You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Speedstang

Can someone please explain this... (Weekend Teams Rage)

39 comments in this topic

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles

Despite the fact that I completely hate the Leander with a passion, with it being British weekend, I decided to take it out for a few battles.

My WTR now hates me for it, nothing but straight losses and poor teams..... Here's probably one of the worst examples:

Spoiler

4q8adnc.jpg

XRFFZ0m.png

Why. Do. I. Keep. Getting. Teams. Like. This.

The fact that I top-scored with a ridiculously low amount of damage.... Just,  what.... I should've been at the bottom, how bad was everyone else..... 

I don't even know what that Bogue was doing the whole game.

Why can't I have a single decent team.....

Edited by Speedstang

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

So, get ready for some to come in and say there's no difference between Weekends and Weekdays, but I wanna let you know I'm there with ya! :Smile_honoring:

I don't play on weekends anymore btw.

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles
1 minute ago, Wulfgarn said:

So, get ready for some to come in and say there's no difference between Weekends and Weekdays, but I wanna let you know I'm there with ya! :Smile_honoring:

I don't play on weekends anymore btw.

I mean, I have my fair share of poor teams on weekdays, but on weekends it's just nonstop, and typically much worse. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,180 battles

Prime time and weekends are time for win rate farming divisions against people that are high or drunk. Matches are very volatile. For best playing experience play outside 3 to 10 pm.

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,185 battles

If that's the worst team you have all day be thankful. When you get zeroed out in less than five minutes and only have enough time to get 10k damage AND YOU STILL TOP SCORE come and talk to me :)

Members
4,177 posts
15 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

The fact that I top-scored with a ridiculously low amount of damage.... Just,  what.... I should've been at the bottom, how bad was everyone else.....

It does depend on what you were damaging as well.  Doing that much against all DDs is better than doing that much against 1 BB.

Also, keep in mind, for everyone who is having a bad weekend, someone must be having a good one.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles

every game you play..... every team YOU are on.... there YOU are....
You get where this is going???

I know what it "feels" like but 11 other people are not 100% the reason YOU lose....
Relax.... take a break.... carry harder

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 1

Members
4,564 posts
6,496 battles
10 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

I know what it "feels" like but 11 other people are not 100% the reason YOU lose....

Weekends suck....I have made up my mind. It can be ok but it can also be loss after loss after loss.  Ya never know. Lost 6 tonight with 1 win.  Saw guys in BBs that seemed to have NEVER played them   It's a dice roll.  Also on Sat night you can get hooked up with some really impaired people.

PLS...retire "carry harder"  along with "git gud". :Smile_teethhappy:  I actually pleaded with some BBs dudes to come up and get in the fight tonight.....got back....F-you....eat sh#t, etc. Ya.  Common stuff on weekends.  It really is.

Edited by dmckay

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles
5 minutes ago, SalvoSanta said:

If that's the worst team you have all day be thankful. When you get zeroed out in less than five minutes and only have enough time to get 10k damage AND YOU STILL TOP SCORE come and talk to me :)

Oh, that's just the worst today. If you want to talk about absolutely disgusting, here you go:

Spoiler

lNq0YyZ.jpg

T5RXUAt.png

We literally lost in the first 4 minutes that game....

24 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

Oh please, when the entire allied team runs to the edge of the map behind islands at full speed and you're playing a slow carrier, what exactly are you supposed to do? No nearby islands, enemy team pushing hard in your direction.

Or how about when the match just started, you're doing your job, and half the team dies in the span of 3 minutes? The rest of them follow not long after and suddenly it's a 1v10. How do I win that? I'd love an explanation.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles

I'm beginning to believe the guys who say MM looks at your win rate and adjusts your tiering and teammates accordingly.  Some days, it's win after crushing win.  Other days, I'll pull a 152,000 damage high caliber out of my bottom-tier KGV... and the team will still lose.  And once it starts, it's usually 5, 6, 7 losses in a row for some reason.  XD

Edited by DerKrampus

Members
3,471 posts
6,176 battles

I had 3 losses in 5 games thanks to teams who decided a DD and French cruiser would hold a flank by themselves in standard mode.

