You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

As a BB captain, which one makes you crapyour pants more?

31 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,944 posts
7,259 battles
11 hours ago, Grizley said:

A Minotaur won't citadel you, and if you're at a slight angle he's stuck aiming for superstructure.  So basically the same thing as him being in smoke 12km away.

The Des Moines at that range can citadel the BB, every 5 seconds.

ya forgot the mino has torps...

[WOLF5]
Members
1,828 posts
2,524 battles
On 10/7/2017 at 7:47 AM, Shadeylark said:

ya forgot the mino has torps...

Yup, that's what I was referring too, 8 torps, good-bye me.

However, what the Des Moines can do to broadside BBs at close ranges is ludicrous.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
On 10/6/2017 at 8:36 PM, Brohk said:

Yep, this. Kill the Khab's support and you can hunt it down at leisure or just ignore it altogether, the Conqueror is a flame throwing monster that (dis)appears at will.

Yeah, this feels like bravado. 

I just finished a game where I 1:1'd a Iowa from full health to death in a Kebab. There was never even a question of "hunt it down at your leisure". The Iowa was dead meat the second I opened fire on it. It was just a matter of time. He knew it too, the poor slob.

Sure, it's not tier 10, but any bb who thinks they can treat a Kebab as a "ignore" is kidding themselves badly. 

[TFLT]
Members
102 posts
2,727 battles

As a Khab player, I do enjoy harassing BBs and Hunting down DDs. And if a BB at 10-11 km gives me broadside, AP doing 3k+ a volley every 4ish seconds is no joke. I am also amazed at how many DDs will try and duel 1 on 1 with me. I turn away, maneuver and chew them up typically. Even with cruisers I just turn and burn and do ok.

But all of that takes a LOT of work. It is one of the most high intensity ships in the game. You HAVE TO pay attention to the enemies and know your priorities. If you bite off too much, too close you will pay. Her turn is only ok and battleship AP seems to do a lot more pens then overpen if you're not careful. It's comical how many people will target you the instant you're spotted. 

I think the concealment Nerf to 9.7 km was a blessing in disguise. It gives you some space to work with and go evasive. I rarely run in to a surprise, OH CRAP moment.

Edited by Caducus46
  • Cool 1