You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gjflanker

Lag and Drops

27 comments in this topic

[WTFAW]
Members
212 posts
8,305 battles

I've never had lag or experienced getting dropped out of games until 6.11.  Anyone else getting these problems since 6.11?  

[A_51]
Members
63 posts
15,232 battles

I’ve to am having the same problem. Really bad lags and being dropped usually during the first three to four games, afterwards, everything runs finds. I’m glad it is not just me.

• Cool 1

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
8 minutes ago, gjflanker said:

I've never had lag or experienced getting dropped out of games until 6.11.  Anyone else getting these problems since 6.11?  

My game always is..............

http://HNKPCv3.gif

Edited by abyssofthetriffid

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Peeps have had issues since the new updater went live.

If you are running it, kill the process  (task manager) and run the game through the WOWS.exe. 

When you know a patch is coming, run updater and turn it back off.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,442 posts
11,703 battles

Only issue I'm having is a screen freeze when enemy DD is spotted.

[WTFAW]
Members
212 posts
8,305 battles
51 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

If you are running it, kill the process  (task manager) and run the game through the WOWS.exe. 

Appreciate the suggestion.  Unfortunately, didn't work for me, but still, good advice to turn off auto-updater.

• Cool 1

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles
3 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I have that problem too, I figured it was a "deer in headlights" thing, perhaps not.

Seriously though, my game froze up for a second or two about 2-3 hours ago.  First time that I can recall it happening - ever.  I checked the internet speed, then re-boot my computer, hasn't happened since.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles

Been sunk five times due to lag and freeze, did the reboot, game settings and speed test, no problem this end. WG need to find a fix.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles

I have been getting tons of lag but only when playing in PvP.... It is a six second lag, I finally bothered to count it out using chat. It happened a bit in Coop, but stopped so I can play there no problem. The PvP lag does not happen every game but when it does, I normally just set a course for a cap if available, and make myself a target since trying to hit anything is nearly impossible. If I am closer to the back or there is no caps, I set a course to the far edge away from the reds hoping the lag will clear up. It doesn't btw, just get reported and hollered at for being a coward. It is a good thing I don't give a crap about that or stats, otherwise it would make me pretty angry. 

Members
155 posts
10,370 battles

Yeah, I had this problem 10 months ago but it went away eventually.

But now its back again, massive lag and getting disconnected , sometimes several times per game, The lag always happens when I enter cap or engage the enemy.

My problems happen when servers are busiest.

I wonder is it anything to do with the new updated graphics.

I just hope WOWs tech people read these threads.

[GLORY]
Members
212 posts
1,848 battles

I've just been getting crashes since the new "high" game client was introduced. Forgot the version.

Members
20 posts
3,330 battles

I've also been getting dropped and/or having the game freeze since the last update. Seems to happen at the worst possible times too. It's always interesting to see if I'm still afloat by the time I get back.

Members
1,834 posts
17,617 battles

Ditto...lags & drops...drops usually right after I hit start of battle on the 1st battle(happened about 4 days in a row...hasn't for last few days though)...sometimes after I'm dead...don't usually get dropped in battle but it has happened @ least once...as for the lag...

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, dEsTurbed1 said:

^^^^yeah...that^^^^...usually right after I pull the trigger I have to fire again cause shot doesn't register because of lag...sometimes clears up by end of that engagement(if I live)...sometimes lasts through whole battle(or until I crash as it inevitably does if it keeps up after 1st engagement)...again...this hasn't happened last few days but was a recurring thing for at least a week...only happened for 1st few games of the day though then everything cleared up.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[DEMI]
[DEMI]
Members
6 posts
9,411 battles

Have had this issue since day one. Tech support says it is MY issues of course. Re-installed the game several times and it temporarily resolves the issue. I have noticed it does seem to get worse when they are testing a new patch. WoT did the same deny and blame the customers' equipment tactic until they moved to a new server which has resolved the issue.

Now, WoWS and WoT release new updates on the same day - guess what? Had to repair WoWS update once and WoT update twice. Where did they find these devs, Romper Room?

[PLAY]
Members
15 posts
4,688 battles

Yes i have the same ,it is realy bad.

Doesnt matter if i play wifi or hard wired,stil the same.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,850 battles
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:12 AM, SgtPops said:

Have had this issue since day one. Tech support says it is MY issues of course. Re-installed the game several times and it temporarily resolves the issue. I have noticed it does seem to get worse when they are testing a new patch. WoT did the same deny and blame the customers' equipment tactic until they moved to a new server which has resolved the issue.

Now, WoWS and WoT release new updates on the same day - guess what? Had to repair WoWS update once and WoT update twice. Where did they find these devs, Romper Room?

I have had this problem for a month now. I have re-installed, it is, as SgtPops states, only a temporary fix, same with flushdns. I have also used CC cleaner, again a temporary fix. Tech support, whom I have always found to be very helpful and understanding on other problems, tell me it is my equipment problem. Unlikely according to the person who ran all the tests and checks (said person is the head honcho for IT AND software at a thirteen nation astronomical observatory near-ish to my loc). I can only play btwn 00.01z and 13.00z, after that time I either get gonged out upon click start battle or up to five minutes into game. Have also been TK'd whilst disconnected (my fault, I am told, as it was an accumulation of TK points over an unspecified time period), no ordinance in air or water, if that is the case I should have been a TK when game started. Overall this is great game, but there does not seem to be the will (or admission of such problem) on the part of WG to resolve this issue.  

