

Also what happens if you win a premium ship but you already own one? With my luck I'd finally get a ship and it would be another Emden. 

  Don't laugh- I pulled FOUR Emdens out of the Christmas containers,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,488 battles

I picked a SC out of the blue,,,(wine is fun), and walaaa,, 14 days prem.   Salute WG.  Marblehead 4 tha win,, (cum get some)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47
[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,939 battles

My last 6 containers, 3 of them were SC's, had 2 back to back yesterday, 2 def aa mods and 25 red dragon flags, going to buy a loto ticket since luck seems to be on my side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
2 hours ago, dngrcnnn said:

How recently though? Pretty sure they got rid of them a little while back...

Feels like around 3-4 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,237 battles

I had one yesterday, 25 hydra signal i think ( +50% commander XP, + 50% credit +100% XP. Something like that ). 

 

SC value are starting to fall since they introduced it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,858 posts
8,785 battles

Went a very long time with no SC. Seems like they buffed the chance recently but decreased the rewards. All special signals and camos lately. Not a bad decision really but wish I had gotten more mega credits and a ship or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×