You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Hi! other OLD grandpa/grandma playing wows?

37 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,144 battles

Hi I am Finnka or better known as Finnkax. I am grandpa aged person from Finland and change to US server because Eu server are overaly highly toxic enviroment. Yes - broken english is my third (or forth) language and is perhaps worlds mostly used language- aAaand I am not very good to use it. As you maybe has noted I have played a some time here and motivation has varied very high to mildly interested and health issues has rather high effects to my playing as almost all aged persons has some problems with health. Reflexes are sloowwww and fingers precision is somewhat ...well .. gone.  

Wows, I think, is pretty lovely game with gorgeous enviroment. I hate match-making as almost all of us do, because it is so  "unfair" etc standard complains. I am cruiser man mostly and it is unfortunate because cruisers are xp pinjatas in higher tier games except if you are tier x cruiser. Unfortunately high tier cruisers also mostly lose that hectic chaos bangbangbang battle like those low tier cruiser and dd  battles have.  

Have a nice time with Wows and if we meet and you are red team I hope you try to kill me and I try to kill you because of greater good which is....for FUN!  

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

Welcome aboard the NA server. We do have some toxicity but it is far less than you see over in tanks. I haven't played on the EU server for some time but I found it was still far less toxic than the NA WoT servers. If you are interested in hanging out with a bunch of mostly older people check out the Gray Wolves. http://graywolfgamers.enjin.com/

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Welcome Finn... Surprised to see the EU server is more toxic than the NA one- Interesting. 

I'll keep my eye open for you in game... I'm not a grandpa or otherwise but I can always benefit from someone who knows how to play cruisers (I'm a fan of BBs).

See ya,

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles

Hi Finnkax.. lots of mature gents here and ..welcome to the server ..some toxic stuff here also but its not tolerated all that much

it is a great game with just enough issues to complain about once in a while.. have a good one..

all I play is pretty much Cruisers 

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish
  • Cool 2

Members
763 posts
15,831 battles

President Kennedy was my president for 22 days. Am I considered old?

• Cool 1

Members
4,555 posts
6,481 battles

Welcome. Older guys here also.  I mostly only play cruisers cause I find them FUN.  I am no so hot but I have my moments.

[O_O]
Members
4,415 posts
9,558 battles

Welcome to NA!  Don't listen to these other dweebs, NA is all plushycats and cotton candy.  Just a sweet bunch of gamers.  Well, except the kids.  They can be childish, vicious, immature, insulting, trollish idiots.  But other than those twits, we are a great bunch!

I'm a grandpa, as well, but still young and studly.  I am QUITE the ladies man, hehe.  Mowin' 'em down.  I still got game...you betcha.  (OH, hey, honey!  Yep, just shopping for kid's clothes, here!  Nah, don't need you to check the deals I've found, I'm good!)  AHEM.  Yeah, so I'm quite the player around here.  Got me a sweet WR and errthang.

Hit me up if you want some tutoring.  I'm pretty leet and stuff.

Edited by desmo_2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Welcome to NA!  Don't listen to these other dweebs, NA is all plushycats and cotton candy.  Just a sweet bunch of gamers.  Well, except the kids.  They can be childish, vicious, immature, insulting, trollish idiots.  But other than those twits, we are a great bunch!

I'm a grandpa, as well, but still young and studly.  I am QUITE the ladies man, hehe.  Mowin' 'em down.  I still got game...you betcha.  (OH, hey, honey!  Yep, just shopping for kid's clothes, here!  Nah, don't need you to check the deals I've found, I'm good!)  AHEM.  Yeah, so I'm quite the player around here.  Got me a sweet WR and errthang.

Hit me up if you want some tutoring.  I'm pretty leet and stuff.

Hey! Get off my lawn!

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,415 posts
9,558 battles
13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Hey! Get off my lawn!

YOUR lawn?!?  No...

OGRF1hy.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

YOUR lawn?!?  No...

OGRF1hy.jpg

seriously-get-off-my-lawn-seriously-2608

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,144 battles

Thanks to all of you welcoming me officially here! As you may see I have played here some time. :Smile_Default:

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,652 battles
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, theLaalaa said:

President Kennedy was my president for 22 days. Am I considered old?

I was born under President Truman.  You're still a youngster.:Smile_Default:

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,652 battles
7 hours ago, Finnkax said:

Thanks to all of you welcoming me officially here! As you may see I have played here some time. :Smile_Default:

Welcome Aboard, Finn - from one grandfather to another.  Glad to have you and your experience around.  I look forward to learning from you and your wisdom.

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
Members
946 posts
5,108 battles

Welcome!  English may be your 4th language, but if you manage to work "XP Pinata" into your post you are doing fine by me!  I am not a grandpa, but a dad of two girls who first played text based adventure games on a TRS-80, if that dates me a bit...

300px-TRS-80_Color_Computer_1_front_right.jpg

Members
20 posts
3,336 battles

Welcome Finnkax. Have to wonder sometimes, what percentage of players are old guys like us. One of my kids showed me this game after I retired.

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,144 battles
On 10.10.2017 at 6:05 AM, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Welcome Aboard, Finn - from one grandfather to another.  Glad to have you and your experience around.  I look forward to learning from you and your wisdom.

Tnx !  But please that "wisdom" is misplaced? 

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,144 battles
On 11.10.2017 at 5:10 AM, vtach2014 said:

Welcome Finnkax. Have to wonder sometimes, what percentage of players are old guys like us. One of my kids showed me this game after I retired.

Lol! I think here are prety much old guys like me! Nice beach, warm and peacefull enviroment. 

[PSP]
Members
6,283 posts
8,912 battles
On 10/12/2017 at 1:18 PM, Seadog_Supreme said:

Only kinda old but a great-grandpa. Descendants didn't understand birth control.

I'm not nearly as old as my little brother -- he is a grandpa and I'm not.