You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JunkwaffelXXI

done with challenges for awhile

10 comments in this topic

[TWBNS]
Members
82 posts
11,411 battles

Destroy 20 planes.  Sounds simple enough.  14 games later and haven't seen a single CV.  Tired of wasting my time.  Why doesn't WG ever seem to think these things through?

Edited by JunkwaffelXXI

Members
780 posts
6,740 battles

Tier IV and up... buy then play a CV? get your 20 kills then sell it if you dont want it... or keep it for the next lot of plane kill challenges.

[PVE]
Members
5,643 posts
18,236 battles
14 minutes ago, JunkwaffelXXI said:

Destroy 20 planes.  Sounds simple enough.  14 games later and haven't seen a single CV.  Tired of wasting my time.  Why doesn't WG ever seem to think these things through?

Yeah this is always my luck. The best way thru it is to take a carrier out yourself. I dug up my Bogue out of retirement and had at it. Had an epic fight, got a Kraken even. Had so much fun I took her out again and got my booty handed to me! 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I'm not into CVs myself, but I finished that in a CV. Matter of fact anything that comes up taking out planes I run a CV.

The Hosho and Langley can get up tiered, so be prepared If you have an enemy Bogue. He's just gonna stomp you if he's running 2/1/0.

As suggested try to run a Bogue with 2/1/0 setup.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

Play tier 4 and division up with a tier 4 CV, you will see a CV.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
1 hour ago, Dahdrael said:

Tier IV and up... buy then play a CV? get your 20 kills then sell it if you dont want it... or keep it for the next lot of plane kill challenges.

I used to keep a Bogue which I ran with air superiority build just to do the daily missions (yeah it was that long ago) and it worked very well in that role. Also a very easy learning curve on that ship.

[SAA]
Members
859 posts
27,332 battles

I have 1 task left in Honorable Service and I well have completed all 40 tasks, guess what task it is, that's right shot down 35 planes in a CA or BB.  Now try to get a CV stupid enough to fly over your ship that is capable of shooting down 35 planes.  I have been trying for over a month!  Even if you div with a CV, good luck in the hopes of getting a noob CV, might have a better chance at hitting the lotto.

I hate it that WG comes up with tasks that are more geared to luck and not a players abilities.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
1 hour ago, JunkwaffelXXI said:

I believe they do $$$.. but I know what your saying my campaigns have not moved in weeks, I just forget about them now the $$$ comes in when they want you to complete like 20 planes in a mediocre AA ship course if you got a ship with better AA $$ that would help