q_sertorius

15 Pt Yamamoto Plan: ATAGO!!

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

25 posts in this topic

Good Day All!

(Remember! I love my USN Cruisers, but I want to learn Ship Trops, hate DD's, and need to use a Tier 8 Ship!..)

I have a 15 point Yamamoto Captain is coming!  So here's my plan!..  Once I get him I will have almost 900,000 Free, and Elite Commander Xp.  I plan to make him a 19 point Captain, put him on an ATAGO, and figure out how to use Trops!...  Am I right out of her!?...  Or is this a viable plan?...   What would be the best load out for Ship, and Captain?.

Thank you for Comments in advance

q_sertorius

Edited by q_sertorius

Well, remember to assign the captain to another IJN DD or Cruiser.  You can always run him on the Atago.  Don't waste a retraining by training just to the Atago.

8 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Well, remember to assign the captain to another IJN DD or Cruiser.  You can always run him on the Atago.  Don't waste a retraining by training just to the Atago.

Wow, intelligent and helpful advice without a trace of sarcasm; plus 1 Sir, plus 1!

(seriously, am I on the right forum?)

Go to shipcomrade.com and look at their Atago captain skills. I use the one most recommended and it works just fine. And definitely what Warped_1 said - train him to a tech tree ship and run him on Atago, too.

Edited by Khafni

Does he have any unique skills like Jack Dunkirk ?

I just got the Cruiser Camos that we get with the collection and they're NOT permanent. It's just Type 1, Type 2, Type 5, and Type 6 camo with a choice of green or blue.

Atago is so basic as a Japanese cruiser that you are good to put him in anything else.

Me, personally, I'm going to put him in Mogami because I like it better.  Not that Atago is bad, just that it's a silver earner that plays like all the other Japanese Cruisers (with better torp angles) while Mogami is truly unique and historically significant.  It was the first ship I really wanted when I heard about this game.

On 10/26/2017 at 5:39 PM, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Atago is so basic as a Japanese cruiser that you are good to put him in anything else.

Me, personally, I'm going to put him in Mogami because I like it better.  Not that Atago is bad, just that it's a silver earner that plays like all the other Japanese Cruisers (with better torp angles) while Mogami is truly unique and historically significant.  It was the first ship I really wanted when I heard about this game.

I hope I feel the same about my Atago as you do about your Mogami buddy!!

If I wasn't trying to unlock every bote in the game I would be happy with the Mogami alone.  Atago is good though if you like the rest of the Japanese cruisers because it has guns much the same.  Mogami and Akizuki are great Tier VIIIs because their guns are unique

1 minute ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

If I wasn't trying to unlock every bote in the game I would be happy with the Mogami alone.  Atago is good though if you like the rest of the Japanese cruisers because it has guns much the same.  Mogami and Akizuki are great Tier VIIIs because their guns are unique

I like the forward shooting Torps in the Atago, and the Main Guns are close to what i am used to in the USN line! And it fills my lack of Tier 8 Cruiser!!  Hee hee!...

Atago's a Gud Bote. She's Admiral Yamamoto's primary mount. (I have only 3 IJN ships; Atago, Yubari, and Katori) She's probably the best Tier 8 Cruiser in my port. My only complaint about her is the short range on her guns. (15.78 km)

On 10/30/2017 at 2:34 AM, ReddNekk said:

Atago's a Gud Bote. She's Admiral Yamamoto's primary mount. (I have only 3 IJN ships; Atago, Yubari, and Katori) She's probably the best Tier 8 Cruiser in my port. My only complaint about her is the short range on her guns. (15.78 km)

I got my 19 point Yamamoto Captain and Atago!!  I also got Katori for my Captain to play with!  So far, it is all working out good!!  hee hee

I took Atago out for the first time in months and I had forgotten how well these botes turn.  Atago being so poorly armored and being an HE spammer, I don't even bother with the concealment mod and go for both turning mods instead.  Always firing, always dodging, always torping...except today I got chased down by the first CV I have seen in days and was made ded

2 hours ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Katori sounds painful with that slow speed.  I don't like any of the low tier cruisers except maybe the Danae.