However - for me - the weekdays are pretty much the same as weekends.

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,982 posts
15,723 battles

Life sucks then you die

chew on that for awhile

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles
16 minutes ago, Speedstang said:

Oh, that's just the worst today. If you want to talk about absolutely disgusting, here you go:

Reveal hidden contents

lNq0YyZ.jpg

T5RXUAt.png

We literally lost in the first 4 minutes that game....

Oh please, when the entire allied team runs to the edge of the map behind islands at full speed and you're playing a slow carrier, what exactly are you supposed to do? No nearby islands, enemy team pushing hard in your direction.

Or how about when the match just started, you're doing your job, and half the team dies in the span of 3 minutes? The rest of them follow not long after and suddenly it's a 1v10. How do I win that? I'd love an explanation.

3wfZfRH.gif

[RLGN]
Members
8,275 posts
17,307 battles
44 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

carry harder

Sorry... That amounts to trying too hard; and always results in my self-destruction...

As a consious act; utterly impossible.

The only times I've ever 'carried' have been times where afterwards I'm all; Huh?!? I did what?!?

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Sorry... That amounts to trying too hard; and always results in my self-destruction...

As a consious act; utterly impossible.

The only times I've ever 'carried' have been times where afterwards I'm all; Huh?!? I did what?!?

sometimes it just means what it means...

roo55GC.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,589 battles

Do the damage missions in Co-Op...  

What happens in Co-Op, STAYS in Co-Op.

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles
19 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

I'm beginning to believe the guys who say MM looks at your win rate and adjusts your tiering and teammates accordingly.  Some days, it's win after crushing win.  Other days, I'll pull a 152,000 damage high caliber out of my bottom-tier KGV... and the team will still lose.  And once it starts, it's usually 5, 6, 7 losses in a row for some reason.  XD

I've had that happen to me too many times, sometimes it feels like MM just wants you to lose no matter how hard you carry, lol.

Some of my notable examples:

Spoiler

zZBcDln.jpg

uDWKEsH.png

Spoiler

wHCbZih.jpg

oC497Vi.png

Spoiler

hphb9UP.jpg

Bde5b4V.jpg

2 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

3wfZfRH.gif

That's not an explanation. The fact of the matter is even the highest super-unicums cannot win a game where everyone playing on their side goes full derp. Granted, they will win closer games more often, but nothing can be done when your team is full of 500 WTR players and the enemy team isn't. Carrying has its limits. Just look at the screenshots above.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,451 posts
8,107 battles

Welcome to my everyday hell, except select days I'm allowed to have a good day and not be spawned alone and obliterated by the whole other team before I can link up with mine or have 11 other players too afraid to enter a cap zone or every other possible rage inducing scenario, this week for me is currently "teammates near or in fact killing me with torps". Most people, it's a weekend thing, school has made it that weekdays proper, less kids who may just derp around, and just generally not that many bad teams. It's only a handful that seem to get the teams where they have to dodge friendly torps, get hit by friendly gunfire, or just have no one play the objective but yourself. Either just have to suck it up and go or stop and play other things. Why I spend a lot of time right now hurling fireballs at monsters in a different game, and lightning... lots of lightning. 

[ADAPT]
Members
828 posts
13,079 battles

more camper more sniper and more freaking coward..how to stop this nightmare...dont play? nope, get salty over chat..relieve tension like i do..

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,617 battles

Well so far today I'm 50% and it does feel like I'm either on a really good team or really bad team

Members
16 posts
5,933 battles

This week's losses has wiped out all my gains in the last 3 weeks of wins. I can't get past 40% win rate after about 40-50 battles... just today I finally got 46% win rate. I notice there is a cycle when I play... a few weeks of winning (like 60-70%) then a few weeks of losing (20-30% wr). Usually it occurs with new updates to the game (new update, win a lot, next update, lose a lot). It is actually rare to even get 50% win rates these days.

During the losing cycles, if there are wins, the team does fight tooth and nail just to win. Very rare are the lop sided wins where green team has 2-3 losses compared to red team at total defeat.