You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Haida this and Haida that; no love for Sackville?

35 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
8,240 posts
17,222 battles

Not meaning any real disrespect to HCMS Haida, and I'll likely get one if it ever comes out; but there is another Canadian warship of note that exists as a museum ship I don't recall being mentioned in the forums; HCMS Sackville, a Flower-class corvette moored as a museum ship at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Various external images;

Spoiler

d1WExt.jpg

vNeMQS.jpg
5pvrxS.jpg
SSQqSe.jpg
ym40Gj.jpg
wG6rcu.jpg

iPhdsd.jpg

hVO1jq.jpg

...and interior shots;

Spoiler

4JvR7d.jpg
2cuWq0.jpg
leMnCf.jpg
aXIKyk.jpg
9lrROS.jpg
nfax72.jpg

As long as it's Lert in the captain's cabin; and not that cat that made all the ships sink...

Spoiler

LXvbga.jpg

Lots of history in a city on the brink of the North Atlantic.

...including one particularly traumatic event in December, 1917.

...and just for FYI; here's the page for HCMS Haida.

• Cool 6

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I read Sackville, and thought of the Sacksville Baggins's. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,240 posts
17,222 battles
18 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Love the old girl. She is the last of her type still afloat in this condition. The only problem is she does not fit in the game!

Yeah... Kind of like that Tier 0.5 Dutch torpedo boat Lert posted about.

Basically only one gun, unless WG says if you're at point-blank range you can throw Hedgehogs at a target...

[-VT3-]
Members
1,625 posts
3,364 battles

All this complaining about "The Taint."  Do you really think the forums would let "Sackville" slide?  :Smile-_tongue:

Seriously though, good writeup.

Edited by DerKrampus

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah... Kind of like that Tier 0.5 Dutch torpedo boat Lert posted about.

Basically only one gun, unless WG says if you're at point-blank range you can throw Hedgehogs at a target...

Roll a 300 lb depth charge set shallow over the side as you pass your BB target at 16 kts at less than 10 meters!:cap_rambo:

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,437 posts
8,085 battles
2 hours ago, Doomlock said:

Yeah, I was gonna make a Hobbit based joke, but couldn't think of a good one.

2 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Love the old girl. She is the last of her type still afloat in this condition. The only problem is she does not fit in the game!

But really this, why I haven't suggested any Irish ships, The closest 3 that are eligible are the same class, and even tier 1 would wreck them. 

Members
1,338 posts
2,701 battles

It's mostly because Sackville was a Corvette with a rather uninteresting service record while Haida was a destroyer who served in multiple wars with the longest kill list of any Canadian Navy ship.

Just sayin'.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not meaning any real disrespect to HCMS Haida

Well, I would say first it's a corvette and won't ever be allowed in-game but you know that; you've played more battles than I have. So, some comments on the ship herself:

1. Who would ever try to cook a meal in that galley under any kind of weather? No wonder they talk so many times of having sandwiches served on convoy duty during storms; things would be flying everywhere in there!

2. Did I see this correctly; the Captains bunk is about 30 inches wide. Tell me this ship handled well in stormy seas!

3. The radio shack looks like a tweakers garage! We take our electronics so much for granted.

4. Love the wooden railing and decking, you don't see that any more, which is too damn bad.

Nice post, Prophet; thank you! (and thumbs up!)

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 08/10/2017 at 2:19 AM, Doomlock said:

I thought of this too XD those damn Sacksville Baggins's, trying to steal all my furniture while I'm away on an adventure!

[WMD]
Members
177 posts
5,081 battles

I don't get the lack of an ONTARIO or QUEBEC... they would be fairly simple to do as they are essentially FIJI sans the 4th turret. Hell make ONTARIO a T6 like BELFAST is a T7 EDINBURGH.

Give me a god damn RUN boat already... looking at two RAN boats in the files already...

Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
On 10/26/2017 at 4:01 PM, WolfofWarship said:

I thought of this too XD those damn Sacksville Baggins's, trying to steal all my furniture while I'm away on an adventure!

