Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thraxian

High tier ships and their captains.

64 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles

It's beyond me how people manage to get to tier 10 and be stubborn enough to keep playing despite losing 60-65% of their battles...

Our Kurfurst has a 44% WR and a 329 PR. One Monarch has 46% and 408 PR, the other has hiddden stats. The Neptune has 40% WR.

It goes on and on...yet, the enemy team had ONE player rated below average. We got LOLstomped so hard I had to reboot my computer....

 

 

 

m5MQ6iv.jpg?1

 

 

 

This time I capped A and my whole team parked behind me.

This was my 2nd battle of the day. I'm starting to sense a pattern here...

 

BYxBq52.jpg

 

Third battle.

Two of us contested A vs 2 enemy DD's and won. Not one single supporting shot from our teammates.

Not one enemy ship was focus fired on. Two enemy DD's were left with a sliver of HP but none of our cruisers fired at them.

nyYvfQY.jpg

Edited by Thraxian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles

I'm suggesting that some people get a clue how to play.

I'm trying to help my teams out, but they refuse to use radar to light enemy DD's, won't focus fire, then blame the team after they die early in the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
904 posts
4,261 battles

If you reached T10 and still expect randoms to play as a team, you need to get a new mind set: always assume your whole team are potatoes and plan accordingly. You might even get pleasantly surprised.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
3 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Another Whiner again ,  keep your suggestion to yourself this is a random public game for all potato's and none potato's  .........

Name calling in a public forum. How classy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles

I ran Matchmaking monitor before the end of the last battle and I find the results quite telling. Note the massive difference in skill levels between the two teams...

 

fhTRsjq.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
368
[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles

This is exactly why I've left more queues than not.  The overwhelming fear that some dingleberry is going to come to the forums and complain about how terrible I am.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,850
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,178 posts
14,610 battles

To be fair, the fighting is brutal at Tier X.  You may have overall good WR% (i.e. 50%+), assorted averages for the player account, but it's also natural for their Tier X ships to be in the 45-50% Win Rate.  And not many division up with equal or better skilled players to help prop up their WR%, etc.

 

Solo PVP is harsh, Solo PVP at Tier X is even more rough.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,267
Members
3,725 posts
15,088 battles

 WoWs is a potato paradise, devs won't change this model no matter how much we complain. Deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
19 minutes ago, joris92 said:

Take some deep breaths and count to ten. 

Now tell me, after the long grind towards T10, why you expect sudden teamplay?

I don't really expect teamplay. I would expect that maybe in 1 out of 5 battles I would get a couple of competent teammates that can help turn a loss into a win, instead of, for example, hiding so close behind an island in a Montana that they can't shoot at anything.

Edited by Thraxian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
2 minutes ago, m373x said:

 WoWs is a potato paradise, devs won't change this model no matter how much we complain. Deal with it.

With 4 losses and a draw today, I am now officially a potato.

Now, where do I get my "Make WoWs great again' hat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
550
[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,033 battles

Too many players rush up the ranks without spending the time to learn game mechanics and teamwork. I doubt it's going to change anytime soon. Just mix it up a bit and play different tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
17 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Too many players rush up the ranks without spending the time to learn game mechanics and teamwork. I doubt it's going to change anytime soon. Just mix it up a bit and play different tiers.

It's normally what I do, but I'm trying to finish the Yamamoto campaign, which, I suspect, is why there are so many potatoes like me at tier 10 lately...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
903
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,463 posts
8,136 battles
30 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

I ran Matchmaking monitor before the end of the last battle and I find the results quite telling. Note the massive difference in skill levels between the two teams...

 

fhTRsjq.jpg

 

If I'm reading this right, most of your team does better than average damage, something they can actually control. XP, a bit more sketchy but given some of the game changes round it never fully know hat's going on there, especially if you don't know is it counting premium. Hell, I'd almost swear that 1 battle 3524 is me in my Iowa I got yesterday that first match stock saw tier 10, and got obliterated because I spawned basically on my own 10 seconds in, and the whole enemy team was headed my way, the death blow being a swarm of red triangles I couldn't dodge without the ability to fly, not sure if it was 1 shima, both shima's, or Shima and one of the other DD's. And I only managed a couple good hits before smoke obscured the enemy team from me. 

 

Which brings us back to the point of :etc_swear: happens. I had a 51% winrate about a year and a half ago, maybe a little longer, since than, I've lost enough games to drop to 49.5 or lower. Yeah, I have the 4 games in the Freddy and Iowa yesterday I was near bottom of the team after early deletions due to being spawned off on my own and no help while trying to link up with the team, and the team apparently couldn't do :etc_swear: either. I can't tell you how many losses I'm actually near the top of my team usually, or at least the top half. Only CV's being a wild card cause I'll run AS, I'll own the sky but still place poorly from DB's not getting through AA to do damage. I get the teams that go "hur dur defend only" or won't even try for caps and get obliterated for it or lose for it respectively. Meanwhile I'm at the top because I at least try to play offense some still, and usually not the first to die unless in a CV when they just let the enemy roll into the back like a freaking blitz that hammers the QB before he knows what hit him, or because while it's suicide because no one else has the spine to do it I'll charge the cap to try and take one and either delay the inevitable or maybe start a push. Hell, I've managed to use a ship like Edi alone against a BB and a DD to take the cap and kill both with minimal gunfire support from the 4 BB's 10km behind me that threw the game for us because I took that cap and they let them take it back, when they already held the other 2. 

