You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
my13

battles seem to be ending too early

25 comments in this topic

Members
32 posts
10,834 battles

within last month seems i have had numerous battles end saying completed mission long before that is really true.

noticed this mostly in co op battles but also recently had 1 random battle were i think this was the case.

had co op battle only 3 min into battle with about half enemy ships still alive say mission completed, and i think we had only captured one area at that time.

Members
3,467 posts
6,156 battles

The ways to win:

Cap out,

Time out,

Team goes to 0 points

If you kill a bunch of the E but they have not killed any of your team - they go to 0 VERY quickly.

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
19 minutes ago, my13 said:

within last month seems i have had numerous battles end saying completed mission long before that is really true.

noticed this mostly in co op battles but also recently had 1 random battle were i think this was the case.

had co op battle only 3 min into battle with about half enemy ships still alive say mission completed, and i think we had only captured one area at that time.

14 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

The ways to win:

Cap out,

Time out,

Team goes to 0 points

If you kill a bunch of the E but they have not killed any of your team - they go to 0 VERY quickly.

One team getting decimated and reaching 0 points is usually the way games end fast. Here is the wiki with the various game modes and rules for them.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Game_Modes

[HINON]
Supertester
19,185 posts
12,684 battles

Game ends when:

• One team loses all ships
  • One team reaches 1000 points
  • One team reaches 0 points
  • One team caps out
  • Time runs out

Your 'premature ending' is just one of those events happening when you're not paying attention to it.

[RKLES]
Members
7,192 posts
8,931 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Game ends when:

• One team loses all ships
  • One team reaches 1000 points
  • One team reaches 0 points
  • One team caps out

Your 'premature ending' is just one of those events happening when you're not paying attention to it.

Or the rare times when all 24 players in the battle all lose connection for 20 minutes.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,185 posts
12,684 battles
36 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Or the rare times when all 24 players in the battle all lose connection for 20 minutes.

Right you are. Time can run out. I will add to my post.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts

If you look at the post battle screen, just under Victory/Defeat, it tells you why the battle ended

shot-16.12.17_15.33.47-0084.jpg

Edited by Destroyer_Suzukaze

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Yes, it makes perfect sense to have mercy rules in co-op....:Smile_teethhappy:

Actually, the co-op rules are the same as PvP. Usually, PvE games are fast as you have 2/3 the ships and the bots don't camp. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
9,956 posts
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Actually, the co-op rules are the same as PvP. Usually, PvE games are fast as you have 2/3 the ships and the bots don't camp. :Smile_teethhappy:

And that's my point....those scoring rules are designed to end blowouts quickly....are we really worried about hurting the bots feelings?

I remember how annoying it was doing that two kills in co-op collection mission, and continually having the game end just before i'm about to secure that second kill.:Smile_amazed:

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

And that's my point....those scoring rules are designed to end blowouts quickly....are we really worried about hurting the bots feelings?

I remember how annoying it was doing that two kills in co-op collection mission, and continually having the game end just before i'm about to secure that second kill.:Smile_amazed:

I sometimes encourage the green bots to sink a red before getting sunk. Sometimes it works better than others. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
32 posts
10,834 battles

every one of the early ending missions said due to mission completed, but in all cases but the 1 random battle I dont think that was anywhere near possible. the random battle, slight possibility.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

It doesn't mean time was expired- it means you achieved the objective is: got 1000 points. 5 people have answered the question. Just put attention to those other factors and you'll be squared away. 

Edited by ENO75

Members
3,467 posts
6,156 battles
7 hours ago, my13 said:

every one of the early ending missions said due to mission completed, but in all cases but the 1 random battle I dont think that was anywhere near possible. the random battle, slight possibility.

If ANY of the win conditions are met - the mission WAS completed.

Members
32 posts
10,834 battles

replays werent working when I had the original missions I posted about, but now are. I just replayed one to see what ended it, said mission completed, looks like it was due to other team going to 0 pts.

I didnt have battles ending early until recently, is the 0 rule a new one?

thanks for the info

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,858 posts
6,855 battles
On 10/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, awiggin said:

Yes, it makes perfect sense to have mercy rules in co-op....:Smile_teethhappy:

If you got a team so bad that the mercy rules apply in coop I'd think you'd be especially thankful for said mercy rules...

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
4 hours ago, my13 said:

replays werent working when I had the original missions I posted about, but now are. I just replayed one to see what ended it, said mission completed, looks like it was due to other team going to 0 pts.

thanks for the info

Nope, the game ending by one team going to 0 points has been around for at least a year, but most likely longer.

