Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Dusted off the Hotlanta...

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

947
[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

Had not run her in awhile... First two games I got detonated...in both...

 

Third game was worth it, even with a potato team.

 

Txf7RvE.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,227
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

Yeah..  I won't go into Co-Op without det flags on that floating powder keg.

It's definitely a fun ship...   406 hits -- most of them zero damage, but it annoys the snot out of people.

Are you using IFHE?  Demolition?  AFT?  Do you need a new Left button for your mouse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
947
[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

Yeah..  I won't go into Co-Op without det flags on that floating powder keg.

It's definitely a fun ship...   406 hits -- most of them zero damage, but it annoys the snot out of people.

Are you using IFHE?  Demolition?  AFT?  Do you need a new Left button for your mouse?

 

Demo, and AFT. I just like the extra range, and plane melting over IFHE. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles

I don't know about AFT.  Sure, no doubt at all that it's great for AA purposes.  But for the extra gun range in surface combat, it seems like a waste because hitting stuff in that extra range is so damned difficult.  I guess that I prefer using IFHE instead, though I will say that part of that is due to a general lack of carriers to have to fight.  If there were more carriers in my Atlanta battles, I might end up preferring AFT for the AA enhancement, even at the sacrifice of IFHE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
947
[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

Yeah, the classic trade off.. I switched after I had a Big Fred park himself just out of range during one game. I could have rained about a million shells on him before he got going again, but not without the range upgrade. I keep telling myself we will see CVs again, so I leave it for now... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,481 posts
8,965 battles
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, Crucis said:

I don't know about AFT.  Sure, no doubt at all that it's great for AA purposes.  But for the extra gun range in surface combat, it seems like a waste because hitting stuff in that extra range is so damned difficult.  I guess that I prefer using IFHE instead, though I will say that part of that is due to a general lack of carriers to have to fight.  If there were more carriers in my Atlanta battles, I might end up preferring AFT for the AA enhancement, even at the sacrifice of IFHE.

It may be hard to hit things at past 11.1 km with AFT, but I guarantee you will miss everything past 11.1 km without it.  Besides, nothing stops you from aiming at targets within 11.1 km if you have it.  :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,973
[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,440 battles

Pro setup: AFT+MFCAA+IFHE

The extra range is important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
On 10/8/2017 at 8:05 PM, Crucis said:

I don't know about AFT.  Sure, no doubt at all that it's great for AA purposes.  But for the extra gun range in surface combat, it seems like a waste because hitting stuff in that extra range is so damned difficult.  I guess that I prefer using IFHE instead, though I will say that part of that is due to a general lack of carriers to have to fight.  If there were more carriers in my Atlanta battles, I might end up preferring AFT for the AA enhancement, even at the sacrifice of IFHE.

I personally want AFT for the added range. That extra range will make a lot more difference than some might think. I have run into several instances where having that much more range would allow me to get more damage, fires, and kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles

Just brought mine out for the first time in ages - instantly reminded how horribly sluggish (speed and rudder) she is.  For me, that's her biggest drawback, particularly since MM most often sends her into matches where she's middle or bottom tier. 

 

Because I'm about to earn my Minotaur, Atalanta came to mind and so I decided to take her out for a few.  I would have better spent my time just finishing off leveling up to Mino.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[-K-]
Members
663 posts
6,972 battles

Atlanta is definitely one of my favorites. Once you have a 19 point captain on her, she's a beast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[TURDS]
Members
579 posts
3,925 battles
On 10/9/2017 at 2:52 AM, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yeah, the classic trade off.. I switched after I had a Big Fred park himself just out of range during one game. I could have rained about a million shells on him before he got going again, but not without the range upgrade. I keep telling myself we will see CVs again, so I leave it for now... 

