Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher7_1944

Congratulations!

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

432
[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts

  Good job!  You've finally managed to bump Kawachi off of it's "worst T3 BB ever" pedestal.

  The new loser is Bellerophon.   My god- this ship is utter crap!  And I don't make that statement lightly.   Between the ungodly slow turret traverse, and the slow reload, it's ridiculously hard to rack up any appreciable damage.  The lack of maneuverability just adds icing to the cake, as you can't even turn to keep your guns on target.

UGH!!  I may just as well use up some of those ram flags I never use, and simply play human torpedo until it's done.   That's about the only way to do much with this turd.

1/10.  Definitely skip this, and go strait to Orion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,952
[HINON]
Supertester
19,264 posts
12,815 battles

The fact that over the past two weeks the Bellerophon rakes in more than a % higher WR and more than 150% of the DPG of Kawachi tells me it's not the ship that's the problem here.

CwMrUvQ.jpg

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
820
[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,600 battles

If slow turret traverse turns you off, might as well leave the tech tree.

 

 

 

What's wrong with Kawachi anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts
17 minutes ago, Unabletony said:

If slow turret traverse turns you off, might as well leave the tech tree.

 

 

 

What's wrong with Kawachi anyway?

  I kind of liked it, but it garners by far the most grumbles of all the tier 3's.   And was universally considered the least good of the 3.

  I've noticed the slow traverse on Iron Duke, too- but it seems to matter less there.  I consistently rack up a ton of damage in that ship- provided the "torpedo kids" don't show up and end the match in 4 minutes or less.   Also the secondaries on Duke are almost Nassau level of hillarious- I welcome BB's to get right in close!  Brawls in that ship are FUN!  It's also fairly accurate at range- I have no problem raining Fires and destruction down on ships far away.  (One shotting cruisers with HE is just funny)  

  Tier 3 dispersion makes those long shots somewhat less fun...  Hell, it makes even close shots less fun, if we face facts,lol.  I strongly suspect that my gun crews are drunk or forget to add most of the powder bags a lot of the time- some of those shots are just sad...  Like the shells were just tossed out.

  This one sees mainly small maps, where short range brawls are frequent. (given the bot's penchant for charging right in.)  I find myself spending far too much time waiting for my guns to turn so I can shoot.   They've charged right at me- so keeping my distance isn't an option, nor is turning away.

   Nassau has better turning radius AND rudder shift to crank the ship around, faster traverse, and the secondaries to beat up the enemy while you wait.  It also has 22.2 second reload compared to Bell's 30 seconds.

  So-Cal has faster turrets, a tiny turning radius, faster rudder shift, same 30 second reload, and a couple of knots slower.   I can live with the speed as long as I can keep my guns on target.  She's also surprisingly tough, as long as you don't make citadel bait out of yourself.   So-Cal's AP is also devastating in close range fights.  Bellerophon's is meh, due to the "flavor"   The all centerline turret arrangement means you can do the " 2x2 shuffle" using that excellent maneuverability all day long.

Kawachi is... Interesting.  A very niche ship, but really fun when things work out, and you GET into that niche.   Short range brawls:  That's what Kawachi does.  Unlike the rest of the IJN, you don't have the range to snipe or play midrange.  This is all get close and wreck things!  My kinda ship,lol.   I can totally understand why so many Randoms guys hate it- it's ALL wrong for the meta there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
820
[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,600 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  I kind of liked it, but it garners by far the most grumbles of all the tier 3's.   And was universally considered the least good of the 3.

  I've noticed the slow traverse on Iron Duke, too- but it seems to matter less there.  I consistently rack up a ton of damage in that ship- provided the "torpedo kids" don't show up and end the match in 4 minutes or less.   Also the secondaries on Duke are almost Nassau level of hillarious- I welcome BB's to get right in close!  Brawls in that ship are FUN!  It's also fairly accurate at range- I have no problem raining Fires and destruction down on ships far away.  (One shotting cruisers with HE is just funny)  

  Tier 3 dispersion makes those long shots somewhat less fun...  Hell, it makes even close shots less fun, if we face facts,lol.  I strongly suspect that my gun crews are drunk or forget to add most of the powder bags a lot of the time- some of those shots are just sad...  Like the shells were just tossed out.

