You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Varathius

Okt. Revo. Nerf ?

47 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
167 posts

I am simply put, tired of seeing Okt. Rev. being top ranked in tier 6 matches with captains of 40% W/L.... Just now, first and second in team those two ships. This is literally going to become a joke once the good players have them too. It will be like 10 Tirp vs 10 Tirp type of matches soon, mark my words. Have a great weekend. Xoxo

• Cool 1

Members
3,725 posts
15,059 battles

Premium ships don't get nerfs. Here are your options:

> wait until it dies off

> git gud

> if you can't beat them, join them
> play tiers that don't meet the ship

• Cool 8

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles

Nerf, I don't think so. It doesn't come into its own until it can engage at less than 10km, and then it exposes itself to do full broadsides. I have literally outrun the turrets in a DD, and circled them while they are completely helpless.

I also have one, and yeah, anytime a new line like this is introduced everybody gets one. In a month only a few will be out with any regularity.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles
59 minutes ago, Varathius said:

I am simply put, tired of seeing Okt. Rev. being top ranked in tier 6 matches with captains of 40% W/L.... Just now, first and second in team those two ships. This is literally going to become a joke once the good players have them too. It will be like 10 Tirp vs 10 Tirp type of matches soon, mark my words. Have a great weekend. Xoxo

UG031Uw.gif

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

So...what your saying is, is that you are tired of seeing players doing well in a ship, and you want it nerfed...OK then.

• Cool 5

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,166 posts
14,583 battles

I ran into an October Revolution once with Gneisenau.  It made a cool bump as my ship sailed over its sinking carcass :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4

[SIM]
Members
2,542 posts
4,186 battles

The October Revolution doesn't need any kind of nerf, brain dead captains just need to stop sailing broadside on to the thing at medium to short range. Against people that don't play like potatoes, it's a novel but mediocre ship at best. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
3 hours ago, Varathius said:

http://gRaeCK8.jpg

http://XuDbkrB.jpg

http://Pj4aQfN.jpg

Edited by abyssofthetriffid

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Like anything new, it has weaknesses that will become common knowledge in time (or to those who read LWM reviews).  It'll settle in soon.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,472 battles

This new Russian bb is a joke compared to true Russian bias. Gremy

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,874 battles

I took out my Kongo just to watch them, they didn't really strike me as anything special.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles
4 hours ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

It's a fun ship to play, sort of a tier 5 Nikolai with some AA.  But it has some glaring weaknesses, not the least of which is 8/10 battles get uptiered to tier 7

Hehehehehe... I did some pretty serious damage to that "tier 5 Nikolai" with my Nelson last night...

Members
1,866 posts

Gotta play the Soviet national anthem when you take it out. :Smile_izmena:

Seriously though, people are already figuring out it's weaknesses: poor citadel protection and crappy turret traverse.

[IXM]
Members
195 posts
3,445 battles

As many have said you just have to know how to kill it.  Its broadside protection will not stop any BB shell, but its angled protection will.  But due to turret layout you can only get 1 or 2 turrets on target when angled.  The AA is ok if you aren't specced for it but a good cross drop will still do tons of damage.  The biggest advantage that ship has if properly specced is the 11.4km detection range.  You can get in close, hit them hard a couple of times and then go dark to make your escape.

The best thing you can do to fight that ship is keep it spotted.  If it is spotted it can't reliably show its broadside to make a turn to get away.  It will get punished hard.  Play smart and you will either limit what the ship can do or you'll outplay the other captain and take him out.

Beta Testers
167 posts

Ok, since I will be gone anyway during the event, I went ahead and bought this. My God....first game 4 kills, top scorer and I even forgot to add cpt skills and mod it (no joke, since I was in a rush...), since then played approx. 10 games. Basically top 3 each time, even when losing and I am an average player, nothing more and nothing less. I watched no movies on this, nothing, did not even read review and probably added not efficient captain skills. Yeah well, this is my favorite BB at mid-tier. Beats being Nikolai on matches with 2 CVs, this thing dodges torps like there is no tomorrow, let alone its decent AA even manages to shoot down 1-2 planes on approach and another 1-2 leaving... So much more fun than any other mid-tier BB I played so far. I would paste screenshots but for some reason when I prnt screen, all I get is a black sheet when copy pasting to paint. Will use my smart phone on next matches now that I remember that option too.

