You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Astrosaint

October Revolution/Gangut Russian BB impressions

10 comments in this topic

[_H2O_]
Members
137 posts
6,203 battles

Since the days WOWS became available to the public, I have always wanted to see a Russian BB in my port.  I was not in time to get the Imperiator Nikoli 1 and it appears likely never to be available again.  The Oct. Revolution is a suitable replacement for the IN1.  I bought it when it became available in the NA server Oct. 4 and have had good fun with it.  Yes, the 305 mm guns are not good on Tier 7 BBs.  I have had no damage recorded on some AP salvos !  However, I am able to set nice fires on the Tier 6 and 7 BBs.  I can also able to do significant damage to CAs and even DDs.  I have one shotted CAs with the APs and HP is very destructive overall.

It is not a Russian Yamato.  However, Oct. Revolution can spoil the opponent's day and the standard AA can knock down large portions of squadrons before they can deploy their weapons.  Thanks WG for the Russian BB.

Astrosaint

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

In WoT, I prefered tanks with good accuracy and good rates of fire. In WoWs, I still prefer that. October Revolution hits that spot. The guns hit what they aim at. All else is just something I have to play around to keep the guns in action.

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,512 battles

World of Warships went to Open Beta (i.e. open to the public) on July 2, 2015.  Imperator Nikolai first went up for sale on Black Friday 2015 (late November).  If you were playing when you say you were and missed out, well...ouch.  That can happen.  Some ships appear for purchase and are either crap, meh, good, or holy crap.  Sometimes you don't know which until they are no longer for sale.  Nikolai was one of those.  Holy cow, I'm glad I chose Nikolai over Warspite!

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya is a strong ship...I hope she provides you with a lot of fun games.  She can be frustrating...but she can be extremely rewarding as well!

[_H2O_]
Members
137 posts
6,203 battles

I did not start playing until late November 2015 when I did an 8 hour download on a very slow satellite connection.  Astrosaint

Members
1,240 posts
8,952 battles

I'm looking forward to earning her, no matter how many hoops I have to jump through this month.......premium ships for free is what I live for on this site.......and the early reviews on this one look good.....spaceba!

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
497 posts
5,581 battles
34 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

I'm looking forward to earning her, no matter how many hoops I have to jump through this month.......premium ships for free is what I live for on this site.......and the early reviews on this one look good.....spaceba!

Knocked out the first missions easily enough. Can't wait for the next ones. I wish they had more premiums like this. I've bought a ton, but playing for and winning one is a great contribution to the game and player enjoyment.

Edited by HeathenForay

[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Beta Testers
1,089 posts
4,251 battles

I think this ship makes the case that all should be offered for sale or allow players to do missions to get it.  I bought mine and love it.

[ERN]
Members
601 posts
8,301 battles

Glad I bought her. I'm both surprised and impressed with her performance in the game.

Sure the October Revolution may not look impressive for her the placement of her guns is rather inconvenient as well as having a limited amount of repair party consumables, nor will she bring in much credits/XP (not to mention her non-translated name is a bit of a mouthful). However, she is actually fun ship to play with and I currently have no regrets in purchasing her.98b.gif.017c8a99ddb824c2768d071e9c80b706.gif

Edited by XXRed_DawnXX

[BSA]
[BSA]
Members
21 posts
12,282 battles

Great ship to have if played right it is massively op. And yes you can farm credits quite well with it in winning games.

shot-17.10.21_06.09.07-0565.jpg

shot-17.10.14_15.49.56-0685.jpg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:50 PM, DingBat said:

In WoT, I prefered tanks with good accuracy and good rates of fire. In WoWs, I still prefer that.

Second this.