  This one sees mainly small maps, where short range brawls are frequent. (given the bot's penchant for charging right in.)  I find myself spending far too much time waiting for my guns to turn so I can shoot.   They've charged right at me- so keeping my distance isn't an option, nor is turning away.

   Nassau has better turning radius AND rudder shift to crank the ship around, faster traverse, and the secondaries to beat up the enemy while you wait.  It also has 22.2 second reload compared to Bell's 30 seconds.

  So-Cal has faster turrets, a tiny turning radius, faster rudder shift, same 30 second reload, and a couple of knots slower.   I can live with the speed as long as I can keep my guns on target.  She's also surprisingly tough, as long as you don't make citadel bait out of yourself.   So-Cal's AP is also devastating in close range fights.  Bellerophon's is meh, due to the "flavor"   The all centerline turret arrangement means you can do the " 2x2 shuffle" using that excellent maneuverability all day long.

Kawachi is... Interesting.  A very niche ship, but really fun when things work out, and you GET into that niche.   Short range brawls:  That's what Kawachi does.  Unlike the rest of the IJN, you don't have the range to snipe or play midrange.  This is all get close and wreck things!  My kinda ship,lol.   I can totally understand why so many Randoms guys hate it- it's ALL wrong for the meta there.

The Bell has armot everywhere, perfect fot brawlinh, and I would play her if I could .w. need to save for Amagi!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts
29 minutes ago, Unabletony said:

The Bell has armot everywhere, perfect fot brawlinh, and I would play her if I could .w. need to save for Amagi!

  It WOULD be perfect for brawling- if it could keep it's guns on target.    Like an RU DD, it needs to keep it's distance in order to keep guns on target- otherwise, you'll be constantly waiting for your guns.  The other key is that RN BB's paid for that awesome HE with not-so-good AP rounds.

  In the current DPM uber alles environment I play in in pve- that's the kiss of death.  Damage over time is great- IF the matches last long enough for it to accumulate, and they normally don't in pve.   You're competing with torpy DD's; torp cruisers, and high dpm cruisers to get anything done.   That's why I coined the term torpedo kids- it describes their primary playstyle:  super aggressive torp spamming, like kids high on sugar.  Anything that slows you down in dealing damage hurts.   Lately, the average game lasts appx 5 minutes.  Most of the bots are dead in the first 3.   All tier 3 BB's are annoying to play in that arena- this one is just more annoying,lol.

  I had to abandon grinding RN ships (all low tier atm) today- just for my own sanity's sake.   Much better luck- and more fun- was had grinding Algerie, and using Alabama to buff my Monty captain.  I even managed to get TWO of Algerie's slow 9km torp salvos off- with no allies anywhere in the danger area ( and that NEVER happens,lol)- and hit something at range.  That Mutsu ended up flooding to death from it right after he killed me- for my 3rd kill of the match.  I normally don't use those torps, because they ARE so slow and long ranged, and there is ALWAYS someone green in the area.

The higher tiers seem to be less infested with hyperactive torp spammers today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
508
[LOU1]
Members
3,072 posts
8,161 battles

Didn't realize you were referring to PvE at first.  Slow turrets are a big problem in that arena.  The stats are interesting, though.  Here is the all time for PvE:

 

Ye8ZCSH.png

 

 

This is for the last two weeks.  Interesting that the Konig Albert and Kawachi don't seem to have been played:

 

RrGmBn3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,827 posts
9,948 battles

:Smile_popcorn:

 

I found that it is amusing, often baby crier due to play at STOCK ...

There a couple of way to mitigate the slow turret transverse speed; but it no point to discuss here since someone already had made up their mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[WOLF9]
Members
3,256 posts
4 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Didn't realize you were referring to PvE at first.  Slow turrets are a big problem in that arena.  The stats are interesting, though.  Here is the all time for PvE:

 

Ye8ZCSH.png

 

 

This is for the last two weeks.  Interesting that the Konig Albert and Kawachi don't seem to have been played:

 

RrGmBn3.png

  Well, I know that I, for one, haven't played the Konig Albert in ages.  So long ago I can't remember it, lol. (forgot I even had it!)  I always liked Nassau better.

Kawachi I ended up selling.  I (re) discovered this when I went to compare stats today.  I never played it anyway, so it made sense to free up the port slot and upgrades.   Speaking of which, my port could do with a pruning- or else I may have to-gasp- BUY port slots,lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×