You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

As a BB captain, which one makes you crapyour pants more?

31 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
2,897 posts
5,717 battles

Conq is more immediately dangerous, but Khab is more able to work in caps, which wins games. Depending on how aggressive you are, that answer should vary.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Beta Testers
1,055 posts
13,833 battles
16 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Conqueror is a threat, Khab is a nuisance. 

Couldn't agree more.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,143 battles

Khab. You can hit the Conk. The [edited] Khab will laugh at your attempts to shoot him, and keep up an endless stream of HE, and spotting you for everyone else on his team. You can't run away from him like you can the conqueror. Just had a game, where I got lit up by both a Khab and a Conqueror. I turned and ran, but even the IA can't outrun the Khab, so he just kept on spotting me, and he and the conq kept on lighting me up. finally extinguished the flames, just get into concealment, and the Khabs final salvo light me on fire, spotting me for everyone.

The worst part is that armor that laughs at cruiser HE. On the PTS, me in a Donskoi, a Benson, and a BB chased a Khab that had gotten around to our CV. In a cyclone, we went charging up, just as I pop radar to spot him, he gets the CV, he shatters mine and the Benson's HE, then smokes up when the radar gives out. I charge down, he pops out, laughs off the 12 rounds of 180mm IFHE and torps me. He (on 2K HP) proceeds to nearly kill the full HP benson, who had to use AP to take 3 minutes to kill him.

I normally ignore the whiners who claim such and such a ship is OP, but I'm with them on the Khab, that ship is ridiculous. The Conqueror too, but I can at least hit and damage the Conqueror.

• Cool 3

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,799 battles
8 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Surprise Des Moines.

At 5km.

Your guns are facing the wrong way.

Poops pants goes back to Port.

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
19 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Surprise Des Moines.

At 5km.

Your guns are facing the wrong way.

This one. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,143 battles
16 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

This one. 

Even worse? A Minotaur...

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
39 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Even worse? A Minotaur...

A Minotaur won't citadel you, and if you're at a slight angle he's stuck aiming for superstructure.  So basically the same thing as him being in smoke 12km away.

The Des Moines at that range can citadel the BB, every 5 seconds.

[SOV]
Beta Testers
1,498 posts
5,857 battles
3 hours ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Conqueror is a threat, Khab is a nuisance. 

Yep, this. Kill the Khab's support and you can hunt it down at leisure or just ignore it altogether, the Conqueror is a flame throwing monster that (dis)appears at will.

Members
1,308 posts
21,107 battles

Khab is worse I think.

It's constant harassment can make you have to alter your plans to deal with or avoid it.

It's hard to hit sometimes, and can be really annoying.

The Conqueror is just another BB to me.  Though I'm only at the Monarch now, which is actually the first RN BB I enjoy.  Although I did kinda zip through the earlier tiers and probably haven't played them enough.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
1 hour ago, Grizley said:

A Minotaur won't citadel you, and if you're at a slight angle he's stuck aiming for superstructure.  So basically the same thing as him being in smoke 12km away.

Seriously you play up the Des Moines' abilities far too much. I fear Moskva's 22cm railguns punching through my armor at anything other than bow-in far more than any Des Moines that eats citadels from my 15.5cm secondaries.

Edited by AraAragami

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
34 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Seriously you play up the Des Moines' abilities far too much. I fear Moskva's 22cm railguns punching through my armor at anything other than bow-in far more than any Des Moines that eats citadels from my 15.5cm secondaries.

At 6km they're both ignoring your armor until you get an angle.  The Des Moines just kills you much much faster.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,157 battles
2 hours ago, Grizley said:

I have done this, yeppers. Shocked me stupid

[-BMV-]
Members
204 posts
13,609 battles

If the game just started, Conqueror

If the game is near the end and the red team has one, then khab

Members
3,803 posts
14,098 battles

ANY ship I encounter is capable of deleting my BB, some can just do it faster than others. They're ALL threats.

• Cool 1

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
371 posts
9,058 battles

Stealth shima running the 72kts torps while the guns are pointed the wrong way.  Has happened to me on maybe 2 occasions (usually you don't fight shima's with those kind of balls) but when it does happen, just go to port.  Do not pass Go.  Do not collect $200.

Of the OP's choice?  Khab's annoy the hell out of me more.  When you tell the team to focus them, it makes no difference.  At least people generally focus Conqs when they realize long-term leaving Mega-Zao on the battlefield is an error.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

Definitely the Khabie. I hate being harassed by them because at range and without support, there’s nothing you can do.

To be honest, I’d rather detonate than get toasted by a Khab.