Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ddoubletapp1

North Carolina - A Pretty Damn Fine Boat!

8 comments in this topic

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

The USN BB line was one of the first I ground up - and honestly, I struggled with it

The Colorado was rough (for me) - I can't tell you how many times I over-extended, got isolated - then focused down without the speed necessary to make any sort of escape.

When I (finally) ground the XP required to move up to the NC, I was ecstatic - however, being up-tiered into T10 games was more than my skill level was ready for - ha ha!

So - the NC got shelved for many months, while I ran all the way up the KM BB line (amongst others) - their durability was more forgiving of my limited skillz! .

A few days ago, I decided to give it another go - and am I ever glad I did!

What a blast that ship is.  I've been alternating it with my DM - playing them in much the same way - rushing up on caps, covering the DDs, using islands to mask in and out and playing peek-a-boom with the red cruisers pushing up.

It doesn't always work, of course - sometimes I get focused quickly, or show broadsides to just the wrong Montana on the other side of the map - but when it works, its a blast.

The quick rudder, good speed, excellent stealth, fast turrets and hard hitting AP with ballistics that allow one to shoot over islands - unseen at times - make it a pretty flexible boat.  And I can't tell you how often I've caught the reds at a disadvantage while pushing the cap, early game - like me, I think most players are used to seeing the NC sailing broadside at range, wasting shots at that ridiculous 27KM range - ha ha!

There are a number of BBs I enjoy playing (Tirp/Bis, GK, Nagato, Amagi) - but honestly - the NC is number one with a SHS - so glad I took it up again.

I just purchased the Iowa - and am looking forward to the grind.

Anyway - enjoy the match (181.9K DMG,HC, Conf, DS, FB).

[PVE]
Members
5,618 posts
18,209 battles

After the CO the NC is a dreamboat! I just unlocked Iowa but am keeping the NC because she is so much fun to play. She was also one of the first non CV ships that I free xp'd the upgrades on as well since she was seeing tier 10's. The Colorado was a huge grind and was glad to be rid of her. I think the NC grind was probably a bit longer, but it really did not feel all that bad IMHO. 

• Cool 1

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

Agreed!

I played the NC in 34 matches - over the last few days - alternating her with the DM -as their turret lay-out, stealth and arcs allow them to be played in similar ways - hardly felt like a "grind" at all.

I've also moved on to the Iowa - but have put a 14 pt skipper aboard the NC, and will continue to sail her regularly.  The satisfaction of topping the scoreboard with a T8 boat, in a mostly T10 match doesn't seem to get old - ha ha!

Edited by ddoubletapp1

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

NC would be much more enjoyable if she got her citadel retracted a little more inside the boat.....

That cit out on the edge, its good for surprise -50,000 dmg.....

Its amusingly disturbing in coops to watch NC drivers take it straight into the AI and promptly die.  All the while, being whittled down, burning, getting shot to hell and all thye do is go straight and true into the enemy guns......

Just last night saw a NC captain drive right up to a Tirpitz and some RUssian thing, NC guy got lucky that the AI either didnt have or didnt wanna shoot their torps....either way, guy took a cit hit from like 2 km from the Tirp and promptly sunk without killing either enemy...

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

NO is probably my favorite tech tree boat on that line. I actually much prefer her over my Montana. My favorite premium in the line is the Alabama. Both of these just feel right.

[CDMX]
Members
95 posts
5,208 battles
9 hours ago, Rodak26 said:

Great to hear. I am about 1/2 way through Colorado already. I am looking forward to the NC

She worth the effort.

I feel more comfortable on NC than in Missouri. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this