You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Speedstang

Can someone please explain this... (Weekend Teams Rage)

39 comments in this topic

[ADAPT]
Members
929 posts
14,714 battles

statzzz...ive been over a year at 53%...never increase or decrease..just stagnate at that points. win then lose some win again..still 53%...who cares...just a stat..but dumb weekend is real..just too much to take.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,379 battles
1 hour ago, knice_destroyer said:

I agree with you man.  I blame most of it to wallet warriors without putting games under their belt first.

I blame others....

https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1022618741-knice_destroyer/

the ones who complain and are part of the problem at the same time.......
I do recall this was brought up a few weeks ago...
AND the MM doesn't KNOW how to put you in a team to lose... it doesnt know that YOU will be the ONLY ONE of twelve experienced players that will be the only one fighting... lol....
ANYWAY, this topic gets older by the month..

You are always on the team you win or lose with... but no one ever comes here ranting about all the games they won in a 12 game stint.....
LOSING IS THE TEAMS FAULT, WINNING IS MINE!!!!!

iVJQOQJ.jpg

Edited by pmgaudio

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,991 battles
41 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

I blame others....

https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1022618741-knice_destroyer/

the ones who complain and are part of the problem at the same time.......
I do recall this was brought up a few weeks ago...
AND the MM doesn't KNOW how to put you in a team to lose... it doesnt know that YOU will be the ONLY ONE of twelve experienced players that will be the only one fighting... lol....
ANYWAY, this topic gets older by the month..

You are always on the team you win or lose with... but no one ever comes here ranting about all the games they won in a 12 game stint.....
LOSING IS THE TEAMS FAULT, WINNING IS MINE!!!!!

iVJQOQJ.jpg

Hey big guy I never professed to be great at this game and my stats are getting better, hell I have even admitted my stats suck.  But you had to go ahead and make this a personal attack as you do with most of your posts on this forum.  And by the way your stats aren't great either my man.  I haven't personally attacked you or your stats but if it makes you feel like a big man go right ahead. dark.png  

Oh look I can do that too.. Look everyone look at this guy!!!! NO [edited] YOU GET OVER YOURSELF. Good Day!!!

• Cool 1

[HOTEL]
Members
2,000 posts
6,889 battles

If you want to win consistently, there is only one thing you can do. Play in 3 man divs with good or better players.

I played 17 rounds today. Here's what happened.

Solo: 1413 WTR, 33% WR, 73.5k average DMG, average tier 7.1.

3 man div: 1625 WTR, 75% WR, 62.9k average DMG, average tier 7.9.

Play generally worse at a higher tier, win because unicum div. Play better on shitter teams, lose embarrassingly.

• Cool 1

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,294 posts
7,849 battles

Overall, I think I do well enough (solo mind you), that I can pull my horrid teams up at times enough to maintain 55.25% WR right now.

The worst teams I get are Tier X shows (which I generally ssume is a loss out of the gate, too much OP CAs and DDs which I have zero ability to counter), followed by Tier IX (which is bad but not at bad as Tier X). I prefer the Tier VII play (sweet spot in this game imho), and dabble in Tier VIII, I have no desire to grind anything higher. The only Tier IX I have is FdG (which I actually like), and no Tier Xs. I use 19 pt Captains on all my ships.

I don't believe I am any candidate for Clan or team play, so I pretty much lone wolf it. Which is fine, try to capitalize on an MM granted win streak and quit when it's bad.

Eh, whatever.

[ADR]
Members
872 posts
6,107 battles

One thing to keep in mind is often when your team is losing if you are a average or better player you will actually do more damage than on wins often. It is because your team is losing which means fewer allies shooting at the enemy and more hp on the enemy team for you to shoot at until they finally kill you.

But i do agree weekend and prime time I see a lot more blow out games. Wins or loses, which ever team loses tends to get stomped a lot more often. Oddly I find middle of the afternoon during the week to be where most of my hard fought close games come from.

