Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Uber_Ghost

Cruiser Line Choices

8 comments in this topic

Members
525 posts
3,701 battles

Which cruiser line is the healthiest somewhat relative to the impending smoke changes and highly weighted by Tier X performance/utility?  I've run BB's and DD's...thought about the RN line before the smoke changes...now I'm not sure anymore.  I'm not looking for the best damage dealer or something like that.  I want to impact matches.  

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

For me it is Des Moines. Great for suprising cruisers and DDs in a smokecloud :)

I don’t know how the smoke changes will effect her. I don’t reallly need smoke to make her work and RN cruisers and DDs will still sit in it, if I am right?

Members
519 posts
3,387 battles
13 minutes ago, joris92 said:

For me it is Des Moines. Great for suprising cruisers and DDs in a smokecloud :)

I don’t know how the smoke changes will effect her. I don’t reallly need smoke to make her work and RN cruisers and DDs will still sit in it, if I am right?

Seems mainly aimed at the BB's which they have said too many people play yet they themselves are pushing ...

[SF-A]
Members
2,899 posts
5,719 battles

USN has good AP, and later gets a long radar

IJN has good torps, and strong HE

KM has good protection and good AP

RU has good range and good HE

UK has good consumables and good AP

FR has good speed, range, and AP

My current favorites are RU, UK, and FR.

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
2 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

USN has good AP, and later gets a long radar.  The AP becomes excellent at the higher tiers.

IJN has good torps, and strong HE. The torps are powerful, but generally have terrible firing arcs.  They tend to be risky to use, due to those bad arcs.

KM has good protection and good AP. I'd go so far as to say that German cruiser AP is excellent.  Of course, their HE is weak, though decently capable of starting fires.

RU has good range and good HE.  Agreed, plus they have excellent radar at higher tiers.

UK has good consumables and good AP.  RN cruisers have excellent and unique AP that's also quite effective on destroyers.

FR has good speed, range, and AP

My current favorites are RU, UK, and FR.

Let me elaborate in this generally good assessment.

• Cool 1

[TLW]
[TLW]
Members
17 posts
4,635 battles

I Also put RU first.  Radar and accurate gun range are the most helpful attributes at high tier.  I like the gunnery of the KM, and enjoy the line, but doubt it's the best in a team format. 

I have put lower priority on unlocking USN and UK Cruiser line because they have shorter ranges, slower shells. But both have radar. either can be a better team support than the non-radar, longer ranged cruiser lines. Situation depending. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,734 posts
8,289 battles
14 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Would having the radar mod work better on RU or USN? 

Well both would benefit from the mod. Without radar module :

Russian radar last 20 sec and detect everyship around 11.7km

US radar last 30 sec and detect every ship around 9KM i think

Edited by AlcatrazNC

Sign in to follow this