You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bassmasta76

Bogue vs Zuiho concealment?

13 comments in this topic

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,140 battles

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the stock concealment of Bogue is so much worse than Zuiho?  Balance perhaps?  Lol

Bogue appears to sit higher in the water, but 11.9k vs 9.2k seems a little excessive.  Zuiho is a larger ship (longer) but I dont know how much "shorter" it is.  

Thats it.  Thanks.

B

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Because. 

Usually that is sufficient to coverall. You know. 

How ya doin Bassmasta?

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,140 battles

Lol, thanks for the replies...  I kind of figured it was something like that :Smile-_tongue:.

Im doin ok @Herr_Reitz, how've you been?  Haven't seen you in awhile.

B

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I've been playing carriers (4&5 IJN)... and taking my tier six carriers into coop. There's too much to coordinate at T6 ;-) I want permanent control groups - like two db, two tb - that i can switch back and forth through... it gets really busy sometimes... my left hand is not that coordinated ;-) So it get frustrating. 

I been playing them heavy on the strike (db/tb) and not on the fighters so that makes it tougher. Everyone but me has strafe mastered it seems. ;-) 

How about you? Workign carriers now? 

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,140 battles

Very cool.  Yeah, been playing CVs again after rage-selling all of them earlier this year...

I don't have the T4s, but may rebuy them for experience.  I've been playing Bogue a lot, because I can make it work... at least in AS load out.  I have the Independence, but am no good at strafing either.  

I must've lost my mind at some point, and ended up buying a Saipan recently too.  I've only played one Random battle in it, though by accident.  I thought I selected co-op but it was random and MM dropped me into battle before I could back out of the match.  We lost, but not because of my poor CV play... the other carrier was just as bad, lol. 

Live and learn.  Only way to get better is to play them.

B

Members
2,296 posts
4,132 battles

Get out of co op. Real players are way different and you need to practice against them instead of bots

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,140 battles
1 hour ago, StoneRhino said:

Get out of co op. Real players are way different and you need to practice against them instead of bots

So very true.  I don't find co-op in CVs to very fun...  the matches are too short and the targets often TK themselves.  

B

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,318 battles
1 hour ago, bassmasta76 said:

I thought I selected co-op but it was random and MM dropped me into battle before I could back out of the match.

There's a bizarro bug thay apparently isn't important enough to deal with; wherin hitting 'Battle On' in Co-op without going back to port will drop you into a Eandom battles; this also sometimes happens in a mission; where you do a mission in co-op, and hit continue mission, and get dropped into a Random.

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,140 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

There's a bizarro bug thay apparently isn't important enough to deal with; wherin hitting 'Battle On' in Co-op without going back to port will drop you into a Eandom battles; this also sometimes happens in a mission; where you do a mission in co-op, and hit continue mission, and get dropped into a Random.

Hrm... that may be what happened.  As much as I would like to "git gud" and actually use the Saipan, I was (am) nowhere near ready for Randoms in it...

When I saw the team lineups, it was an "oh crap" moment... though, like I said, we were both pretty bad and had neither positive or negative effects on the battle.  

Off topic from this thread, on getter better in CVs, I wish WG had a true training sim to learn/practice strafing, etc.  YouTubers make it look easy... it isnt... imho.

B

Members
2,296 posts
4,132 battles

Sadly the best way to learn to strafe is just to hit alt and learn to aim. Sometimes getting curb stomped by a really good strafer teaches you more than many many games against lower skilled players. Just load up your Saipan in randoms and try strafing everything until you start figuring out what works for you. 

The best thing about Saipan is that the only real challenge to your air superiority is an AS Ranger and the skilled ones are few and far between.  Also use your Saipan in the 2-2-0 setup. The other is a crutch and should be avoided.  

A small disclaimer. There are a few players that will absolutely destroy you. Just take your lumps and learn from them. It does not even matter what cv they are in, or even a tier lower. 

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,140 battles
21 minutes ago, StoneRhino said:

Sadly the best way to learn to strafe is just to hit alt and learn to aim. Sometimes getting curb stomped by a really good strafer teaches you more than many many games against lower skilled players. Just load up your Saipan in randoms and try strafing everything until you start figuring out what works for you. 

The best thing about Saipan is that the only real challenge to your air superiority is an AS Ranger and the skilled ones are few and far between.  Also use your Saipan in the 2-2-0 setup. The other is a crutch and should be avoided.  

A small disclaimer. There are a few players that will absolutely destroy you. Just take your lumps and learn from them. It does not even matter what cv they are in, or even a tier lower. 

Good advice, much appreciated.

B