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,294 posts
7,849 battles
22 minutes ago, awildseaking said:

Play in 3 man divs with good or better players.

That's just it. MM deals "interesting" hands, usually when I am winning too much. Surrounding yourself with equally skilled players tends to up your chances (only if you are good).

Most good players will NOT usually div with anyone else who is not also comparably good because of the fact that the player base is so bad in general now, that having two other good players on your team, guaranteed, easily tips the scales in your favor. It only takes one or two bad players to ruin a match. Good players mostly will ONLY div with players of equal or better skill (backed by stats to prove it) or clan members of equal skill (and most good clans are very exclusive). Hence, you get what we have just like with WoT.

It's not a bad thing, it's just what it is.

Personally, I don't have time to chum up with people I don't know online, and have no friends interested in this kind of game, so, I just play the best I can as a distraction from life and leave it at that.

• Cool 1

[HOTEL]
Members
2,000 posts
6,889 battles
Just now, TheGirlFromIpanema said:

That's just it. MM deals "interesting" hands, usually when I am winning too much. Surrounding yourself with equally skilled players tends to up your chances (only if you are good).

Most good players will NOT usually div with anyone else who is not also comparably good because of the fact that player base is so bad in general, having two other good players on your team, guaranteed, easily tips the scales in your favor. It only takes one or two bad players to ruin a match. Good players mostly will ONLY div with players of equal or better skill (backed by stats to prove it) or clan members of equal skill (and most good clans are very exclusive). Hence, you get what we have just like with WoT.

It's not a bad thing, it's just what it is.

Personally, I don't have time to chum up with people I don't know online, and have no friends interested in this kind of game, so, I just play the best I can as a distraction from life and leave it at that.

Well said, but I differ on what I think of this system. I think it's extremely bad for the general population that divs matter this much. Especially with clan sizes being so heavily constrained, it is hard for ordinary players to find a good clan. Many of us come from pre-existing networks or forums that enable us to organize with highly skilled players, but if I were a new player with no connections, I would be subject to the randomness of matchmaking against highly skilled divs. God bless clans that put in money for multiple subs that go out and openly recruit new players, but in general, a clan that could help a new player improve will never accept a new player. They might take in a few if they know the person, but at least for now, only the best and most active players are in top clans because everyone is grinding oil to get more members.

When you can win 70-90% of your games in a division and play regularly, that increases randomness for the average player that isn't in a div. That's a bunch of people you're giving an auto loss. Those kinds of losses are demoralizing and often put an end to massive loss streaks. Not because those average players win the next game, but because they quit and stop playing. While I could be blinded by bias here, I am only average in WoT so I see what it's like to be on the receiving end of the best players. It's never fun. If you're going to take an hour or two to play a few games, you don't want all of them to be stacked. That encourages you not to come back, which bleeds the server out.

More skilled players need to criticize the current div system. It forces WG to admit that they can't fall back on the git gud argument, which forces them to take action and fix divs (and matchmaking in general).

Beta Testers
1,229 posts
8,722 battles

"Carriers that don't move"

Don't you love these guys? Past few weekends I've seen a much larger population of mid tier CVs which consist of either some jerk who plays nothing but a Kaga with a 70% WR , or some scrub who does nothing but chase cruisers and DDs and runs out of planes half match.

Then there's the CVs who drop anchor and never move the entire match no matter what. Minimap? Wazzat? 

I liked the Leander. Deck it out with camo and concealment skills and play it like a big Russian DD.

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles

For the longest time and even somewhat now I only play on the weekend and only solo.  I feel that the weekend players aren't necessarily responsible for the bad play.  Yes, the worst players I've seen have been from on the weekend, but at the same time my weekend games are the vast majority of my games.  That aside, I feel that a lot of my games are brought down by players that complain about the weekend.  They valuye self preservation and the chance to get to the late game where damage is a little more safe, but this guts the team's ability to do much.  Missing a BB from a push is critical.   A lot of my bad weekend matches are from players that play overly passive and complain about the team dying or play out of position and complain about the rest of the team.  In some cases they have a point, in most they don't.

