You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PinkoCommieScumbag

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya stage 3 not possible for my ships

66 comments in this topic

Members
44 posts
849 battles

Hello. I am trying to do the missions to earn the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya. I was able to finish the first two stages without a problem, however in stage 3 I must shoot down 20 planes. This to me seems impossible because with my ships, no aircraft are shot down ever. My highest ship right now is the Minsk and that won't even shoot down spotter planes no matter how much I try. Why would they make a mission if it can't be accomplished unless you play the right kind of ship that not everyone may play?

[HINON]
Members
9,047 posts

Just get a T4 cv and kill planes. Also it's not a rush, there are plenty of days left to finish that task.

• Cool 1

Members
130 posts
7,060 battles
11 minutes ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

Why would they make a mission if it can't be accomplished unless you play the right kind of ship that not everyone may play?

...so you want them to cater to your ships and only your ships amirite?

26cbeel.jpg

Edited by HMS_Battleship_Vanguard
  • Cool 3

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,399 battles

I keep a CV in my port just for missions that require them or that are easier for them.  Otherwise, I usually don't play them.  

• Cool 3

Members
44 posts
849 battles
11 minutes ago, Unabletony said:

Over any battles. It doesn't have to be in one battle.

no, I understand this. But I never shoot down a single plane even when 2 squads on T6 fighters hover above me permanently.

Members
44 posts
849 battles
8 minutes ago, HMS_Battleship_Vanguard said:

...so you want them to cater to your ships and only your ships amirite?

Reveal hidden contents

26cbeel.jpg

How did you gather this from what I said? I said they should make them accessible for all ships. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
780 posts
4,463 battles

is your ship fully upgraded

Members
130 posts
7,060 battles
2 minutes ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

How did you gather this from what I said? I said they should make them accessible for all ships. 

i dunno, Cruisers, Battleships, Carriers and some DDs are good at plane killing.

yet because you're using minsk of all things.

The mission should cater to you.

Seems legit

Edited by HMS_Battleship_Vanguard

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
22 minutes ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

Hello. I am trying to do the missions to earn the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya. I was able to finish the first two stages without a problem, however in stage 3 I must shoot down 20 planes. This to me seems impossible because with my ships, no aircraft are shot down ever. My highest ship right now is the Minsk and that won't even shoot down spotter planes no matter how much I try. Why would they make a mission if it can't be accomplished unless you play the right kind of ship that not everyone may play?

I finished mine with the Yubari,  Use low tier ships if you have to.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
780 posts
4,463 battles

keep trying you might see a change with it fully upgraded

Members
44 posts
849 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_Battleship_Vanguard said:

i dunno, Cruisers, Battleships, Carriers and some DDs are good at plane killing.

yet because you're using minsk of all things.

The mission should cater to you.

Seems legit

I said nothing about it catering to me, but should at least be accessible to me.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,492 battles
Just now, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

I said nothing about it catering to me, but should at least be accessible to me.

They cannot make the missions accessible to everyone.  Where do they stop?  If they are going to think that way, then they have to make all missions completable in a Tier I.  I sympathize that you're kinda stuck - I was in a similar situation with the first ARP missions.  But that's just how it works.  As others have said, your best bet now is to get into a T4 CV, Langley is probably better than Hosho for this but whichever one you can get to faster will do.

Members
412 posts
17,016 battles

the best ship for any given mission is not always the highest tier that you have

its up to you to figure out what ship that you have would allow you to do the mission,  and if no ship that you have is good, then you need to try to get one that you can do it in, either by grinding a line, or doing the wallet warrior thing

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

Not necessarily.  Use the ship that is best at AA for it's tier.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,699 battles
33 minutes ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

My highest ship right now is the Minsk and that won't even shoot down spotter planes no matter how much I try.

You're pretty new to the game, to get AA kills you're going to need to push up other lines than just the Russian DD line.

Best to head for Cruisers to get AA kills.

Kirov has decent AA at an achievable tier but you won't get many kills on the way to it.

Otherwise probably best to aim for Cleveland, you can get a bunch of AA kills with Phoenix & Omaha along the way.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

Your problem is, that you don't play anything other than DDs.  DD's have crap for AA.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
1 minute ago, hoom said:

You're pretty new to the game, to get AA kills you're going to need to push up other lines than just the Russian DD line.

Best to head for Cruisers to get AA kills.

Kirov has decent AA at an achievable tier but you won't get many kills on the way to it.

Otherwise probably best to aim for Cleveland, you can get a bunch of AA kills with Phoenix & Omaha along the way.

His problem is that he has 3 games that aren't in DD's, and those are T1's.

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
570 posts
3,356 battles

Your best option is getting yourself a langley. T4 american carrier, fighters outclass hosho's.