You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Oldwolfdog

I want OIL

34 comments in this topic

[CDNUS]
Members
21 posts
8,277 battles

OK I am in a clan and some times I get oil and most of the time I don't . it's not form winning or points HOW do you Get OIL?

I am starting to get PISSED.

[PVE]
Members
9,551 posts
7,456 battles
Just now, Oldwolfdog said:

OK I am in a clan and some times I get oil and most of the time I don't . it's not form winning or points HOW do you Get OIL?

Every container you collect, gets you 10 oil. You don't have to open the containers, just collect them.

[SF-3]
[SF-3]
Beta Testers
227 posts
12,941 battles

from getting containers, your 3 daily containers. also if there is any missions going that give u oil. but u earn oil 3 times a day by containers.

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,857 battles

My clan only has three members. At the rate we are collecting oil it's going to be months before it amounts to anything.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,788 battles
7 minutes ago, DOCTOR_CITADEL said:

Um... all you had to do was spend probably less than 5 minutes worth of googling and you could have saved yourself a lot of angst friend. 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0611/#Oil

Yeah, but it is much easier to come here and get angry... :/

• Cool 2

[LHG]
Members
1,648 posts
4,917 battles
26 minutes ago, Oldwolfdog said:

When the Naval Bases first came into existence, I was part of a clan and was supposed to be earning oil with my containers, but i wasn't.  I sent in a support ticket and discovered what might be part of your problem. 

What I used to do with containers is earn them but not open them until the following day.  I never hit the "Collect Container" button, just let the system put those containers in the cargo hold for me to later open. What I discovered is that the system was ignoring my containers because I wasn't going through the process of hitting the "Collect Container" button so I wasn't getting any oil for my containers. 

Now, every time I earn a container I go to the ship and collect it and the oil is now flowing just fine.  I don't know if pushing the "Collect Container" but only had to be used once so the oil program would recognize me and that now all oil will go into the Clan's account regardless of whether I hit the "Collect Container" button or not, but I haven't been in the mood to try it out and potentially lose the oil I've earned. 

However, if you are hitting the "Collect Container" button to collect some of your containers (which will guaranteed collect the oil), and at other times are just letting the system do the collection for you and opening them later (which may not generate any oil), this might explain why you are getting oil for some containers but no oil from others. 

Hope that's helpful.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
4,838 posts
13,778 battles

I heard that if you wanted oil all you had to do was go hunting for some food and a rifle round would cause some bubble'n crude to appear out of the ground. Oil that is, black gold, Texas Tea. All by shooting the ground.

I don't know how many rounds I've put into the earth but I still haven't seen a gusher yet.

So your results may very. 

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
9,551 posts
7,456 battles
8 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

When the Naval Bases first came into existence, I was part of a clan and was supposed to be earning oil with my containers, but i wasn't.  I sent in a support ticket and discovered what might be part of your problem. 

What I used to do with containers is earn them but not open them until the following day.  I never hit the "Collect Container" button, just let the system put those containers in the cargo hold for me to later open. What I discovered is that the system was ignoring my containers because I wasn't going through the process of hitting the "Collect Container" button so I wasn't getting any oil for my containers. 

Now, every time I earn a container I go to the ship and collect it and the oil is now flowing just fine.  I don't know if pushing the "Collect Container" but only had to be used once so the oil program would recognize me and that now all oil will go into the Clan's account regardless of whether I hit the "Collect Container" button or not, but I haven't been in the mood to try it out and potentially lose the oil I've earned. 

However, if you are hitting the "Collect Container" button to collect some of your containers (which will guaranteed collect the oil), and at other times are just letting the system do the collection for you and opening them later (which may not generate any oil), this might explain why you are getting oil for some containers but no oil from others. 

Hope that's helpful.

Shiny, I didn't know that the game would collect the containers for you. I always collected them as soon as I noticed I could and opened them to see what I got. 

[PVE]
Members
9,551 posts
7,456 battles
4 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I heard that if you wanted oil all you had to do was go hunting for some food and a rifle round would cause some bubble'n crude to appear out of the ground. Oil that is, black gold, Texas Tea. All by shooting the ground.

I don't know how many rounds I've put into the earth but I still haven't seen a gusher yet.

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SF-3]
Members
1,506 posts
8,101 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Shiny, I didn't know that the game would collect the containers for you. I always collected them as soon as I noticed I could and opened them to see what I got. 

Yeah, not sure which one it picks for you though, maybe camo and flags? I always collect my containers, gotta TYL or you'll never see a SC again.

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,652 battles
29 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Thank RSB - now I can't get "The Beverly Hillbillies" theme out of my head ...

[NDA]
Supertester
4,838 posts
13,778 battles
6 minutes ago, Pacific_Cruiser1942 said:

Thank RSB - now I can't get "The Beverly Hillbillies" theme out of my head ...

jb268vM.gif

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
99 posts
5,661 battles
1 hour ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Hope that's helpful.

That is not something that makes for good reading, can we have some kind of assurance from wargaming that such a bug if it exists has been squashed and that anyone affected either has or will be reimbursed appropriately?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
1 hour ago, TheHolySpork said:

Yeah, but it is much easier to come here and get angry... :/

makes you feel better to get it out too.

[PVE]
Members
9,551 posts
7,456 battles
37 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Yeah, not sure which one it picks for you though, maybe camo and flags? I always collect my containers, gotta TYL or you'll never see a SC again.

I almost always pick credits. I got the Shipsgiving bundle and the ARP ships so I still have to outfit the Kutuzov and Lo Yang with modules. Give me week or so and I'll get them too. :)

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,034 battles
1 hour ago, Oldwolfdog said:

Better to be Pissed off then pissed on

[LHG]
Members
1,648 posts
4,917 battles
52 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Well, it stays with whatever type of container you last chose.  Since I always wanted consumables I rarely saw the need to change the setting.  Made sense at the time but cost me about 100 oils before I was able to figure it out. 

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,034 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

My clan only has three members. At the rate we are collecting oil it's going to be months before it amounts to anything.

You better start looking for players then ?  ?  ?

[LHG]
Members
1,648 posts
4,917 battles
14 minutes ago, Dinger83 said:

That is not something that makes for good reading, can we have some kind of assurance from wargaming that such a bug if it exists has been squashed and that anyone affected either has or will be reimbursed appropriately?

It would be nice, but based on the reply to my ticket, WG doesn't consider it a bug since they explicitly said that oil comes from "collecting" a container, not from opening it.  Personally I think it's a stupid way to set something like this up, since, as I just related, not everybody opens their containers immediately upon earning them.  For those of who do collect containers upon earning them, everything would work just fine, but for people like me it took a while to figure things out. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Any other containers have 10 oil as well.  Anniversary, Yamamoto, October Revolution, etc.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
99 posts
5,661 battles
5 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

It would be nice, but based on the reply to my ticket, WG doesn't consider it a bug since they explicitly said that oil comes from "collecting" a container, not from opening it.  Personally I think it's a stupid way to set something like this up, since, as I just related, not everybody opens their containers immediately upon earning them.  For those of who do collect containers upon earning them, everything would work just fine, but for people like me it took a while to figure things out. 

Right, but the system "collects" the containers on your behalf if you don't do it manually, logic dictates that it would therefore "collect" the oil as well, or am I being too sensible again?