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

Thousands of people are playing this game and having a great time ( me included ) and not having the problems you are blaming WG for.  What does that tell you?

Members
426 posts
6,213 battles
6 hours ago, Dadrox said:

Thousands of people are playing this game and having a great time ( me included ) and not having the problems you are blaming WG for.  What does that tell you?

That you're a useless apologist troll conveniently ignoring years of threads for every single title WG has running about the exact same kind of intermittent problems that are not in fact fixed by serial reinstalls.

Based on your posting history you have an excellent rig and fantastic connection; however, I don't believe for a instant that you personally have never had issues with any patches for a WarGaming program.

But if it so personally offends folks of your ilk for players to post about bugs they are experiencing, please let everyone know where would be a better location or method so as to avoid upsetting y'all in the future.

Likewise, did none of the Alpha & Beta testers such as yourself just never say one single word about something that y'all felt wasn't working correctly or could have been better implemented...... oh, wait....

Every program has problems, whether the company responsible will admit to it or not; yet for at least a chance of some resolution the unlucky percentage are going to have to speak up somewhere, right.

So when a problem happens to you as well, be sure to just suck it up since it's all imaginary and solely the fault of your system anyways which until that point ran whichever title perfectly.

When someone makes a post like yours folks are going to see it, and pause to wonder if they should bother trying to relate a problem of their own in hope of a solution; how many that do not is eventually too many.

Because by all means, players like you should keep doing their utmost to drive people away as it's not like there are any other companies out there publishing games or something.

On 10/9/2017 at 8:11 AM, denismc66 said:

Yeah, I had this problem 10 months ago but it went away eventually.

I had this start just prior to the 6.0 patch and couldn't play most all of January & April, then sporadically till around patch 6.4, and on and off since; some patches it clears, some the lag/desync occurrence gets worse;

The only fix I've found is simply to not play for a week or two when the game goes haywire; I reinstalled last Fall and again in Spring plus CC Cleaner etc yet nothing whatsoever changed, the issue just happens.

In actuality, the more I upgrade & optimize my PC the worse the WG titles seem to run on average; I can't begin to imagine how Warplanes & Warships manages to run on what must be typical PCs/connections in RU.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People
  • Cool 1

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

Here are some of the things I've done to my computer to eliminate/mitigate common hiccups/problems associated with demanding games.

Biggy #1: Replaced Mechanical hard drives with SSD's to radically speed up operation, eliminate fragmentation and improve OS and game loading and scene changes.  I peronally run the OS on one ssd and put all games on additional ssd's.  I keep at least 10% of the ssd's drive space free for temp files and housekeeping.

Biggy #2: Installed more RAM than I'll ever use so I can turn off the page file being written to and read from the hard drive.  A page file on a low RAM machine coupled with a mechanical drive can be a real game breaker slowing down the computer while creating it's own lag and desync.

I use hardwired ethernet from computer to router which is hardwired to the modem.  Wifi is not allowed for gaming machines, only phones, tablets and gadgets.

I run the best video card I can afford to make the games look their best.

I use an over powered router so it doesn't restrict the available bandwidth.

I use the biggest internet bandwidth package my ISP offers.  Not usually needed for most games but, makes downloading games, movies and updates a breeze.  Also don't have to run QOS sharing bandwidth with my wife. :)

I use Pingplotter to trace my data paths on the internet to the game servers looking for overloaded lag/packet loss inducing nodes.

When I used to play Everquest II you had to turn down the graphics and effects until your machine could survive going into a Raid with 23 other people.  You could run high settings all night long if you were out soloing but a 24 person raid would bring to it's knees.  The same still holds true here.  Turning everything down until the computer can handle it irregardless how bad it looks.

If I see a problem no one else has identified I'll post in an appropriate forum.  Otherwise I'll usually keep quiet.

Posts blaming WG based on ignorance or lack of knowledge may cause me to surface.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts
On 11/4/2017 at 0:22 PM, Soylent_Red_Isnt_People said:

I had this start just prior to the 6.0 patch and couldn't play most all of January & April, then sporadically till around patch 6.4, and on and off since; some patches it clears, some the lag/desync occurrence gets worse;

The only fix I've found is simply to not play for a week or two when the game goes haywire; I reinstalled last Fall and again in Spring plus CC Cleaner etc yet nothing whatsoever changed, the issue just happens.

In actuality, the more I upgrade & optimize my PC the worse the WG titles seem to run on average; I can't begin to imagine how Warplanes & Warships manages to run on what must be typical PCs/connections in RU.

Ok, Ships has been trucking right along with minor hiccups here and there but, it has never refused to run.

Let's look for clues.

To start with, what are the specifics for the hardware and OS makeup of your PC, network and ISP?

Bear with me, I've worked in communications, computer, networking and fiber optics troubleshooting for 45 years.  Ya, I'm an old fart.  In my profession if you stop learning you die.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

Speed tests are great for verifying you have bandwidth via your ISP but, they don't tell you a thing about the health of the actual internet path going to the game servers.

Get Pingplotter to show you that. 

[NSC]
Members
18 posts
7,038 battles

I am experiencing a lot of lags and drops since the past two updates.  Never had them before and I am connected via Lan.

Very frustrating when you're entering a fight and suddenly boom - you lose your connection.  Any advice?

[WTFAW]
Members
212 posts
8,305 battles
On 10/7/2017 at 8:39 AM, Wulfgarn said:

Appreciate the suggestion.  Unfortunately, didn't work for me, but still, good advice to turn off auto-updater.