You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
yamato4745

Lopsided Battles

14 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
4,609 battles

Has anyone noticed or felt that a lot of battles lately were lopsided one way or the other.  Maybe its just me, but it feels lately that I'm either on a team that is being curb stomped or on a team that's curb stomping the other team.  Not much even fighting. I have no statistics to back this up or anything, just curious if something is out of whack or maybe I'm just going through an odd luck period. Thanks.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,720 posts

You really need to keep a spreadsheet on stuff like this. Every lopsided score registers, while the rest fade in memory. You might very well be right, but the suggestion plants a seed that you focus on.

Data cuts through the hype

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,579 posts
8,995 battles
1 minute ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

You really need to keep a spreadsheet on stuff like this. Every lopsided score registers, while the rest fade in memory. You might very well be right, but the suggestion plants a seed that you focus on.

Data cuts through the hype

Confirmation bias, lopsided results come and go and like with the weekend team complaints people tend to discount or forget about the ones that are not what they are complaining about.

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

It comes in goes - sometimes in the same day - not much different than when I started over a year ago.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,565 battles
16 minutes ago, yamato4745 said:

Has anyone noticed or felt that a lot of battles lately were lopsided one way or the other.  Maybe its just me, but it feels lately that I'm either on a team that is being curb stomped or on a team that's curb stomping the other team.  Not much even fighting. I have no statistics to back this up or anything, just curious if something is out of whack or maybe I'm just going through an odd luck period. Thanks.

Stuff happens ,Ive also had games were me and another ship were kicking serious Buttt on a cap only to look at the scoreboard us 220 them 880 and were the only ones left... I thought we were winning

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,857 battles

When one team seems to just melt away and the other team wins overwhelmingly, it may not be that the one was all that much better than the other but that the losing team suffered what is known as a systemic collapse. In any fight there are certain key players and positions that when lost will almost always lead to a defeat. A well-organized team of even moderate-level players should be able to overwhelm most random teams because a random team relies on each individual to position themselves where they can best help the team, and this rarely happens. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,579 posts
8,995 battles
34 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Stuff happens ,Ive also had games were me and another ship were kicking serious Buttt on a cap only to look at the scoreboard us 220 them 880 and were the only ones left... I thought we were winning

This and I have had the reverse happen, you are certain the match is all but over and you look at the score and it is 880 - 220.

Members
566 posts
1,885 battles

Ok, I haven't even played much the last week been out of town stop blaming me, I am sorry I do not play well!!! 

lol I may be a factor in this but it can not just be me who is so bad. 

Beta Testers
323 posts
3,582 battles
5 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Oh no doubt. Worst feeling in the world. Damage inflicted is piling up, fire after fire is breaking on red ships.....aaaand doesn't matter, we're about to lose.