You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RivertheRoyal

Could we do something about detonations?

42 comments in this topic

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles

I don't care about removing it or something, and am rather ambivalent towards the arguments centred around the detonation mechanic. 

However, I do think a few things need to change. 

• Please consider lifting the flag cap for detonating. 
  • Make the explosions bigger. 

Now, the second thing is more of an ascetics thing, and something of pride. If I'm going to detonate, I want everyone within 15 kilometres to know about it. 

As for the first, I detonated three times today, but only got 10 flags. When you detonate once, at least you can come out of it with some flags to feel better about the whole shebang. Any subsequent detonations go unrewarded, and that simply doesn't sit quite right.  

• Cool 18

Members
150 posts
2,332 battles

Yes to bigger explosions. As for the 10 free flags, I don't think it happens that often, at least from personal experience.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles

I support both. I'd love to be able to earn multiple Det Flags per day regardless, and when I do go out in a Detonation, to go out in a catastrophic blaze. I want my ship's icon to explode on the minimap and also form a sky-high explosion that is visible to all ships (can be toned down via graphics settings for those still running on potato computers).

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
7 minutes ago, Drago_Ryder said:

Yes to bigger explosions. As for the 10 free flags, I don't think it happens that often, at least from personal experience.

Yeah I see ammo rack Detonations in Tanks far more often than I see Ammo Magazine Detonations in Warships

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I have no issues with this. Especially the explosion part. Give me more bombastic explosions WG! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,671 battles

I agree to both, but last I heard they actually were going for something like the second suggestion but will take a while as they want custom animations like turrets popping off and other crazy stuff.

[LOU1]
Members
3,033 posts
8,125 battles
18 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

As for the first, I detonated three times today, but only got 10 flags. When you detonate once, at least you can come out of it with some flags to feel better about the whole shebang. Any subsequent detonations go unrewarded, and that simply doesn't sit quite right.  

Three times?  That's painful.  What ship were you driving, out of curiosity?

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

Three times?  That's painful.  What ship were you driving, out of curiosity?

Atlanta, three times in a row. 

The first time it happened, I wasn't really upset or anything, just loaded into my next battle and went on with my life. Second, I was mildly perturbed, and thought that my luck was terrible. However, I didn't mount any flags because what are the chances of it happening a third time? 

Very good, apparently. To my dismay.  

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

So @RivertheRoyal , you are saying you like big booms? 

xHg1FDa.gif

ULr6zR9.jpg?1

[LOU1]
Members
3,033 posts
8,125 battles
8 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Atlanta, three times in a row. 

The first time it happened, I wasn't really upset or anything, just loaded into my next battle and went on with my life. Second, I was mildly perturbed, and thought that my luck was terrible. However, I didn't mount any flags because what are the chances of it happening a third time? 

Very good, apparently. To my dismay.  

Wow, I can imagine that happening.  Especially if you faced someone that read LWMs detonation studies.  They are hitting you right where it can send your magazines critical or gut your machinery space.  I try for that, but rarely succeed.  Frankly, Atlanta is one of the ships I try to always sail with a det flag.

3 is still a lot - bad run of luck...

Edited by ExploratorOne

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,063 posts
6,753 battles
14 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

So @RivertheRoyal , you are saying you like big booms? 

xHg1FDa.gif

10 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

ULr6zR9.jpg?1

nah, too small, needs to be more like

nGlli.gif

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

nah, too small, needs to be more like

Well or we could go full exterminatus . . .

cYA37T7.gif

• Cool 1

Members
445 posts
2,076 battles
45 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I don't care about removing it or something, and am rather ambivalent towards the arguments centred around the detonation mechanic. 

Now, the second thing is more of an ascetics thing, and something of pride. If I'm going to detonate, I want everyone within 15 kilometres to know about it. 

I really don't see why there's a cap on flags for detonations, WG themselves says they're very rare, so what's the issue with rewarding multiple flags a day if RNG decides you must die?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,063 posts
6,753 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Well or we could go full exterminatus . . .

cYA37T7.gif

KwSRPaW.jpg

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

I like both ideas, especially the second one.

WG's been working on their explosions - first with ground targets in operations, then recently with fires and effects in general. I'm hoping they make detonations even more explosive. And I'd love it if they made the explosion louder for other players. I want it to be seen and heard from across the map.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Beta Testers
621 posts
7,018 battles
1 hour ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Yes too both. 

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles

Hey is this a detonation thread????

dont remember the last time we had one of these....

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles
2 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

Hey is this a detonation thread????

dont remember the last time we had one of these....

Yeah but this isn't the typical detonation thread. This one basically just wants eye candy and flags, not angry ranty demands to ban the game mechanic because it's extremely unlikely and causes players harm.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,442 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Yeah but this isn't the typical detonation thread. This one basically just wants eye candy and flags, not angry ranty demands to ban the game mechanic because it's extremely unlikely and causes players harm.

ah well, when the title reads can we.... and detonations...I just come in type the typical response to what I assume is a typical Detonation thread.....

• Cool 1

Members
835 posts
4,631 battles

I approve as well! And if it's a battleship that detonated, I want flying turrets! Pillars of flame! Shockwaves and mushroom clouds!

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles

Feed the detonation please feed me detonations i thrive from the boommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

In fact i use flags that help me to detonate.

30% more chance to detonate bring it on.............

100% chance to detonate bring on the hood and arizona fodder.

Fun and engaging indeed.

Members
2,500 posts
5,479 battles

Yup lets make the Detonations even better and lethal while we are at it. The damage radius should be 5 KM from the ship and damage all ships (friendly or foe) equally.  I mean.. Yeah..Fun and engaging but now even more realistic.