You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ikeystonei

Budyonny Props

17 comments in this topic

Members
317 posts
5,572 battles

I don't think this ship gets enough credit for being one of the best T6 Cruisers.  Its a napalm machine, surely, and the AP, when used in right situation, isn't bad at all.

It'll be a permanent resident in my port.

WoWs 10-8-17 (a).jpg

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

Congrats on the 115k damage game with your Budyonny. Well played!

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
2 hours ago, ikeystonei said:

I don't think this ship gets enough credit for being one of the best T6 Cruisers.  Its a napalm machine, surely, and the AP, when used in right situation, isn't bad at all.

WoWs 10-8-17 (a).jpg

Well played buy the permo camo and turn it into a premium keeper.

• Cool 1

Members
317 posts
5,572 battles

And the Budy strikes again!   The Kraken is tarnished somewhat by the loss, but I did my best.

WoWs 10-15-17 (e).jpg

WoWs 10-15-17 (f).jpg

WoWs 10-15-17 (g).jpg

Edited by ikeystonei
additional info posting

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,578 battles

Wow, I thought this was going to be a troll post... nice game; could never get the hang of that ship.

Members
317 posts
5,572 battles
On 10/8/2017 at 5:48 PM, abyssofthetriffid said:

Well played buy the permo camo and turn it into a premium keeper.

I got this ship out of one of the Christmas boxes last year, and it came with the permanent camo.   

• Cool 3

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
28 minutes ago, ikeystonei said:

I got this ship out of one of the Christmas boxes last year, and it came with the permanent camo.   

Wow proper sweet deal for sure well done.

Members
317 posts
5,572 battles
1 hour ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Wow proper sweet deal for sure well done.

My missus said I spent too much money on containers last year, but got one of every ship they put in them, and several duplicates, so wound up with gold equivalent.   Still spending gold and using flags, camo, etc, that I got.

Edited by ikeystonei

Members
616 posts
3,448 battles

Personally, I see the ship as a hate sink.

Every time I get spotted, half the enemy team wants my butt on a silver platter.

Members
317 posts
5,572 battles
On 11/10/2017 at 7:17 AM, BrentD15 said:

Personally, I see the ship as a hate sink.

Every time I get spotted, half the enemy team wants my butt on a silver platter.

Believe me, I have felt your pain, and will again.   My best games have come from using a combination of angling, kiting, and terrain to limit the number of the other team shooting at you.   Use the islands, and try to let only one ship at a time see you.  That is the life of a CL, no matter which one you choose.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, ikeystonei said:

I dropped Russian CL at Kirov quite a while back as I couldn't live long enough in it to do anything. Fragile beyond words and horrid maneuverability. Just couldn't take it so dropped the line short of getting to Budyonny. Played more BB then as well and just didn't have time for a ship I hated so much. Lately I have swung back to playing more Cruisers and decided to give the Russians another try. However, no chance in hell I was playing Kirov again so I used a little Free XP to get to Budyonny.

Only 1 game in it but what a difference at least maneuverability wise. It might be fragile too but at least you can WASD in it unlike Kirov. GUns fire fairly quick and are very accurate. Played it like I tried to with Kirov (ie; at range/from cover spamming HE) and did very well. When I was in the open and targeted I actually could WASD and avoid a lot of the shots. It did seem to take it a little better when I was hit. 

Don't know how I will feel long term but for me Budyonny is a HUGE improvement over Kirov. Finally get to use that Russian Capt I have been saving in my Reserves hoping for Russian BB's. LOL

0UxerfR.jpg

Members
842 posts

The Budy is really the only Russian CA that has sufficient armor to bounce stuff while angled.  It's actually tougher than the Cleveland. So you have a pretty high ability to tank CA and DD fire, and even BBs won't auto-citadel you.  The rest of the Russian line... not so much until you get to the Moskva at T10.   

Yeah, the Budy is a nice ship:  lots of advantages, only a few weaknesses, and in a great tier. 

Members
317 posts
5,572 battles

Ive had a couple week layoff while moving back home from a 4 month project in Iowa.......Took the Budyonny out to shake off some rust and was surprised with the attached......

Made me feel darn good, i'll say.

I've got the Captain up to 15 points now, and am running IFHE, but the jury is still out with me on it.   I feel like better damage is realized with DE and loads of fire, but can't argue with wins.  One salvoed a Kagero in this match.

WoWs 11-28-17.jpg

Beta Testers
1,480 posts
8,949 battles

"Budyonny Props"?  I am confused.  I don't see anything in this thread discussing the things in the water that spin and make the ship move. :Smile_hiding:

Members
65 posts
2,055 battles

I like the Budyonny a lot, it seems like a real upgrade from the Kirov. The faster firing guns, slightly better concealment and better maneuverability are nice. Those gun arcs are soooo awesome. I was firing at a cruiser on twins, cleared the end of one of the big islands and behold a Duke of York at 10K from me. I bow tanked him and figured he was gonna delete me fast at that range but I was gonna do as much damage to him before he killed me. Pointed the bow at him, came to a dead stop and let him open the distance as he was moving away from me. I put 6 guns on target and started peppering him with HE. Got him burning, he fired 3 salvos at me and got me to half health when his fourth salvo hit nothing but water he gave up and turned on another target as I just continued to BBQ him to death.