Katori's plodding speed cam be a PITA, but that's the only downside to her and she's surprising tough considering her paper thin armor. Her guns are excellent for her tier. Her torpedoes don't hit very hard but have a very fast reload and decent range. IFHE is your friend on this ship.

You dang sure aint going to push a fight with her, and you cant run when things go sour, but she's overall a good fighting ship. I have fun driving Katori. :cap_like:

Edited by ReddNekk

7 hours ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Katori sounds painful with that slow speed.  I don't like any of the low tier cruisers except maybe the Danae.

For some reason no one ever plays attention to me when I am in her!!  I usually get good games..  hee hee

6 hours ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

I took Atago out for the first time in months and I had forgotten how well these botes turn.  Atago being so poorly armored and being an HE spammer, I don't even bother with the concealment mod and go for both turning mods instead.  Always firing, always dodging, always torping...except today I got chased down by the first CV I have seen in days and was made ded

4 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Katori's plodding speed cam be a PITA, but that's the only downside to her and she's surprising tough considering her paper thin armor. Her guns are excellent for her tier. Her torpedoes don't hit very hard but have a very fast reload and decent range. IFHE is your friend on this ship.

You dang sure aint going to push a fight with her, and you cant run when things go sour, but she's overall a good fighting ship. I have fun driving Katori. :cap_like:

I Love that little ship, with my 19 pt Yamamoto, she's a blast!!

one of the great things about this game is that it's fun at any tier.  I wish they would do a no crapranked season at tier II or III.  All of those little botes and lumbering baBBies could be just as engaging as high tier if played by skilled players, but it would be an entirely different meta.  

My yamamoto will likely see service in all of these ships, lol:     umikaze, kamiR, kami, fujin, harekaze, arp purple kongo, arp green kongo, arp pink kongo, arp red myoko.  

22 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

My yamamoto will likely see service in all of these ships, lol:     umikaze, kamiR, kami, fujin, harekaze, arp purple kongo, arp green kongo, arp pink kongo, arp red myoko.  

Hmmm I did not think about making him a DD captain...... That might be a great idea. Could use him to farm elite commander XP. Use him on what ever line you have the most ships in. Thanks to the ARP ships there are a crap ton of Ships you could put him on.

Just now, paradat said:

Hmmm I did not think about making him a DD captain...... That might be a great idea. Could use him to farm elite commander XP. Use him on what ever line you have the most ships in. Thanks to the ARP ships there are a crap ton of Ships you could put him on.

Really you should use him on whatever ship you get the most krakens with.  Otherwise he's basically a normal captain with red tracers.  DD's tend to have the majority of first blood's too.  

5 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Really you should use him on whatever ship you get the most krakens with.  Otherwise he's basically a normal captain with red tracers.  DD's tend to have the majority of first blood's too.  

Yeah that's true. For me is real value may not be his special skills but rather his commander xp potential. I have a crap ton of prem BB's and CA's so..... So put him on the Yamato or Zao then play for the first win on all of the prem ships in that line.... My Shima Captian is all ready 19 so... maybe best to go for the BB or CA. Will have to count all the prems up and see which is better.

2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah that's true. For me is real value may not be his special skills but rather his commander xp potential. I have a crap ton of prem BB's and CA's so..... So put him on the Yamato or Zao then play for the first win on all of the prem ships in that line.... My Shima Captian is all ready 19 so... maybe best to go for the BB or CA. Will have to count all the prems up and see which is better.

Well once you have a 19 for a bunch of stuff, every other captain just kinda follows.   

I am looking forward to the umikaze yamamoto kraken with low health AR kicked in... because torpedo soup at t2.  lol.  

35 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Well once you have a 19 for a bunch of stuff, every other captain just kinda follows.   

I am looking forward to the umikaze yamamoto kraken with low health AR kicked in... because torpedo soup at t2.  lol.  

That is a good point and will be pretty dang fun as well.