Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NotoriousRNG

Stop rewarding the stupidity of radar minotaur players by NOT SHOOTING AT THEM.

44 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,093 battles

These people think it's a viable idea. And you know what? Battleship players let them get away with it, so it kind of is. Two radar minotaurs should not be able to sail straight through Tears of the Epicancer shooting a DD for 3 whole minutes without even getting a scratch.

This is a meme that needs to die, and it's up to battleship players to stop it. Please think of the DD's.

• Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,543 battles

Radar Mino is very viable, if not without cover because no smoke. It's not stupid, it's more like your BBs on that team didn't want to take a shot.

• Cool 5

Alpha Tester
1,306 posts
9,373 battles

I sense salt, I will continue playing my radar mini. It's so much fun going to a cap and spotting 4-5 DDs when they don't expect it. It's like turning on a light and watching a bunch of cockroaches scatter.

• Cool 8

[-VT3-]
Members
1,625 posts
3,364 battles

The fact that radar minotaurs caused you to rage on the forums proves that the tactic has merit.  My mindset when playing any cruiser is "what can I do to be an absolute [redacted] to the enemy?"

• Cool 6

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,304 posts
6,575 battles

Whoever made the OP mad, your tactic worked. Congratulations, first round of beer will go on me

• Cool 6

[-GPS-]
Members
2,536 posts
24,992 battles
29 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

That just never gets old :D

When they had a Minotaur mission on the public test server, there were so many Minos I just had to try RADAR MINO. It was fun playing Solo, but when a buddy added his Gearing the results were hilarious. 

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
41 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Whoever made the OP mad, your tactic worked. Congratulations, first round of beer will go on me

I second this +1!:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,044 posts
6,722 battles

no, those Minotaurs deserve to live, because they had the guts to bring out RADAR instead of smoke, that takes a special kind of brave, they know the risk they take when they choose radar over smoke in a ship that eats citadels every time a BB so much as catches it in its peripheral vision

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles

Oh I love seeing Radar Minotaurs in my Des Moines. They can never hope to get away from me!

Members
675 posts
3,956 battles
48 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

no, those Minotaurs deserve to live, because they had the guts to bring out RADAR instead of smoke, that takes a special kind of brave, they know the risk they take when they choose radar over smoke in a ship that eats citadels every time a BB so much as catches it in its peripheral vision

You are so right! When I choose radar over smoke for my Minotaur, I need to maintain a maximum situation awareness. Every island is a friend of mine. Positioning and timing is key. Playing with my concealment (8,9 km) and when to turn or not my ship is something to think quickly.

A key attribute that can help a lot besides maxing concealment (concealment expert captain skill + concealment module) is to take radio position finding skill (RPF). That combined with the radar consumable with premium consumable option, a Jack Dunkirk captain with Jack of all trade at 10 % reduction of cooldown time and the 5 % cooldown time reduction (November Foxtrot flag) and you become a DD hunter nightmare! :cap_popcorn::cap_rambo:

Finally, add the special radar module and the nightmare last for 56 seconds and is repeatable again and again. :Smile_coin:

DD : You can run but you can't hide from me!

Edited by JJDOU3D

Members
675 posts
3,956 battles
14 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Oh I love seeing Radar Minotaurs in my Des Moines. They can never hope to get away from me!

You better kill me quickly cause I'll rain you AP shells at a fast pace ;-)

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
Just now, JJDOU3D said:

Your citadel damage is 3,200. Mine is 5,000. Shot-for-shot, you fire faster, but I have better arcs at close range.

However, I am much more armored than you and I can angle against your shells sharply and still be able to fire 2/3 of my firepower, while you can only fire 2/5 if you try to angle.

Des Moines is the ultimate Minotaur hunter.

Members
675 posts
3,956 battles
Just now, Carrier_Lexington said:

Your citadel damage is 3,200. Mine is 5,000. Shot-for-shot, you fire faster, but I have better arcs at close range.

However, I am much more armored than you and I can angle against your shells sharply and still be able to fire 2/3 of my firepower, while you can only fire 2/5 if you try to angle.

Des Moines is the ultimate Minotaur hunter.

I didn't say it was not a challenge to kill your Des Moines. As I said in a past post, positioning is key. So I'll probably be near an island and shoot you torpedoes at the same time, one at a time for many times while I'm shooting at you. It does not garantee I'll finish you, but you better be good at shooting and dodging.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
Just now, JJDOU3D said:

It does not garantee I'll finish you, but you better be good at shooting and dodging.

And you better hope that I'm coming around the island in the way that you are expecting me to... ;)

Members
675 posts
3,956 battles
1 minute ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

And you better hope that I'm coming around the island in the way that you are expecting me to... ;)

That's a mouse and cat game. I could anticipate you too. The result would certainly be uncertain for both of us. But exciting play ahead for both of us.

Edited by JJDOU3D

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
Just now, JJDOU3D said:

That's a mouse and cat game. I could anticipate you too.

Aha! But I'll anticipate your anticipation, and then anticipate that you will anticipate that I will anticipate your anticipation!

You will never know which way I'm coming from!

*Comes at you from above and rams you*

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
4 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Aha! But I'll anticipate your anticipation, and then anticipate that you will anticipate that I will anticipate your anticipation!

These are warships, not airships. :Smile_hiding:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

These are warships, not airships. :Smile_hiding:

They will be once I finish my master-plan of strapping SRBs to a Des Moines!

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

Members
675 posts
3,956 battles
5 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

That's why the result is uncertain each time. But I could throw a joker and radar you through the island at the appropriate moment, making you visible for me at will ;-)

[OPG]
Members
3,967 posts
5,666 battles
3 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

They will be once I finish my master-plan of strapping SRBs to a Des Moines!

Ah...but he would see that coming and spec for AAA....allowing him to shoot you down before you can ram.

[HYDRA]
Members
500 posts
2,513 battles

Don't forget this.  Also, if you play DDs and have gotten to that tier, you should already know to stick to islands if there is anything that has radar that is either 

A. Nearby or

B. Undetected,

...and although you will still get detected, ships can't shoot through islands and you can sit back there for a minute or so until they go away.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

Ah...but he would see that coming and spec for AAA....allowing him to shoot you down before you can ram.

Hmm.... Good point.

Okay, we are abandoning that master plan in order to do the master fall-back plan: make it a submarine.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,438 battles
1 hour ago, JJDOU3D said:

MY hindy would LOVE for you to try that.... ONCE.... cause thats the only chance you have.... one..

Sign in to follow this