You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Muskrat1

tired of the matching system

26 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
217 battles

It needs updated it needs to be fixed. Almost 75% of all my games are lop-sided with my team or the other team winning in a big way (in other words not fun, not competitive, not close)  In almost all my games as of late I am the last one alive on my team while they have 5+ ships left (if not more)..  It really seems all I get put on are teams with really really bad players or computer AI bots (which are even worse then the really really bad players)..

i know it prolly gets better at higher tiers but for beginners it well kind of turns the game off because first impressions is everything. 

Members
2,557 posts
12,419 battles

Before the tough guys show up...it's part of this game that can be frustrating. Focus on your own game, and the wins will come. I can't tell you how many times I feel I have it all figured out then lose 7 straight. Just grind through it, when you get killed jump into another game with another ship immediately to wipe that bad taste our of your mouth. This game is like golf, sometimes 3-4 crappy shots in a row then a magnificent one that makes you love the game again.

• Cool 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,862 posts
19,057 battles

189 battles and already complaining what nerve  ! ! !

Members
12 posts
217 battles
3 minutes ago, ArchMadman said:

alot of games are like this, nothing can really be done about it

I disagree it isn't that anything can't be done about it it is game companies are to lazy to actually do something about it.

In Hearthstone they want the win lose as close to 50/50 as possible (which is [edited] but whatever) they take multiple things into account when finding a challenger for you and it really does come out near 50/50 for the average player. 

The real problem is not enough things in game are taken into consideration when determining teams. So while alot can be done nothing is done because gaming companies really do not care about about matches 

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

MM can't know the future and know who is going to play well or not. 

Since you mention bots - you are playing Co-op and ALL games are lopsided with the human team winning 95+% of the time.   Co-op is for playing and learning the basics of the game, nothing more.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
108 posts
10,301 battles

Just the way it is, if I lose 5 or more in a row I usually will get a 7 or 8 game win streak after the weekend. Forget about your win rate and improve the important stats and enjoy the game more.

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

In Hearthstone they want the win lose as close to 50/50 as possible (which is [edited] but whatever) they take multiple things into account when finding a challenger for you and it really does come out near 50/50 for the average player

Over enough matches - WoWs does the same thing already,

The real problem is not enough things in game are taken into consideration when determining teams. So while alot can be done nothing is done because gaming companies really do not care about about matches 

Problem is - if MM can't tell the future then no - it can't really do much more.  WR can be manipulated highly and I know personally that I can have a great game with ship A and next game have a horrific sub-par game (or 2 or 3).  Look up the thread on 'skill' based MM and read them.  Then answer this (so far no one has been able to) - what determines 'skill' in a way that can be coded.

Edited by CylonRed

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles

Just because you don’t like the mm does not mean it needs to be changed. This game does not have skill based mm and it never will. If you want a game that has skill based mm then you might want to play something else.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
54 minutes ago, Muskrat1 said:

The real problem is not enough things in game are taken into consideration when determining teams.

No, the real problem is every time you add criteria for matching up teams it requires more computer processing, which takes more time and costs more money. You offering to pony up?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,843 posts
1,332 battles
1 hour ago, Muskrat1 said:

In Hearthstone they want the win lose as close to 50/50 as possible (which is [edited] but whatever) they take multiple things into account when finding a challenger for you and it really does come out near 50/50 for the average player. 

Blizzard has all that time and research into 20 years (SC launched in 1997) of figuring out skill-matching PvP, in WoW, and especially in Starcraft.  Hearthstone benefits from that.  WG doesn't have all that at this point.  

Members
3,784 posts
14,050 battles

If you think it's bad at lower tiers you aint seen nothing yet! Wait until you get the +2 -2 MM starting at tier 5.  :cap_haloween:

BTW, I see that you have a 50.85% win rate, that's pretty good. Better than mine. (47.99 as of yesterday)  :Smile_sad:

[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,982 battles
2 hours ago, Muskrat1 said:

It needs updated it needs to be fixed. Almost 75% of all my games are lop-sided with my team or the other team winning in a big way (in other words not fun, not competitive, not close)  In almost all my games as of late I am the last one alive on my team while they have 5+ ships left (if not more)..  It really seems all I get put on are teams with really really bad players or computer AI bots (which are even worse then the really really bad players)..

i know it prolly gets better at higher tiers but for beginners it well kind of turns the game off because first impressions is everything. 