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
3 hours ago, Shadeylark said:

If you got a team so bad that the mercy rules apply in coop I'd think you'd be especially thankful for said mercy rules...

I think he is talking about the mercy rule for the bots. The red bots don't have feelings, so let us sink them all. :Smile_teethhappy:

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,858 posts
6,855 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I think he is talking about the mercy rule for the bots. The red bots don't have feelings, so let us sink them all. :Smile_teethhappy:

Fair nuf... I'm just so used to dealing with players so incompetent that they make bots look good that I defaulted to the mercy rule applying to his own team.

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
3 hours ago, Shadeylark said:

Fair nuf... I'm just so used to dealing with players so incompetent that they make bots look good that I defaulted to the mercy rule applying to his own team.

:Smile_teethhappy:

We have some potatoes in PvE too. :Smile_child: When the so called 'killer bots' appear (bots that will work together to focus one green ship down at a time), if your team is not on its toes, you can hear the 'you are the last hope' with 3-5 red bots to go. :cap_rambo:

I think what happens to make the killer bots appear as there seems to be different levels of working together and different levels of accuracy. You get top in both and it's Killer Bot time. Killer bots is probably the closest PvE can get to PvP and killer bots are a pale shadow of even decent PvP players.

Edit: Put in the right 'there'.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Members
32 posts
10,834 battles

every time it has been the red team going to 0, and just after I have fought through the tough dd's and cruisers going for points with just about to kill a bb or cv, thus depriving me of points. I have never had this happen until about the last month or so, at least not that I noticed, and it was the one rule people mentioned I didnt know existed, and one I wish they would get rid of for the red bot team. I have had this end a battle in as little as 3 min with half of eneny ships left (I didnt have replay of this battle, so I assume it was the 0 rule that ended it even though I dont know how with half enemy ships left)

and I was wondering about what you have called killer bots, lately it seems the whole red team will attach me even if there are much better or closer targets available, often getting the red bot killed by torps/shots from a closer ship. gotten to the point my strategy may evolve to using myself to bait the bots into traps.

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
20 minutes ago, my13 said:

every time it has been the red team going to 0, and just after I have fought through the tough dd's and cruisers going for points with just about to kill a bb or cv, thus depriving me of points. I have never had this happen until about the last month or so, at least not that I noticed, and it was the one rule people mentioned I didnt know existed, and one I wish they would get rid of for the red bot team. I have had this end a battle in as little as 3 min with half of eneny ships left (I didnt have replay of this battle, so I assume it was the 0 rule that ended it even though I dont know how with half enemy ships left)

and I was wondering about what you have called killer bots, lately it seems the whole red team will attach me even if there are much better or closer targets available, often getting the red bot killed by torps/shots from a closer ship. gotten to the point my strategy may evolve to using myself to bait the bots into traps.

At any level of aggressiveness, the bots like shooting and chasing DDs. Unless you break contact and they start shooting at someone else, they will chase and follow a DD.

In one PvE game, I went up the middle of the map in a T5ish DD, IIRC. I got spotted and started running to the right of spawn. The whole passel of red bots, turned and followed along like it was a conga line shooting at me the whole time. Made it easier for the rest of the team to get points, but I got training in dodging. :Smile_teethhappy:

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,858 posts
6,855 battles
47 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

At any level of aggressiveness, the bots like shooting and chasing DDs. Unless you break contact and they start shooting at someone else, they will chase and follow a DD.

In one PvE game, I went up the middle of the map in a T5ish DD, IIRC. I got spotted and started running to the right of spawn. The whole passel of red bots, turned and followed along like it was a conga line shooting at me the whole time. Made it easier for the rest of the team to get points, but I got training in dodging. :Smile_teethhappy:

yet more evidence of the link between most players and scripted AI... if you're a minotaur out in the open, you can get real live players to follow you around the map, just like you describe, while your teammates cap everything behind them

players and bots both seem to typically have the same programming when they see an "easy" kill...

giphy.gif

[PVE]
Members
9,542 posts
7,451 battles
2 minutes ago, Shadeylark said:

yet more evidence of the link between most players and scripted AI... if you're a minotaur out in the open, you can get real live players to follow you around the map, just like you describe, while your teammates cap everything behind them

players and bots both seem to typically have the same programming when they see an "easy" kill...

giphy.gif

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

I don't have a Minotaur as I have the Pensacola as my highest tech tree ship. I know that they don't do that for Tirpitz, Atago, Prinz Eugen, & Alabama, but do they do that for any other lower tier ship? :Smile_child::Smile_izmena: :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
8 hours ago, my13 said:

Not new, but not a super common occurrence. (in my experience anyway)