Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

How much do you fire your guns now? (Impact of GUN BLOOOOM)

Gun BLOOM (DDs only)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you fire your guns now? (Non RU DD)

• Never ever
    • Only ever in smoke, never at all in the open
    • Sometimes while becoming detected
    • Commonly while becoming detected
    • Only when about to die, and then usually die
    • I use rocks to avoid being detected, and fire often
  2. 2. How much gun damage do you average? (Non RU DD)

3. 3. How much do you fire your guns now? RU DDs only

• Never ever
    • Only ever in smoke, never at all in the open
    • Sometimes while becoming detected
    • Commonly while becoming detected
    • Only when about to die, and then usually die
    • I use rocks to avoid being detected, and fire often
  4. 4. How much gun damage do you average? (Non RU DD)

5. 5. Average Damage in DDs at T5-8

6. 6. How is the design of the game right now for DDs?

16 comments in this topic

[FLEUR]
Members
29 posts
7,006 battles

Your question 4 probably should be for RU DDs only, as opposed to a carbon copy of question 2.

Members
603 posts
7,085 battles

please don't judge me for voting "never ever" fire my guns in RU DD.....cos I have never ever play one yet so far.

[FYL]
Members
610 posts
5,489 battles

6. How is the design of the game right now for DDs?

It's bad because of radar/sonar spam, not the gun bloom change

[FOXEH]
Members
3,349 posts
12,081 battles

I use guns all the time and even in my IJN DD. Doing so forces red BB into a "life altering" course change to present a broadside to friendly BB.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,222 battles
14 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I use guns all the time and even in my IJN DD. Doing so forces red BB into a "life altering" course change to present a broadside to friendly BB.

KInd of like Khafni says; I fire my guns when I need to; even on IJN DDs like Mutsuki.

Didn't do survey. Some questions didn't have an applicable answer, and some are about things that don't aplly to me because I don't have or play the ships.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,722 posts
8,237 battles
On 08/10/2017 at 9:44 AM, SkyRail said:

please don't judge me for voting "never ever" fire my guns in RU DD.....cos I have never ever play one yet so far.

Heresy ! Every single person in this game have....or rather MUST play RU DD [edited].

Since I have several answers depending on the DD i play, i'll just write here.

-Akizuki : I only fire my guns if : a DD is near me and if a BB is coming my way and i'm 10km away from him. I'm basically kitting away and trying to start some fire. If i'm targetted by 2 or more, i'll just stop shooting. I use my smoke to shoot if I can but i would rather avoid this method considering how bad Akizuki turn and how bad her acceleration is without speed boost. I also shoot over rock and island if i can.

-Kagerou / Yuugumo : I only fire my guns if i'm about to get spotted by a DD coming my way and if all my back guns are already on the target. Otherwise i just move away and wait for the guns to turn. I only engage DD while kitting away, shooting other target isn't rewarding enough (except if i'm sure i can finish him off). I don't often fire my guns using smoke or island since the damage output against everything that is not a DD is meh . 

Right now the design of the game is kinda stupid for DD. We are supposed to counter BB and be countered by CL/CV. Yet right now we are countered by BB with good concealment, accuracy and radar (aka Missouri), we are countered by BB with stupid long range secondary and hydro preventing torps, we are countered by the amount of aircraft (from CV or catapult aircraft) able to perma spot every single torps in the water, we are countered by BB AP full pen .  I don't mind having to deal with radar or hydro, i'm used to now, it's annoying but once the ship is spotted, you can more or less guess where the treat will come. What really makes me angry is to see how strong the class we are supposed to counter becomes.  Torps are a treat to BB so they put Vigilance as a commander perk, it still a treat for your average potato so they nerf it but it still not enough, well let's put a line with secondary able to shoot you before you can even reach your torps range and let's put hydro to even more increase the effectiveness of torps.  Smoke are treat to every BB, even though we agreed to not put into the game BB with radar, let's make an exception and put it on a well known ship : the Missouri. It's just an exception....

Spoiler

nah just kidding let's put it on RN BB for testing, actually we ran out of idea. Yes they removed the radar on RN BB but it doesn't change the fact that they were seriously planning on putting BB with radar (we know what to expect from RU BB or the next BB line).

I also think there is another issue but it's off topic. if you still wanna read it though...

Spoiler

Another issue with DD is the constant powercreep. The introduction of Pan Asia destroyer is basically a marriage between US engineering and gun power and IJN torps. It still a WIP line but I can already see this line replacing the current IJN and/or US DD. Give IJN DD the same amount of gunpower an US DD have and reduce their torps detection and you have probably the best all rounded DD. Well guess what, this is what the Pan Asia line will be. Why playing IJN DD when you have a line able to do the same job with a better damage output and survivability thanks to better guns (and actually better torps) ? Why play US DD when you can have the same gun power with better torps ? For smoke ? it's just a radar and torps traps. 

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I didn't vote because I didn't want to skew the numbers pertaining to damage. 

I hold fire until I absolutely have to, or I'm behind an island, or in smoke.It all depends on the situation.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
514 posts
4,670 battles

I used to stealth fire some with my USN and IJN DDs between torpedo reloads, and while it didn't account for much damage it did occasionally light a fire or two and give me something to do.  Now I only fire from smoke or if I'm in a situation where I'm either going into cover so I can let off some shots and be gone before they have time to react, or the enemy is occupied wither other ships and probably about to die.  I dunno if it's due to the changes or my working up the KM line but I've also learned to be a lot more aggressive with smoke/firing out of smoke, though I did and still do consider torpedoes to be the number one means of damage on all my non-RU destroyers.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:18 AM, Khafni said:

Not to mention most players are emotionally incapable of taking fire without returning it, which just spots them for everyone on my team.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,349 posts
12,081 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Not to mention most players are emotionally incapable of taking fire without returning it, which just spots them for everyone on my team.

I am actually quite close to being that person, unfortunately...

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
27 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I am actually quite close to being that person, unfortunately...

Hey, kettle, just between you and me, your old friend pot; about our color scheme ...

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Basically when playing my USN DDs I only fire when i've already been detected, and I never fire from smoke (HATE the invisifire mechanic and refuse to use it). Right now the only thing that really makes DDs crappy to play is Radar. Greatly reduce the range of radar and DDs become viable again.

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,240 battles
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Basically when playing my USN DDs I only fire when i've already been detected, and I never fire from smoke (HATE the invisifire mechanic and refuse to use it). Right now the only thing that really makes DDs crappy to play is Radar. Greatly reduce the range of radar and DDs become viable again.

You'd probably double your average damage per battle and help your team more if you did... :Smile_sceptic:

Beta Testers
41 posts
2,122 battles
On 10/10/2017 at 3:20 PM, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

why are you playing american destroyers if not to be a smokeshitter. you are gimping yourself and by extension your team. go play russian or japanese destroyers or something.

otherwise, agree that DD is quite fun until radar gets involved. radar exists entirely to crapall over DDs though, so whatever.

[DD214]
Members
757 posts

Questions don't quite line up with my playstyle. I use guns in non-RU DDs only when it won't get me deleted, and mostly stealth torp. For RU DDs T8-10 I dance and hit at range through-out the game and do 60-160K dmg. The snub-nosed fish on the Khab have made me use guns even more to scare off reds near caps, but still ambush or rush and get fish-kills. 

Sign in to follow this