You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kittredge

Torpedo Arming

8 comments in this topic

[KITT]
Members
48 posts
4,160 battles

How many meters (or yards before a torpedo arms itself) I was less than 300 yards from a Tirpitz and got blasted. We both turned on each other at last second

Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles

I think it's generally less than 500m. Where ever the green cone(yellow if torps are loading)that shows you where the tubes are aiming begins is where torpedoes arm. If they strike anything before that, they wont detonate.

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

Also note that even though it looks really close - the distances are compressed so it looks a lot closer than it really is.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles

Ive had a lot of torps go through enemy ships up close didnt arm.

Never had this issue before but launching just as you die is slightly faster as before they never ever launched now some actually do.

[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,979 battles

Also think Ship Torpedoes arm their warheads faster than air dropped Torpedoes since Ship Torpedoes do not usually have a problem exploding where as if you manually air drop Torps they often will hit with a dull thud and no explosions or floods.

Lol some of these players that manual drop Torps so close it's impossible to avoid them usually actually drop too close to get their Torpedoes to arm the warheads.

[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,979 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Is it distance or time?

I would say distance since at minimum arming distance it would have the time to arm. And certainly have seen enough point plank range or close to it manual Torpedoe air drops to confirm there is an arming distance.

But thankfully Ship Torpedoes pretty much always arm.

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles

My recollection is that ship mounted tubes are .2km and plane launched are .5km.