 

But I still play because I know I can do well, I know why certain stats are the way they are. Typically, my MBH and TH are above or well above average, yet damage fluctuates because I usually don't live long enough to really rack it up, My CV stats are hit and miss because I try to avoid abusing the broken strafe and manual drop mechanics, though some I still perform above average not relying on them. Winrate - it's whatever to the max. My Tirpitz sits at 48%, my Bismarck, that does slightly more damage, better KD, same hit rate, better survival, better average ship/plane destruction, etc, has finally climbed to 40 after a long time in the 30's because I couldn't buy a win even if I did 150k+ damage in games. 40-50% winrates aren't always some skill-less scrub who knows nothing. Some of us just get stuck with bad teams that make us seem worse than we are. Sometimes, we have a string of bad games or bad luck. And to be honest, the other reason I still play beyond wanting to have fun, learn the ships, etc, is to spite people like you that take the game this damned seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
10 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

  And to be honest, the other reason I still play beyond wanting to have fun, learn the ships, etc, is to spite people like you that take the game this damned seriously.

So wanting to win more than 50% of the time is "Taking the game seriously", and you want to spite the people that hope to achieve it?

As a CV main, you certainly have some power to influence the win or loss of a game. I certainly hope you don't play just to force your teammates to lose....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,827
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I've always been told on this forum the only thing consistent in every battle is you. Meaning you, not me, in this example. I hide my stats. Have for oh, year and a half. I do it for the sake of folks like you who love nothing more than presuming things. I know also that some of you who follow stats, base their entire game attitude and strategy upon them - as you apparently do - get really nicked in the jimmies about those who hide their stats. 

 

Please do presume things. I encourage it - but your team is suffering. :cap_cool:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
5 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I've always been told on this forum the only thing consistent in every battle is you. Meaning you, not me, in this example. I hide my stats. Have for oh, year and a half. I do it for the sake of folks like you who love nothing more than presuming things. I know also that some of you who follow stats, base their entire game attitude and strategy upon them - as you apparently do - get really nicked in the jimmies about those who hide their stats. 

 

Please do presume things. I encourage it - but your team is suffering. :cap_cool:

That's awfully presumptuous of you. Sorry you got your panties in a bunch about it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,149
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,133 posts
7,661 battles

Blowouts are not dictated by a disparity in skill.  Blowouts happen because it becomes exponentially more difficult for a team to come back from a kill-deficit once the ball starts rolling. 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[AR]
[AR]
Members
316 posts
11,867 battles

Once you reach T9-10 matches, you will realize that once the enemy team has about 2 kills and yours none, it is most likely a loss already. It is difficult to make comebacks at those tiers.

T9 is also particularly brutal when you have to grind the exp for your ships mods. I have a 31% W/R on my FDG with 36 games on it. Having even a single stock ship at those tiers is such a massive disadvantage to your team that the below tiers pale in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[SPTR]
Members
20,099 posts
5,382 battles

If I may make a suggestion, don't run matchmaking monitor and get salty about it. Don't make the game be like WOT. At times, people with horrid stats get good results (see my stats) as well. Point being, if you want to get salty, try not to be, or be salty at the actions of your teammates, not simply because of their stats and position. I've seen mediocre players having mediocre stats in a game, but attempting to be team players and helping the best they can. 

Edited by khaenn35
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
9 minutes ago, khaenn35 said:

If I may make a suggestion, don't run matchmaking monitor and get salty about it. Don't make the game be like WOT. At times, people with horrid stats get good results (see my stats) as well. Point being, if you want to get salty, try not to be, or be salty at the actions of your teammates, not simply because of their stats and position. I've seen mediocre players having mediocre stats in a game, but attempting to be team players and helping the best they can. 

Who's salty? I simply pointed out a fact and provided evidence to back it up.

I've also seen mediocre players sit broadside to enemy ships and get deleted in one salvo. That's what makes them mediocre. They can do very well in one match and terribly in the next. (Much like I've done today)

Edited by Thraxian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
699
[SPTR]
Members
20,099 posts
5,382 battles
7 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

Who's salty? I simply pointed out a fact and provided evidence to back it up.

I've also seen mediocre players sit broadside to enemy ships and get deleted in one salvo. That's what makes them mediocre. They can do very well in one match and terribly in the next. (Much like I've done today)

The way you put that fact, in addition to the nature and the type of the fact, brings about a tone of saltiness. The fact that stating the fact really doesn't do/prove much supports that as well. It's generally noted that there are potatoes (cite: me) in T10 matches, as there are in all matches. That fact doesn't support anything while being generally well known. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles
5 minutes ago, khaenn35 said:

The way you put that fact, in addition to the nature and the type of the fact, brings about a tone of saltiness. The fact that stating the fact really doesn't do/prove much supports that as well. It's generally noted that there are potatoes (cite: me) in T10 matches, as there are in all matches. That fact doesn't support anything while being generally well known. 


You came to this topic to spread salt and accusations. Nothing better to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×