You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

More Dynamic Crosshair options please

11 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Something easy for the devs! Yup!

Could you give us more variety on the dynamic crosshair? Like BOLD or a couple different bright colors? I just tried static in bold yellow. While it looks uhm, atrocious, visibility is superb. 

The current dynamic crosshair is anemic to say the least. Please give us some new options, like white, yellow, neon green, birght blue, heck even bright purple. Would be "awesome" if we could select the color from a color palette then the presentation (standard, bold). Pass those two parms to the crosshairs and we be happy. 

tia fyc

• Cool 2

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
656 posts
7,974 battles

I've been using the dynamic crosshairs since they were originally modded.  A few additional colors would be welcomed.

• Cool 1

[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
5,764 battles

Dynamic crosshairs aren't the only crosshairs? Lol.

It would be nice to have some variety.

[SW]
[SW]
Members
131 posts
16,988 battles

I totally agree.  Yellow would be nice.  I have a mod that makes the time and distance to the target as yellow and I see them much better.  Some of the maps, when looking a certain way (into the sunlight) are blinding and hard for these ole eyes to see, so if the dynamic crosshair was yellow it might help.  

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Shoot... they could probably do it in a day or two... c'mon WoWS/WG, can we haz cheezbuhgers? ! 

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,881 battles
On 10/8/2017 at 11:13 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

Something easy for the devs! Yup!

Could you give us more variety on the dynamic crosshair? Like BOLD or a couple different bright colors? I just tried static in bold yellow. While it looks uhm, atrocious, visibility is superb. 

The current dynamic crosshair is anemic to say the least. Please give us some new options, like white, yellow, neon green, birght blue, heck even bright purple. Would be "awesome" if we could select the color from a color palette then the presentation (standard, bold). Pass those two parms to the crosshairs and we be happy. 

tia fyc

Something easy is them is taking the time to whitelist the .dll files for Reshade and they won't even do that

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I know... they are probably like other software companies... put their schedule together way in advance then really aren't keen on changing it... if someone gets something done sooner than expected they can work on stuff like that perhaps? But having worked at software companies, you find folks are almost always shooting to be on time, exactly  or as close to exactly as possible. Can't say that's the way it is here... but could be? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

i believe there's a mod in their 'offical' modpack that adds a small info tag for the current red target. It's very, very handy. Tells you mb range, etc... 

[414TH]
Members
342 posts
4,417 battles

I'd welcome the suggestions already made. 

I'd also like to see a few more static crosshair options that are calibrated to ships moving laterally at 30 knots.  Currently, only the Type 12 crosshair is calibrated for 30 knots.  All the other static ones are calibrated for a ship moving laterally at 20 knots.