You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1FingerSalute

Complements and reports

21 comments in this topic

[VVV]
Beta Testers
127 posts
3,394 battles

Why is the time limit so short on when you can give comps or reports. I don't see the reasoning. I had  battle where I died a midway through and one player made a big difference and won the battle, I had entered another battle and by the time I got out I couldn't complement him/her for his or her efforts. Why make it so short, or even limit it at all?

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles
12 minutes ago, 1FingerSalute said:

Could you elaborate? How would it be abused?

People just troll spamming them to everyone. It's illogical, but when ARE the majority of players ever logical? :fish_palm:

Edited by Speedstang

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles

Compliments go out rarely; where as reports go out like water.

Especially when someone calls out another player's garbage play. ;)

[VVV]
Beta Testers
127 posts
3,394 battles
1 hour ago, Speedstang said:

People just troll spamming them to everyone. It's illogical, but when ARE the majority of players ever logical? :fish_palm:

And they can still troll as they go, I don't see how this has anything to do with the time limit.

30 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

I don't disagree but you didn't explain why the time limit is so short.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles
Just now, 1FingerSalute said:

And they can still troll as they go, I don't see how this has anything to do with the time limit.

I don't disagree but you didn't explain why the time limit is so short.

Yea sorry I suspect its to hinder things like clans doing mass reports to screw over other players. My guess anyway.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
127 posts
3,394 battles

And again, they could still do this if they hung around until the battle was over.

I still see no reason it needs to be short or limited at all.

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles
13 minutes ago, 1FingerSalute said:

And again, they could still do this if they hung around until the battle was over.

I still see no reason it needs to be short or limited at all.

They can't do this because it's limited.

[AHOY_]
Members
183 posts
6,872 battles

The system is a joke. I got chat banned for calling out an ignorant racist Nazi edgelord on his racist tirade of supreme ignorance. And I did not use any forbidden language. Apparently he and his little friends got their feelings hurt so, ban. WGing cedes their chat policing to 11 year old edgelords, good times.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
52 minutes ago, YukonHunter said:

It's weird that there are so many people with very high karma then.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
1 hour ago, 1FingerSalute said:

Why make it so short, or even limit it at all?

Because when a match is over, it's over; either make a report right then when it is all fresh in your mind or drop it. You made a choice and dropped it; you can't come back later and say I changed my mind. These are the rules, live with them or not but that is the way the game is.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles
Just now, Elegant_Winter said:

It's weird that there are so many people with very high karma then.

Some people are attention w***es. Yknow, like people that max out their friends list on bookface, where they have this desperate need to be liked by people they'll never meet.

Then you get crotchety cranks like me that calls it like it is, no punches pulled, and oh do the tears flow.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, YukonHunter said:

Some people are attention w***es. Yknow, like people that max out their friends list on bookface, where they have this desperate need to be liked by people they'll never meet.

Then you get crotchety cranks like me that calls it like it is, no punches pulled, and oh do the tears flow.

Probably some truth to that.

• Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

I got reported regularly. Chat bans every other day. The only reason it's not everyday is because chat ban lasts 24 hours.

My rage cannot be quenched... I mean... you can only request "radar please" so many times before resorting to the F word.

Edit: so, to the people that said hi to me in game and got no response... it's because I was chat banned.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

If I have an issue with someone in battle and words are exchanged, I usually look at my Karma right after the match to see if I drop.

If I see a drop, I can deduce that little Dingle Berry threw some negs my way.

At that point, I can decide if I want to return in kind, or leave it be. Of course, not really knowing if it was said Dingle Berry.

I suppose the time limit would cut off my seeing something come in and I couldn't react to it in time to return the favor.

Another theory would be something with WG keeping it in memory. Maybe keeping that info open for more than X amount of time would drag down the servers, or something similar.

I'm at 102 Karma atm if that means anything. I see some are telling, so I figured I would as well.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,611 battles
3 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

I got reported regularly. Chat bans every other day. The only reason it's not everyday is because chat ban lasts 24 hours.

Yea almost same for me. There are Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many failtards of varying degrees in this game, and most of them take solid offense to deconstructive criticism. ;)

[VVV]
Beta Testers
127 posts
3,394 battles

Well I've never had a chat ban and it really doesn't bother me if someone negs me, I kept a Nagato burning most of the match with my Shchors and I'm pretty sure he neg'd me as I dropped a Karma point right after the battle.

This really isn't the direction I wanted this to go, I just feel there is no good reason to have such a short time limit on the system. 

Like I said in my OP I played another battle and went back to see how the first one ended up and wanted to give a complement and was unable. Silly in my book.

Members
317 posts
5,572 battles

Always compliment a Kracken, regardless of team.   Many times i'll compliment the one who sank me.

Trolls and mega doses of Salt in chat will likely get reported. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
15 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Most likely it would be subject to abuse if there was no time limit

It's already abused.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,565 battles
16 hours ago, 1FingerSalute said:

Could you elaborate? How would it be abused?

It just gives another option to the players who already abuse the system to give them even longer to do bad things.. once had a player pm me for 2 freaken days cause I wouldn’t come to his rescue