Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Okay- next Challenge, please!

3 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,236 posts

So, I just finished the UK Combat mission for 1,000,000 damage- using Danae and Iron Duke.  Hood got played some, too, but those games were less than stellar, play quality-wise.

In the process, I managed to nearly grind completely through Danae.  Interesting ship.  I tried it once, months ago and hated it- stopping after only a couple of games.  Today, it clicked.  I decided to have at it today on a whim, and ended up liking the ship quite a bit.  Not necessarily good, per se, but it sure is fun!  Very destroyer-esque action packed adrenaline junkie playstyle.  Last match was nearly 86k damage, TEN torpedo hits, 2 kills, and much laughing like Claus.   This speedy little ship lands citadel hits like nobody's business on enemy cruisers.  Really annoys destroyers, too.

Someone said that Emerald is a lot like this, just improved a bit.  ie " If you like Danae, you'll like Emerald- and if you hate the one, you'll hate both".  I'm now eager to find out.   I still don't care for Leander, though...

Iron Duke is a fun one as well, but holy crap- paint dries faster than those turrets turn!!  It also feels very sluggish to drive.  You can't fault those secondaries, either.  Reminds me of Nassau- get into secondary range of any victim, and watch as they beat the stuffing out of them!   Seems very sturdy- I've done quite a it of brawling in it, and survived nearly every time.  Heck, one match I got 5 kills!  2 of us went to cap C- 5 of the reds came to stop us.  My cruiser buddy got squashed fairly quickly, and I managed to not only weather the storm, but kill them all!   Including a sweet 1 salvo deletion of a Kirov- with HE, and a secondary kill of the DD.  Too bad it was in Co-op. or I'd have had a Kraken and a Solo Warrior, at the very least.

I know this is only a tier 5, and I played it because I got it for free, and it fit the mission parameters.  I want to start at the bottom, but the mission is for this weekend only.  Seems like a real beast, when it gets in it's element.  And a real goat when it isn't.

Now back to my regularly scheduled New Orleans and Hipper grind.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,155 posts
10,138 battles

Yeah, Iron Duke, my first Kraken in one of those things. I am too focused on the Yamamoto thing to drive much UK stuff at the moment, tho. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,236 posts

Oh, me too- I just wanted to do that mission.   Sort of a nice break from grinding towards Des Moines and Hindy.  I kinda burned myself out getting Montana.

Sign in to follow this