That Freddy driver has a cousin in a Bismarck. He did the exact same thing to me after I radar-ed his DD pal  & set another of his buddies on fire. Had the gall to park at precisely 12km. No way to get at him without leaving cover. Cheeky Jerry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
947
[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

The Atlanta is my guilty pleasure in this game. Have a bad day? Jump in her, and just be a total pain in the :etc_swear: to the other team. SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM...  "Atlanta is cancer!" Whatever. Come and get me. :Smile_playing: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[WOKO]
[WOKO]
Members
8 posts
4,286 battles

same man, bt iseem to have had my best game today against tier 9 ships.  Also sorry for the pic, computer is wonky at the moment

IMG_6923.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[GWG]
Members
163 posts
3,518 battles

I've found that the Atlanta can be alot of fun, but it can also be a real pain... for me, it's all about positioning. If I can get to a good location with a bit of cover, I can rain HE on the Reds, and it can be good game. Catch me out in the open water, it's a quick trip back to port.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
289 posts
9,485 battles

been averaging 70 - 90k a game lately, all crushing losses. Seems like my Atlanta is my next snake bit ship...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,045
Members
3,779 posts
14,032 battles

Grats on a great game with 'Lanta! I like Atlanta but rarely play her in Randoms anymore because she's super squishy. I've rarely survived a battle while driving her. Plus, she doesn't flame targets as much as she used to. I have IFHE and DE and if I start 2 fires in a one battle I'm doing good.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,540 posts
8,176 battles
On 12/11/2017 at 3:57 PM, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yeah, almost all my best games end in a loss.. Atlanta or otherwise.. :Smile_sad:

Hey

Same way for me; I would say about 70% of my games over a 100K are losses.  It's frustrating since you lose so much XP from it.

 

I just bought the Atlanta this past week and so far this ship is a blast to play, your not going to kill a lot of ships with it BUT it's very good at denying the enemy access to a particular spot or cap, you just have to be in a very good, well protected location.  She is a hoot to play.  I put an 11pt. captain in mine:  P.T, P.M, A.R, BFT, AFT on mine, will add DE next when I have the points.  Ship Upgrades:  Gun mod 1, AA guns, Prop. Mod 1, Steering Gears Mod 2.  Premium consumables on all.  So far it's working good.  (knock on wood, but have not gotten instantly deleted like I thought I would, biggest downside is just the short range of 13.3km and have to re-position for decent cover.  Loads of fun though).

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
947
[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

Alright...I'm FINALLY on vacation...so I can fix my :etc_swear: ing 'net and play.... By the Seven I miss my Atlanta... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,836 posts
1,327 battles
On 11/13/2017 at 5:00 PM, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

The Atlanta is my guilty pleasure in this game. Have a bad day? Jump in her, and just be a total pain in the :etc_swear: to the other team. SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM...  "Atlanta is cancer!" Whatever. Come and get me. :Smile_playing: 

Yep.  Atlanta has AoE Taunt built-in.  I just love to watch BB captains totally lose their minds with the rain of shells, even though I'm really not hurting them that much.  I'll see them turn and go after me, leaving a broadside open for a teammate to citadel them.   Oh, and dismantling RN cruisers.  I love doing that, too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[SWNG]
Beta Testers
83 posts
3,561 battles
On 12/11/2017 at 6:35 AM, Darksaint1071 said:

I've found that the Atlanta can be alot of fun, but it can also be a real pain... for me, it's all about positioning. If I can get to a good location with a bit of cover, I can rain HE on the Reds, and it can be good game. Catch me out in the open water, it's a quick trip back to port.

 

 

Agreed about her being a fun ship and it is indeed about correct positioning and planning your next move to take advantage of terrain.

 

I noticed your signature speaks of being a destroyerman, but your ship served on is a frigate, not a destroyer. Were you on a DD at some point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[GWG]
Members
163 posts
3,518 battles
26 minutes ago, strykerpsg said:

I noticed your signature speaks of being a destroyerman, but your ship served on is a frigate, not a destroyer. Were you on a DD at some point?

While I was on active duty in USN during the '80's all the FF, FFG, DD & DDG's sailors in my home port (Pearl Harbor, HI) called themselves "Destroyermen", but I also served some time on the USS Mahan (DDG-42). Good catch... :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Darksaint1071
Typo
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×