You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeadIyArT

Some thing up with the ram mechanics?

11 comments in this topic

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
334 posts
7,136 battles

Had two games in the past few days and had some odd results.   The first game that made me scratch my head was yesterday in my Mikasa t2 BB i rammed another Mikasa but did not damage on impacted. We got stuck to eachother and we started taking damage over time,  but that could have been are secondarys.  I die becuase of lower hp at the time of a ram.  I will try to get the video posted here but last time i tryed that it did not work .

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
334 posts
7,136 battles
1 minute ago, Drago_Ryder said:

Sounds like you rammed a teammate

nope he was a red

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

sounds like you were going to slow to insta kill the other mikasa when that happens you start taking small amounts of damage really fast

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Ramming damage is based on speed and weight at time of impact relative to the targets speed and weight. Thats why a lot of times, if a Mikasa rams a Smith, the Mikasa will come out with most of their HP still intact. However, if a two of the same BBs hit each other at an extremely slow speed relative to each other, it'll still do a lot of damage, but it may not outright kill them both if they have the same HP, but the longer they bump and grind against each other, they'll rapidly lose that HP.

Don't quote me on this though. Its just what I've gathered through my own experiences. @LittleWhiteMouse May be of more help in this regard.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,658 battles
1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Don't quote me on this though. Its just what I've gathered through my own experiences. @LittleWhiteMouse May be of more help in this regard.

Ramming is pretty simple.  With no other factors at play, ships do up to their maximum hit point total in ram damage against a target ship.  So a destroyer with 10,000 starting hit points will do 10,000 damage to a battleship it ploughs into.  In return, it will take the battleship's hit point total back.  There's a few odds and ends that modify this to a minor degree -- mostly speed and signals, but even at 10 knots, you'll catastrophically end another ship you plough into.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
20 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Ramming is pretty simple.  With no other factors at play, ships do up to their maximum hit point total in ram damage against a target ship.  So a destroyer with 10,000 starting hit points will do 10,000 damage to a battleship it ploughs into.  In return, it will take the battleship's hit point total back.  There's a few odds and ends that modify this to a minor degree -- mostly speed and signals, but even at 10 knots, you'll catastrophically end another ship you plough into.

Huh....so even if you're going like, 1 knots, you'll still do your full hp's worth of damage to an enemy ship you ram? Or is that where the speed modifier comes into play?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,658 battles
4 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Huh....so even if you're going like, 1 knots, you'll still do your full hp's worth of damage to an enemy ship you ram? Or is that where the speed modifier comes into play?

You can test it out in the training room.  Even collisions with a difference of speed of less than 10 knots can be fatal.  But around 5 knots or less, you grind for a lot of damage very quickly.

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
577 posts
4,615 battles

Ramming is one of those mechanics that while it needs a pretty solid rework; isn't near the problem HE/Fire is.

[ARC]
Members
486 posts
7,173 battles

In the case of ramming mechanics, I had a hilarious case. Was chasing a Nicholas in my T-22, I got to less than 2 km and spotted him. Wiggle my way to fire my guns and pull the breaks, to evade the torps. Then when I was hoping to restart my engines the enemy begun to go towards me in reverse. We crashed at a oblique angle (less than 20 degrees) at less than 5 knots. Got a Dev. Strike and a Die Hard medal (I think I got more HP, but I was less than half and he was at more than 50% HP). Still trying to figure how I survived that one losing only 3k HP

Edited by hanesco