Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

When should I deploy the fighter on the Kuma?

7 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
354 posts
3,893 battles

Watched a few videos on the topic Peacekeeper seems to deploy the fighter more as a scout plane than as a defense against red planes and he deploys it early.

My gut tells me to wait until I need a fighter, but I have died before ever launching the plane.

Am I being too conservative in my deployment of this new (for me) tool?

[_ARP_]
Supertester
11,944 posts
3,934 battles

Problem with Kuma is that you only get 1 fighter by default, compared to the 3 you get on Furutaka so you have to use it sparingly.

[SYN]
Members
14,448 posts
10,425 battles

You can use it to see behind blind corners, like islands, if you have no friendly ship spotting around the corner for you, but are also unsure if there is a ship there.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,835 battles

Don't be one of those who launch immediately at spawn, but feel free to use it when going through islands or if you suspect a DD in the area.  Honestly, not all that useful as a fighter but really useful as a scout.

• Cool 1

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,087 posts
7,639 battles

Launch your fighter when you have a lot of islands around you cutting off line of sight.  This way you can keep spotting enemy ships using the islands as cover.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

If you know you are about to die and you have the fighter available for launch, send it up. This will help keep the enemy spotted for your team until it is shot down.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
On 10/8/2017 at 11:40 AM, MrDeaf said:

You can use it to see behind blind corners, like islands, if you have no friendly ship spotting around the corner for you, but are also unsure if there is a ship there.

this.

Sign in to follow this