Silverware.

They stole the SLIVERWARE. Though, technically, they bought it at auction - and then refused to give it back. 

Because Gandfalf's an [edited]and forgot to put Bilbo's hole into a Trust or something to take care of it while he was away.

1,542 posts
26 battles

@aether_tech if you're trying to be technical, they stole silverware while he was still HOME. He caught them trying to steal it while they were over for dinner, that's why he mentions to Frodo that they had already tried to pinch stuff in the past. It was one of the many reasons he didn't like or trust that side of the family, even after his book make him 'famous'. It was the furniture etc they actually auctioned off when they assumed he was dead

Members
1,559 posts
9,964 battles
11 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

@aether_tech if you're trying to be technical, they stole silverware while he was still HOME. He caught them trying to steal it while they were over for dinner, that's why he mentions to Frodo that they had already tried to pinch stuff in the past. It was one of the many reasons he didn't like or trust that side of the family, even after his book make him 'famous'. It was the furniture etc they actually auctioned off when they assumed he was dead

1,542 posts
26 battles

@STINKWEED_ in the books, they stole silver spoons from the house whenever they were over, thinking they were being sneaky. That's why he ended up giving her spoons as like a 'i know you stole my spoons' moment to embarrass her at his sort of leaving/birthday party. They tried to get his furniture out of the house too because they wanted to move their own furniture into Bag End to try and 'reclaim' it because they felt Bilbo stole it from them in the first place.

I'm a huge fan of the books and movies >__>

Members
1,559 posts
9,964 battles
4 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

@STINKWEED_ in the books, they stole silver spoons from the house whenever they were over, thinking they were being sneaky. That's why he ended up giving her spoons as like a 'i know you stole my spoons' moment to embarrass her at his sort of leaving/birthday party. They tried to get his furniture out of the house too because they wanted to move their own furniture into Bag End to try and 'reclaim' it because they felt Bilbo stole it from them in the first place.

I'm a huge fan of the books and movies >__>

No idea what you are talking about. Who? what?  spoons?

[SPTR]
Members
3,472 posts
5,731 battles

She's so cute and cuddly! 

Her hull line and her silhouette's just adorable... makes me just want to stroke her!

I want her in game NAW! I don't care if she became a PvE content or just a scenery object, just get her modeled and added into the game!!!

1,542 posts
26 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

No idea what you are talking about. Who? what?  spoons?

Sorry my inner nerd took over me -deep breath- haha I was talking about Lobelia Sackville-Baggins being a nasty little sneak thief. Maybe I'm misremembering? I was certain it was her who nicked spoons and he totally caught her out. Now I'm confusing myself haha sorry! XD

Members
1,559 posts
9,964 battles
1 minute ago, WolfofWarship said:

Sorry my inner nerd took over me -deep breath- haha I was talking about Lobelia Sackville-Baggins being a nasty little sneak thief. Maybe I'm misremembering? I was certain it was her who nicked spoons and he totally caught her out. Now I'm confusing myself haha sorry! XD

The Hobbit?  

Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
38 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

@aether_tech if you're trying to be technical, they stole silverware while he was still HOME. He caught them trying to steal it while they were over for dinner, that's why he mentions to Frodo that they had already tried to pinch stuff in the past. It was one of the many reasons he didn't like or trust that side of the family, even after his book make him 'famous'. It was the furniture etc they actually auctioned off when they assumed he was dead

They stole the silverware before he went away, but what I'm saying is that its' gandalf's fault for not putting some legal protection on his assets when he ran off with Thorin (please remove the memory of that god-awful movie from my brain) Oakenshield and company.

• Cool 1

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,304 battles
16 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

I'm a huge fan of the books

The books, yes. The movies, not so much, especially the garbage Hobbit FAKE Trilogy. Talk about 'commercial prostitution' there.

1,542 posts
26 battles
1 minute ago, aethervox said:

The books, yes. The movies, not so much, especially the garbage Hobbit FAKE Trilogy. Talk about 'commercial prostitution' there.

Yeah there didn't need to be three movies there....