You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HeathenForay

Fiji...finally. First game!

20 comments in this topic

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,594 battles

Been wanting this ship for a long time. Finally committed to finishing the grind this weekend. Results from my first match below. Does NOT disappoint :)

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

[LOU1]
Members
3,047 posts
8,134 battles

Fiji is pretty powerful when you get the hang of her.  My Fiji stats are depressing, but when I drive her, it feels very responsive; in other words, the ship doesn't get in the way of my skills, my skills get in the way of the ship.

[RLGN]
Members
8,266 posts
17,289 battles
30 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Well, it's pretty much good times from here on out for that line.

Well then obviouisly my 'hate-hate' relationship with RNG and British cruisers has extended beyond Leander...

The only thing positive I have to say about Fiji is I don't dislike it as much as Leander and Belfast; but my WR is still a pathetic 20%.

[SF-A]
Members
2,895 posts
5,707 battles

It literally only gets better. Edin and up have a god-heal, and Neptune and Minotaur have absurd firepower and torpedoes.

Lately I've taken to farming fireproof/unsinkable in Edinburgh. Just let three fires or one flood and shazam, there it is.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
58 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

Been wanting this ship for a long time. Finally committed to finishing the grind this weekend. Results from my first match below. Does NOT disappoint :)

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Cool and well done.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,594 battles

Leander was playable, but that range.....ow. Fiji is the first one of the line so far that doesn't feel like you're trying to carry the team with a herniated disk lol

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,865 posts
10,641 battles

Get the hull upgrade asap if you haven't already. The ship is so much more responsive and maneuverable plus the extra HP help too.

Love the ship. Easy to get obliterated like all RN CL but it can take on and take out most anything.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,594 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Get the hull upgrade asap if you haven't already. The ship is so much more responsive and maneuverable plus the extra HP help too.

Love the ship. Easy to get obliterated like all RN CL but it can take on and take out most anything.

Definitely a keeper. Saved FreeXP for upgrades. Can't say I see the point in the torp upgrade, but hey every little bit helps I guess

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
6 hours ago, HeathenForay said:

Definitely a keeper. Saved FreeXP for upgrades. Can't say I see the point in the torp upgrade, but hey every little bit helps I guess

The extra torp damage can be the difference between annoying a Tier 8 battleship and actually killing them, given you only have 3 torps and they have stronger torpedo belts. 

Mind you, I've kept the Leander, Fiji and Mino - so the extra XP wasnt a problem.  Have about 1 million unused XP on the Leander.

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
10 hours ago, HeathenForay said:

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

EDIT: Also forgot to mention my original reason for posting - Well done OP! 

You'll be pulling battles like this one in no time.  

171008 Fiji 125k win.jpg

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,088 posts
7,656 battles

I just got my Fiji as well from the British cruiser sale.  I don't think I've had this level of instant-love for a ship since... I don't think ever, since while still stock Fiji feels so good to play.  Other ships I've had to get past the stock grind first before the love happened.

Members
711 posts

the Fiji is fun, but from there on its an up-hill battle fighting with useless AP and no alternative option, sometimes hundreds of hits will amount to very little damage and there is nothing you can do about it if you often are bottom tier in a games.

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,848 battles

Congrats on earning the Fiji. It is the most OP non pemmie ship in game. Dishes out damage with team support and can win games on its own

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,264 battles

I had my first two games in her tonight. WG gave me 24 hours of premium yesterday evening and I've been grinding the hell out of the Leander for the Duke of York missions anyway, so I took advantage of Mrs-and-kids-at-grandma's syndrome and really went to town. By the time my 100% XP camos and premium time ran out, I had 67K ship XP and a few extra thousand free XP lying around to thrown on top of her and though I diddn't do any of what is displayed above, OH MY GOD I am still picking my jaw up off the floor.

I thought the difference between the Emerald and the Leander was night and day, but this is even more so. It's not just the four extra guns; it's the rate of fire and the slightly greater range, and the dispersion seems better too, though this might be a function of the higher shell density in full salvoes ensuring less chance of something slipping through. What say you, experts?

The best part of it is that now I have THREE ships I can rotate through the Duke of York missions (Emerald, Leander, Fiji), and four for those events where I'm allowed to use the Danae. All of a sudden that fishy flag looks achievable.

Grinding for the Vampire missions got me from Emerald to Leander; grinding for the DOY got me from Leander to here, and I'm still not done yet. This just got a whole lot easier.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,419 posts
9,575 battles

I just posted this in the Leander thread, but it is more relevant here:

Fiji is a total monster.  Belfast is widely considered to be blatantly OP and was therefore permanently removed from sale.  Fiji doesn't have Belfast's HE or radar, but she does have torps and a heal.  My success with each is about the same, and I wreck with them.  Therefore, Fiji is also OP. 

Did you miss your chance to get Belfast and are pissed about it?  Get Fiji.  Same same.

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,223 battles
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Fiji is a total monster.  Belfast is widely considered to be blatantly OP and was therefore permanently removed from sale.  Fiji doesn't have Belfast's HE or radar, but she does have torps and a heal.  My success with each is about the same, and I wreck with them.  Therefore, Fiji is also OP. 

Did you miss your chance to get Belfast and are pissed about it?  Get Fiji.  Same same.

I prefer the Fiji to Belfast (have both) particularly because I play so much PvE. Nothing more depressing when in your Belfast comfy in your smoke and a bot BB comes charging at you... You can not burn them down fast enough. Fiji's single launch torps work beautifully to show the dirty bots the error of their ways...  

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,264 battles
10 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Not quite. Belfast's HE is a game changer, and even having that would make the Fiji an OP monster, unfit for sale. There are missions in the previous Vampire and current Duke of York campaign which are made much harder by being unable to light fires (particularly ones that stay lit). You've no idea how much effort I had to put into that 750K damage grind to get Vampire with the Danae and Emerald.

Tier 7 seems to be a sweet spot; you are far more often top or mid tier than bottom, though I do pity the Emerald captains I have to fight. I'm not that good, and I haven't played that many Fiji games, but it is very difficult for me to come in under 1000 total XP,  the cash rewards appear to be bigger, and for the first time I begin to think it's economically viable to bear the silver cost of premium consumables (I don't have a premium account). It will be a while before I can work up to the Edinburgh because I don't play often or long at a time, but the grind will be fun rather than the unpleasant horror that the Emerald was.