Edited by Varathius

Members
638 posts
741 battles

People just aren't used to it, and do stupid stuff and forget about the low pen AP, weakspots, lack of citadel protection, and crapturrets.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,981 posts
7,530 battles

So, because these not so good players finally have a ship they can make work, you want to take it away from them? Make no mistake, it's the 40%-ish players you're really steamed about, or you'd never have included them in this.

This thread isn't about the Okt. Revo, it's about the OP wanting to keep not so good players "in their place", meaning, getting the snot beat out of them match after match. You're such a credit to the community.

Btw, Okt. Revo is in no way an OP ship. Stop crying for nerfs to things just because YOU don't like it.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
167 posts
12 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

So, because these not so good players finally have a ship they can make work, you want to take it away from them? Make no mistake, it's the 40%-ish players you're really steamed about, or you'd never have included them in this.

This thread isn't about the Okt. Revo, it's about the OP wanting to keep not so good players "in their place", meaning, getting the snot beat out of them match after match. You're such a credit to the community.

Btw, Okt. Revo is in no way an OP ship. Stop crying for nerfs to things just because YOU don't like it.

Completely wrong and perhaps not making wild assumptions over a forum? If you really think that, why not contact me via message so I can explain in more detail, but do not make wild assumptions, I do not have many forum posts as you can see, I am not a forum warrior nor do I at all want below average players to lose an advantage. I have this ship now and it is completely way too OP, period. I saw player performance before I bought it, I saw Okt. Revos dominate the scoreboards at first. I have seen this a lot, and then, I did what I extremely rarely do, I looked some of those players up, and it cannot be that below average players with less than 500 battles, suddenly dominate scoreboards on T6 and T7 battles, in a T5 ships. Since I will be travelling during the event and because I saw its performance, I bought it. A crap captain sits inside of it, I had no modules at first (forgot to add), and I won the match with ease and top scorer. I am a huge fan of the Nikolai but the constant 2 CV ships and the lack of player knowledge at T4 of protecting BBs with cruisers, but without CVs, I know what the definition of OP is. This ship, is basically another Nikolai with amazing AA on top of it. I am no longer scared of two CVs in-game as I can dodge torps at start taking least hits, while shooting down airplanes. Additionally, I use HE rounds at start as I rush towards caps, when my DDs detect one enemy DD that is less than 10 km, if that DD does not smoke up immediately he is obliterated with 1 volley. Shells land very closely together, fast travel time and by Freyja, that damage!!!!! This is the BEST Anti-DD ship at this stage in mid-tier, in my opinion, I mean, I blasted DDs with one volley and they are a joke to hit, really, a joke. 

Soon, many of you will have this ship. You will be amazed by it, especially you guys that always wanted a Nikolai, well here is one with AA that is most the times put in T4 -5 battles and with this BB you do not have to fear DDs nor CVs at this current meta.

So yes, I am now even more for a nerf on this ship because I even lost interest in the Arizona since I got this beast. Extremely easy ship to handle, mad fun, then again, what else is to be expected with OP Khabas, Gremys, Nikolais ;)

[FLEUR]
Members
29 posts
7,006 battles
18 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Is a couple of 85k damage games in a t5 bb supposed to mean something?

Apparently so! Ooh, let me try!

218ec0e77f.jpg

9 kills with Colorado. Clearly OP ship, needs to be banned!

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles

I haven't felt that Oktobutts is OP in the least.

The concealment is amazing, but the guns still feel like they are lacking in TTM, penetration and accuracy for the concealment it can get.

If you want an OP ship to club with, look no further than Orion.

JEPU1ZV.jpg