You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MeekANTIFUN

What? How does this happen?

10 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

The first torpedo damage saturated the area upon hitting the target, the subsequent torpedoes did far less damage due to it.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,972 battles
32 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

boStdxz.gif

Best abuse of game mechanics I've ever seen!

Technically, the back of that ship should have broken clean off....

[HYDRA]
Members
500 posts
2,513 battles

I've taken 6 to the bow of my Mahan before, never got the screenshot, but I did get one of the guy's reaction.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
27 minutes ago, Thraxian said:

Best abuse of game mechanics I've ever seen!

Technically, the back of that ship should have broken clean off....

Actually that is not guaranteed in the real world. There are many examples of ships taking and surviving hits that in theory would destroy them which damage saturation recreates well in the game. On the flip side there are many ships that took heavy damage or were even destroyed from hits that should have caused minor damage which the often hated detonation does. RNG is a fiendish and indiscriminate god in real life too.

[HYDRA]
Members
500 posts
2,513 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Actually that is not guaranteed in the real world. There are many examples of ships taking and surviving hits that in theory would destroy them which damage saturation recreates well in the game. On the flip side there are many ships that took heavy damage or were even destroyed from hits that should have caused minor damage which the often hated detonation does. RNG is a fiendish and indiscriminate god in real life too.

Poor Chōkai, detonated by CV secondary, then there's Franklin, who survived being a Viking funeral ship.

[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,440 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Bows and afts getting blown off completely were surprisingly common IRL, but, unlike WoWs, the IRL ships could not go full speed, nor be combat worthy after the ordeal.

Sailing backwards or getting towed wasn't out of the norm, due to damages sustained.

It's even harder when the bridge gets blown off completely, as now you no longer have a working compass or GFCS.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,448 posts
8,096 battles

Keyword - maximum. They work the same way AP/HE rounds do that they have to full pen, maybe citadel, to actually do damage and you hit the same general area, yeah, it actually saturates the damage. Why at closer ranges a wide spread is better and usually at long range a narrower spread (as it spaces out more over time).