You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WanderingGhost

"Shoot down 30 planes in a battle"

14 comments in this topic

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,454 posts
8,107 battles

So, going through the Yamamoto missions, I figured "I'm close enough to tier 9, I'll go for shoot down 30 planes in a match with a BB. Unlock Freddy, look at the stock numbers, well, even with an AA build, not exactly impressive. So, I figure much as it's a large chunk and sets me back, again, on Nelson or Mo, screw it, get the Iowa. And boy do I wish my ability to screen cap was working (not sure why it isn't) - 

Spoiler

9nehf0k.png

Has the flag that adds 10% to AA damage, Seagal has BFT and AFT, and the 40 mm guns are at 337 DPS and the 127 mm guns are at 228, and just letting them fire alone is 24.1% chance to knock out a plane from my Essex, 31% if I focus them. And as the quote goes "This isn't even my final form".  I still have 10% to be added to DPS and range once he's fully trained, 2 hull upgrades, and I could once I get the points throw in manual AA for the lol's. Which, will likely bring my AA without the 20 mm guns to about or over 1000 DPS, which would be about 50% chance every second I down a plane, likely higher since I'm not factoring the 30% from having to focus them for the 100% to the long range guns. Not to mention what it would do to lower tier planes from out tiered carriers.

Then again, I get the feelig I'll have to use Freedy anyway, something tells me out of spite the game will never put me in a match with a CV. :Smile_hiding: Seeing as for once OP ashell AA will actually work in my favour, and this kind of insane AA would make it too easy if the planes actually get near me.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,752 battles

I'm super close to the Taiho, would you like it if I div with you? We'll eventually get it, just message me in-game. I'll try to bait as many planes as possible to you.

• Cool 1

Members
3,564 posts
6,893 battles

Easy peezy. Man the Hood and pray for a newb CV player to target you. I've nailed 15 planes in 20 seconds.

[rockets, eh?]

[OPRAH]
Members
1,027 posts
6,593 battles

The Kii is also surprisingly good at fooling CVs into thinking I'm a helpless IJN BB with little AA protection.

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

Hmm finally found a way I might be able to troll GZ AP bombers, do you think that kind of AA rating will be the same on the Missouri?

Members
1,308 posts
21,107 battles
55 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Just repeat missions multiple times.

I think it has to be done in one battle

[SOV]
Beta Testers
1,498 posts
5,857 battles
19 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

I think it has to be done in one battle

He was probably referring to the other missions which have easier requirements to accomplish, like earning 40k exp, which are all repeatable.

Short of actually playing a CV, trying to accomplish this mission means requiring on factors outside your control. CVs, the least played class, have to be present and to get 30 kills they would have to target you or someone very near you multiple times. 

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
304 posts
5,188 battles

I did it in one battle with my hipper. I was up against a tier 6 ijn cv. He got so frustrated he couldn't attack anything around me that when I had him in range to shoot him he bombed himself and burned to death. I proceded to sail around and mop up his remaining planes. The independence was as build on our team and I shot down more planes lol.

[PSP]
Members
6,309 posts
8,935 battles

I got 36 planes in my Cleveland versus two CVs. Unfortunately, it didn't count as the Cleveland is tier VI. I've been trying in my North Carolina to complete the mission but tier VIII-X CV drivers seem to stay well clear of a North Carolina.

I wish someone would send planes near me. With a 2ndary build commander plus the AA module and the AA signal flag, the North Carolina has an AA rating of 100. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[SYN]
Members
14,456 posts
10,465 battles
3 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Easy peezy. Man the Hood and pray for a newb CV player to target you. I've nailed 15 planes in 20 seconds.

[rockets, eh?]

You have to do it in a T8 or higher.