Statistically speaking, my winrate is slumping.  Part of that is the fact that I am too aggressive in this super passive meta, but I am also playing a lot of new ships and retraining my captains.  Maybe I haven't played enough games during the week or just don't notice the blowouts as much because I'm already having mediocre games and am probably dead.

Edited by AhosChaos

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,379 battles
5 hours ago, knice_destroyer said:

Hey big guy I never professed to be great at this game and my stats are getting better, hell I have even admitted my stats suck.  But you had to go ahead and make this a personal attack as you do with most of your posts on this forum.  And by the way your stats aren't great either my man.  I haven't personally attacked you or your stats but if it makes you feel like a big man go right ahead. dark.png

Oh look I can do that too.. Look everyone look at this guy!!!! NO [edited] YOU GET OVER YOURSELF. Good Day!!!

I NEVER attacked your stats... just pointed out they are hidden, as will lots of people, when you rant about other players being CRAP and you have no credibility in the post....So it was not a personal attack, OR stat shaming... like you did, and those rules I tend to not break.. but you went and did it..ng in the forums about me
Anyway.... I never once posted anything in the forums about being a great player.. I always admit the mediocrity of my stats...

that being said...I also really dont attack anyone here (that does not deserve it, and clearly, some people do..
SO as far as me getting over myself, take a look around... take a look at the Thread and the OP, and yourself...
ITS A GAME... and if you are going to complain about ELEVEN random strangers not being the reason you win, EVERY TIME YOU LOSE.... perhaps theres more going on here than random potato players....YOU and him BOTH kinda deserve a little pointing out...

I got crappy games all day yesterday, but I never said every loss was the teams fault... and that 6 ship kill game was not MY fault we won,,, but it helped...
so next time take a joke, and take the fact that you nor I nor half the people that play this game are good enough to EVER complain about the team....

have a nice day, I hope things are better today.....you kind of t\ook this GAME a little too personal when I was not being personal.... My mistake actually.. Thinking people are just here for the fun,.,..

Edited by pmgaudio

[WOLF9]
Members
3,633 posts

Yep, I had a few epic fail games yesterday- including one memorable single hit, 0 damage, over in 4.5 minutes rage inducer.   It was wall to wall "torpedo kids" yesterday.   You know, the hyper aggressive torpedo spammers that wipe out the reds in under 5 minutes and make it impossible for anyone else to do anything?

In another, I had some doof in an Oktober who was glued to me the whole match.  He hit me twice, 90 degree turned right in front of me; blocked me from firing; and just as I found an enemy BB willing to fight, and a clear lane of fire- this twerp rams it to death, then lol's in chat...

Ship after ship, tier after tier I could not get away from these people...  I ended up shutting off the game in complete disgust, as playing was a complete waste of time and was costing me credits.  Not going to PAY for $hitty games and frustration.

Believe me, the dummies and irritating types aren't limited to randoms- all of this was in pve.    And before anyone says it- most of the posts above mine accurately describe several of the reasons I choose to avoid pvp most of the time.  That's what I get, too.   Win one, lose 2, win another, lose 3, etc.  Watching your teammates do completely bizarre things that hand the other team the win on a silver platter all the while, etc. 

And this was during the week.

At least I was able to knock out the first three Oktober missions very quickly.

All this aside, there was a CLEAR demarcation line between morning games and afternoon/evening games.  In the AM, I played mainly Danae, and Iron Duke- doing the UK missions.  I actually managed to grind Danae in 1.2 days. (one game yesterday got me the last 1.2k xp needed)  Padding my credit pool quite nicely with all those UK mission credits.   Then I had stuff to do and logged off.

When I came back, I was greeted with what I described above.  Which, to be honest, is what I've come to expect from Saturdays.  Fridays are often fun, Sundays are mostly good- Saturdays almost always suck.