Actually AI bots at least will attempt to engage the enemy as well as actually shooting at enemy, they also will not shoot allied ships in the spawn so believe it or not if you see some players that are the worst you could ever imagine playing chances are they are human unfortunately. Despite the Teen Rating on Wargaming games I have heard eyewitness reports of kids as young as 4-6 getting their hands on these games and even having parents that will But them premium ships and even X ships sometimes.

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles
2 hours ago, Muskrat1 said:

I disagree it isn't that anything can't be done about it it is game companies are to lazy to actually do something about it.

This is true, many online games take "skill" into account, you get some ELO or MMR or something like that. The problem with WOWs, and why we will never have "skill" based MM, is player base. There simply aren't enough players to have something like this and it not be 10 minutes to start a match.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,448 posts
11,755 battles

Are you playing PVP or PVE?

PVE will sometimes fill your team with bots.

Any name with a colon before it is a bot.

You are also encountering low tier new players and old veterans at your game count.

It is not unusual for veteran players to seal club at low levels.

If your encountering a loss and someone has 5 kills or more, he is a veteran.

If it is because 1 team works as a team and pushes and focus fires, then your facing better teamwork.

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles

How are you going to change it to make it so that blow outs never happen?There are so many lines that people can do that a lot of those games you are going to have a player who have finally decided to grinding that line and they have hundreds of more games than you. Just get used to the fact that random is random, and if anything get rid of the t4 coddling and redo balance but what do I know just my opinion.....

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles
10 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

This is true, many online games take "skill" into account, you get some ELO or MMR or something like that. The problem with WOWs, and why we will never have "skill" based MM, is player base. There simply aren't enough players to have something like this and it not be 10 minutes to start a match.

and how many of those games have the community #'s of this one ? WoT has more and they don't use skill based MM, and they have a Gold League, not a fan boy but people wanting skill based in a random battle has always seemed to take away from the RANDOM aspect of it, you want the other stuff there's ranked and now Clam Battles....

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles
4 hours ago, Muskrat1 said:

if you play during prime time against win rate farming divisions, you are going to have a bad time. 

Members
18,235 posts
5,209 battles
8 hours ago, Muskrat1 said:

It needs updated it needs to be fixed. Almost 75% of all my games are lop-sided with my team or the other team winning in a big way (in other words not fun, not competitive, not close)  In almost all my games as of late I am the last one alive on my team while they have 5+ ships left (if not more)..  

That's what happens in a red vs. green game with no respawns. Google "Lanchester's Square Law (Theory of Warfare)"

To make it not happen, they would literally have to handicap the winning team as the match happened. (ie. rig the match)

Basically, if you lose the first ship or two quickly, without doing appreciable damage to the other team, odds are the next ship lost will be yours. Now you're down 3 ships, and the odds are even more against you.

This can be mitigated by damaging enemy ships, which gives a chance for a more even exchange, but still...

Best example of this would be WoT clan wars. Even with 2 evenly matched good teams, matches were often blowouts, once one team lost a couple tanks.

As far as pushing WR toward 50/50, this game already does that, it's just streakier because it's more random.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
18,235 posts
5,209 battles
5 hours ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Even still, it wouldn't stop blowouts. What it would do is make the collapse take longer to start, and make it less predictable which side will be the victim.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
8 hours ago, ArchMadman said:

alot of games are like this, nothing can really be done about it

A lot of games aren't like this, it's poor game design. If you were to take game design at university they talk about this and how to avoid it

[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,660 battles
15 hours ago, joris92 said:

lol. I was so salty last night, and then three games in a row with the same potato div on my team and you on the other side kicking my [edited]....

I know skill based MM isnt a thing. Statistically, a player is bound to have the occasional stretch like that. But damn...11 straight losses in Z-52, which is reliably my best high-tier DD? When I'm at least pulling my load if not leading the team way more often than not? Thats a rough day. And the whole month has been rough, and I keep thinking I will turn it around and then run into another bad day, although yesterday was the worst. At least today was marginally better. Please dear god let me not have a day as bad as yesterday again for a long time...I got way too little sleep last night because I was so determined to end on a win and it took me three hours of spamming losses to get one. lol. 

Edited by poeticmotion