You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Catastr0phic

World of Fire

145 comments in this topic

[TIMT]
Members
66 posts
11,056 battles

Just wanted to give a shout out to new players. Welcome to world of being set on fire 3 or 4 times every match. You are guaranteed to be set on fire every single match at least 3 times and wind up burning to death. Please change game name from World of Warships to World of Being Set On Fire Every Friggin Match. I don't post often on the forums but this fire crud is ridiculous. It was never this bad before.

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,550 posts
8,979 battles
Just now, mohawkdriver said:

Salt when placed in fire burns in very pretty colors.

Yeah but I do wish how fire works and is fought would be changed to address the feeling of helplessness that comes from constantly being on fire. Those days when you DC those three fires and the next volley that hits after the immunity period lights you back up with another three fires and the fire fighting crews are on their union mandated break can be frustrating.

• Cool 3

Members
270 posts
85 battles

"Welcome to World of Fire Effects Distract My Attention When One Shotting Cruisers"

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,588 posts
18,169 battles

Ehh you can always play cruisers or destroyers. You get set on fire as well but usually don't live long enough to burn down.... 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

tenor.gif

Fire mitigating skills via your Commander, and ship upgrades.

Look them up at some point...

• Cool 5

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Granted British BB HE might be a little over-the-top, but I wonder how many of the people complaining about fire damage have specced their captains for fire prevention and basics of survivability.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,550 posts
8,979 battles
5 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

tenor.gif

Fire mitigating skills via your Commander, and ship upgrades.

Look them up at some point...

True but you have to give up something to make they work their best. If you want to mitigate fire you end up losing manual secondaries with BFT & AFT.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

True but you have to give up something to make they work their best. If you want to mitigate fire you end up losing manual secondaries with BFT & AFT.

That's the whole point. You can't have everything, you gotta give up something to be better at something else. :cap_wander:

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,550 posts
8,979 battles
Just now, Wulfgarn said:

That's the whole point. You can't have everything, you gotta give up something to be better at something else. :cap_wander:

Right but the problem with fire really isn't the damage it does but how it feels to the people that are burning. Addressing that while having little impact on the average amount of fire damage would go a long way towards reducing posts like the OP's.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,039 posts
6,709 battles
46 minutes ago, Catastr0phic said:

Just wanted to give a shout out to new players. Welcome to world of being set on fire 3 or 4 times every match. You are guaranteed to be set on fire every single match at least 3 times and wind up burning to death. Please change game name from World of Warships to World of Being Set On Fire Every Friggin Match. I don't post often on the forums but this fire crud is ridiculous. It was never this bad before.

gonna take a shot in the dark and say you  went up against a RN BB that kept setting you on fire and youre salty about it and decided to let everyone know of your saltiness by posting on the forums, but i could be wrong

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 3

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Right but the problem with fire really isn't the damage it does but how it feels to the people that are burning. Addressing that while having little impact on the average amount of fire damage would go a long way towards reducing posts like the OP's.

Huh?

[OPG]
Members
3,967 posts
5,657 battles

Getting set on fire "3-4 times a match"?  That's really not that much you know.....:fish_book:

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
343 posts
6,156 battles
2 minutes ago, yashma said:

Getting set on fire "3-4 times a match"?  That's really not that much you know.....:fish_book:

Exactly what I was thinking.  He must be dying early.  Learn DC.

[PSP]
Members
6,221 posts
8,847 battles
40 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Salt when placed in fire burns in very pretty colors.

Yes it does. Sodium chloride burns bright yellow. Calcium chloride, the salt used to melt ice and allow pouring of concrete at low temperatures, burns orange. Strontium chloride burns red. Potassium chloride, the salt found in "low sodium" flavorings, burns purple. Copper salts burn green or blue. Lithium, which is found in batteries and sometimes used to treat certain mental disorders, in its salt form burns pink.  

• Cool 2

Members
1,866 posts

Lighting up battleships from stem to stern is so much fun. My battleships lean towards anti-fire benefits, so they are less flammable. If I have only one fire, I let it burn, because I might need that damage control for two or more fires.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,550 posts
8,979 battles
11 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Huh?

Exactly what I said. People feel helpless when dealing with fire and while it is confirmation bias to those people it is very real.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Exactly what I said. People feel helpless when dealing with fire and while it is confirmation bias to those people it is very real

@BrushWolf

Use Commander Skills and Upgrades for fire mitigation.

Learn when to Repair and Heal. Like don't just repair one fire, etc..

BBs have very little to do. Aiming, learning when to repair & heal, and using WASD to avoid torps. 

I swear, WG has dumbed down the game so much for this Ship Type and still issues.

I guess Cruisers shouldnt be able to do any damage to BBs then. I'm sure a Cruiser that gets deleted by BB AP from across map aren't  worried about BBs feelings. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 6

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You might want to reconsider what you just posted, because this is an utterly ridiculous statement.

• Cool 1